PAW ATP Ranking Points - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #16
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAW ATP Ranking Points

No, I didn't make it...
It's quite a problem... first, there are 8 participants in the "real" Masters Cup, but we're going to have 16 participants... but the main problem is that in MC you get points for each win and not for the round you reached... so I have no solution yet how to convert that into ranking points...

The method I used when I prepared the ranking points list was simple:
Winner gets the winners points, Runner-up gets the finalist points, #4 gets semifinalist points, #8 gets QF points and so on... for the places in between I used linear interpolation... #3 is exactly between #2 and #4, #6 is between #4 and #8, then #5 is between #4 and #6 and so on...
The # of places that get ranking pts is the same as # of players in the real tournament, except that tournaments of 48 players get the same points as those with 64... the last place gets 1 point rather than 5 for 1st round losers...
So these principals can be easily applied to any tournament played in the usual knock-out system... but it's not applicable in MC...
Next week after Paris tournament is over I'll work on it...
Do you think it would make sense to give pts for wins rather than places in MC? That would be a totally different game...

What do you think about this:
Let's divide the players into 2 groups of 8 and play the 1st stage in seperate groups... the top 2 in each group will qualify to the SF, and play 1st in one group vs 2nd in the other group, and the 2 winners will play in the final... that would be as close as possible to the real thing, and make the tournament more exciting IMO...
We can use the same system for the semifinals and final to determine the lower places... 3rd and 4th in each group will play-off for 5-8 places, 5th and 6th for 9-12 places and 7th-8th for 13-16 places...
If such format will be used, then the quota of picks will be for the 1st stage only, and the SF and final will have a seperate quota... (either 1 or 2 picks in the SF and of course 1 in the final)
For such system we need to use tie-breaks... I suggest that the # of points in the 1st stage will break the tie in the head-to-head matches, and the ranking in the regular season will be the tie break in the group stage...
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 AM   #17
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

Rankings Points for MC:
Code:
1st ---- 750 ..... 9th ---- 177
2nd ---- 525 ..... 10th --- 168
3rd ---- 431 ..... 11th --- 159
4th ---- 337 ..... 12th --- 150
5th ---- 300 ..... 13th --- 140
6th ---- 262 ..... 14th --- 131
7th ---- 225 ..... 15th --- 121
8th ---- 187 ..... 16th --- 112
Old 12-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #18
country flag nitsansh

Managers, please note:

From 2006, all Masters Series tournaments will award ranking points of 96 players draw. Previousely, only Indian Wells and Miami were 96-players tournaments, the rest were 64. I don't think it makes sense to make such difference on PAW tour since the # of players is roughly the same.

The ranking points of tournaments in classes IS600, IS800 and IS1000/ISG800 will be determined by the # of players commited to the tournament at Midnight on the last Saturday prior to the tournament. If there are at least 40 commitments, the 64 players chart should be used. If there are 39 or less commitments, the 32 players version will be used.

For example, on the week of Jan 2nd, Doha has (at this moment) 46 commitments, so ranking points for 64 players will be awarded.

For the time being, all IS400 tournaments will award points for 32 players, as there are no tournaments on the ATP tour which have a larger field. All ISG1000 tournaments award points for 64 players.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
country flag elletrista

elletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond repute

elletrista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #20
country flag Cervantes

Cervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsansh
Managers, please note:

From 2006, all Masters Series tournaments will award ranking points of 96 players draw. Previousely, only Indian Wells and Miami were 96-players tournaments, the rest were 64. I don't think it makes sense to make such difference on PAW tour since the # of players is roughly the same.

The ranking points of tournaments in classes IS600, IS800 and IS1000/ISG800 will be determined by the # of players commited to the tournament at Midnight on the last Saturday prior to the tournament. If there are at least 40 commitments, the 64 players chart should be used. If there are 39 or less commitments, the 32 players version will be used.

For example, on the week of Jan 2nd, Doha has (at this moment) 46 commitments, so ranking points for 64 players will be awarded.

For the time being, all IS400 tournaments will award points for 32 players, as there are no tournaments on the ATP tour which have a larger field. All ISG1000 tournaments award points for 64 players.
I'm sorry, but I haven't applied these rules thusfar. You mentioned it once to me and I thought it was a good idea. But since I never heard about it afterwards I assumed we kept the old point system, more so since it was never discussed in the manager thread (as far as I know).

Question now is: do we apply this new point system from this moment? or do we keep using the old system for the entire year?

Berdych, Blake, J. Johansson, Ljubicic, Nalbandian and Tursunov

2005 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2006 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2007 PAW Year-end ranking: 6

Career titles (7): 2004 – Toronto AMS; 2005 – Monte Carlo AMS, Roland Garros, Kitzbühel; 2006 – Doha, Beijing; 2007 - Kitzbühel.
Finalist (3): 2005 – Miami AMS, Barcelona; 2006 – Bastad.
Cervantes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #21
country flag Frank Winkler

Frank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond repute

I am never sure if i am using the right ranking points.
Would it be possible to have the correct ranking points listed in the actual paw tournament string, as they do with the women?
Frank Winkler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #22
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I noticed there are in total twice or three times as many PAW ranking points (not the winner, but cumulatively) for a International Series Pro (like Tokyo) compared to an International Series (like Metz). That seems a large difference. Of course because fewer people commit to the International Series it evens out a little. An International Series is ranked to about place 30, while a Pro is ranked to 60. Maybe the difference should be a little smaller?
As you pointed there are fewer people commiting for IS then to ISP so the difference evens out, especially that the number of paw ranking points depends on the # of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsansh View Post

Therefore I don't see a reason for lowering the difference.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #23
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I've looked at the 64-draw and International Series Gold PAW tourmanents this year:

Memphis 2007: Gold, 32-draw, No PAW ranking points indicated.
Rotterdam 2007: Gold, 32-draw, No PAW ranking points indicated.
Acapulco 2007: Gold, 32-draw, No PAW ranking points indicated.
Dubai 2007: Gold 1000, 32-draw, No PAW ranking points indicated,
Barcelona 2007: Gold 1000, 48-draw, 64 places ranked (300 pts first place)
Queens 2007: Normal, 48-draw, 64 places ranked (225 pts first place)
Stuttgart 2007: Gold, 32-draw. More than 40 contestants. Only 32 places ranked.
Kitzbuhel 2007: Gold, 48-draw. No ranking points indicated.
Washington 2007: Normal, 48-draw. No ranking points indicated.
Tokyo 2007: Gold, 48-draw, 64 places ranked (250 pts first place)
Vienna 2007: Gold, 32 draw.

In practice it seems the "40 contestants" rule isn't followed, but this actual rule is used: if the tournament has a 48 or 64-draw, then 64 places are ranked. For example Stuttgart had only 32 places ranked while there were more than 40 contestants.

I think the rules should be a little bit clearer. The ranking points should be posted clearly in every PAW thread and the ranking points and number of ranking places should be clear when players commmit.

Maybe the easiest rule would be this:

- Every 48-draw or 64-draw tournament has 64 places ranked for PAW, unless there are less than 40 PAW players comitted as of midnight before the first day of play, in which case 32 places are ranked.
- Every 32-draw tournament (Gold or not) has 32 places ranked.

If this is pointed out in the commitments thread the 64/48-draw tournament will automatically attract more PAW players. And usually the ATP only schedule one more 32-draw tournament when a 64/48-draw tournament is played, so the distribution will be even.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #24
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a question:

On the first posts of this thread, I'm confused about what a IS400 and ISG800 etc. is. I thought there were just ATP250, ATP500, MS1000, and grand slams...

Can somebody PM me the rankings points table for the BMW Open in Munich???
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #25
country flag wee

wee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond repute

wooo,thx for post this info here
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM   #26
country flag nitsansh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfish8 View Post
Just a question:

On the first posts of this thread, I'm confused about what a IS400 and ISG800 etc. is. I thought there were just ATP250, ATP500, MS1000, and grand slams...

Can somebody PM me the rankings points table for the BMW Open in Munich???
This thread is very old. The initials refer to the categories of tournaments that existed at that time. IS is initials for International Series, ISG for international Series Gold, and the numbers are the prize money (in 1000$). IS and ISG are roughly equivalent to ATP250 and ATP500, though at that time there were more points categories as you can see.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #27
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very old thread. The latest PAW Ranking points are contained in the following thread:-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134928
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote