Fabrice News and Articles - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #136
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fabrice News and Articles

well he wants the record but in this way he will never stop he will do like rodolphe gilbert playing at 40 yo lol
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #137
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

He'll play AO according to RMC sports
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #138
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I see mostly negative reactions everywhere, maybe he will think about it again.
Even Thoreau (the ES blogger), who really isn't very harsh, says it seems quite pointless.
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/bl...article/11659/
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #139
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

An interview he gave in Metz (since he will now work with the tournament organization among other things):
http://www.republicain-lorrain.fr/fr...s-l-arene.html

He's delighted by his last AO. "Was it my last match? If I can play in the Interclubs or if I'm invited to play in doubles, I won't refuse!"
Then some drooling over Fed, he talks about the Frenchies in Melbourne, his job for the Metz tournament (he'll be in charge of the communication with the ATP and the players).
And at the end he's asked to give his 3 favourite...
- ... numbers:
70 (his GS record)
6h33 (the longest match)
30 (his titles in singles and doubles)
- ... names:
Marcel, his father who "revolutionized" his career
Federer
Agassi (he's rediscovered him when he read his book)
- ... places:
Melbourne (he would live there if it was just 5 hours away)
Tahiti (his birthplace)
Paris/la Seyne-sur-Mer

Last edited by Truc : 02-02-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #140
country flag Fabrice Fan

Fabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the news Truc. I still check this site on a regular basis for Fabrice news. I really appreciate you keeping us updated!
Fabrice Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #141
country flag Truc

The special polo shirt Lacoste had made for his last Grand Slam, they made only 4 pieces, it will be a collector's piece!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #142
country flag AndyM

AndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't find this article here. So...
From thebiofile.com

Tennis Week: What was your first memory of tennis?

Fabrice Santoro: “When McEnroe was up two sets and 3-1 in the third in the French Open final 1984.”

Tennis Week: Were you rooting for McEnroe?

Fabrice Santoro: “Oh yeah. Sorry for Ivan [smiles]. But I was 200 percent behind John.”

Tennis Week: Has there been a secret to your success?

Fabrice Santoro: “Yeah, I fell in love with tennis when I was a kid. I have the real passion, I really love the sport. And that’s probably the secret, to stay alive for so many years.”

Tennis Week: What match did you play your very best, your finest tennis?

Fabrice Santoro: “After so many wins and loses on the Tour it’s tough for me to choose a match. But because I am in New York I will say that when I lost to Federer in 2005. My ovation here in New York was a magic moment for me. (Fabrice received a standing ovation at the end of the night match on Ashe Stadium, and Federer said he was one of his favorite opponents to play because he was so unique.).”

Tennis Week: What inspired you to write your forthcoming autobiography (“My Two Hands”)?

Fabrice Santoro: “I always heard, You’re different, you play different. The way you think about tennis is different. So I just want to explain that. If I’m really different on that.”

Tennis Week: Is anyone helping you write it?

Fabrice Santoro: “A lady who is completely out of tennis helped me because I would need two years to do it myself.”

Tennis Week: Is your tennis writing style different and unique like your playing style?

Fabrice Santoro: “You will tell me when you read it [smiles]. I hope.”

Tennis Week: Will it be published also in English because I know several tennis journalists who are very interested to read this book?

Fabrice Santoro: “Possibly. Maybe. It’s not my decision.”
AndyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote