Spring Hardcourts - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #91
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring Hardcourts

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #92
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing that 13 beside his name does not sit well with me. If he loses before the quarters in Miami, say 4th round, how low will he probably drop? The ranking formula makes my head hurt. If Andy knows what's good for him, he'll not disappear this April-June. You never know, he might have another good run like in Rome, what was it, 2008?
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #93
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he's going to drop out of the top ten atleast until Madrid or Rome where he'll have a chance to gobble up some points.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #94
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. Funny Fee.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #95
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

this is a worse result than even i was thinking of when i saw the draw. i wonder if this is gonna prove to be something that'll end up doing more damage later on/if we'll see it pop up more. his clay season is already practically nonexistent.

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #96
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

It's impossible.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #97
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

oy vey he is a hot mess right now

P. CUEVAS/A. Roddick

6 4, 7 6

An interview with:

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Are you contagious?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. Come here.

Q. So what is it?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I had a little trouble breathing out there today. I've had something for a little while, but I'm going to have it checked out when I get home.

Q. Looked like you were limping. Anything wrong with your foot?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't have any new information. I have to get some stuff looked at.

Q. When did it start bothering you?
ANDY RODDICK: What's that?

Q. Breathing.
ANDY RODDICK: I didn't feel good all day.

Q. Did you feel bad...
ANDY RODDICK: I have had it dating back to Memphis off and on. That's a little too long, I think. I don't know. I don't have anything more than that for you guys.

Q. You're concerned obviously because of the mono last year?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, we all know the history. I mean, you guys know as much as I do at this point. So we'll try to figure it out next week.

Q. Did you have any indication though? You were coughing the other day and stuff like that. Did you have any indication that you just weren't feeling well going into the match?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I have been coughing, but it hasn't been affecting my or breathing or energy levels until last couple days. Cough is fine as long as you feel fine, you know, running and breathing and all that stuff.

Q. Even so, did you feel like you had a chance to get into the match, or you just put in the time and were trying to put in a good effort?
ANDY RODDICK: I didn't feel very optimistic throughout the day.

Q. You weren't moving on some those aces. Was that your sickness or your injury?
ANDY RODDICK: It was you want me to put a percentage to know?

Q. Was it both?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, there was some stuff going on.

Q. Do you think way Cuevas' play was good enough?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, he played well. He hit some good passing shots. He definitely had more game than I did today, that's for sure.

Q. What hurt you most about his play?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, he was hitting that kick serve pretty well on the ad side. I had a couple looks in the second set, and he hit a couple good ones.

Q. If you weren't defending champ, you might have bagged it early, you think?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. No, I don't think that had much bearing on it. No, I didn't think about that.

Q. Can you just tell us how you feel? I mean, just how bummed you are, how emotionally...
ANDY RODDICK: Just frustrated. You know, you don't like going out there with, you know, less than what you got, and I feel like I have been doing that a lot. It's just frustrating.
Yeah, I mean, it's not like I'm super mad because I had chances or lost or didn't play I mean, it's just frustrating.

Q. What's your schedule like coming up?
ANDY RODDICK: Ah, like what?

Q. What's your next tournament?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I'm going to get to the clay a lot earlier than I did last year hopefully. I probably I haven't talked I'm going to have to talk to my coach about that. There is a lot coming in here I don't have the answers for you.
You normally regroup after this tournament and see where you're at.

Q. You went to your doctors in Texas after Delray; did they tell you anything?
ANDY RODDICK: I was sick. I got on antibiotics. Had a bronchial infection of some sort, and I got a little better for Davis Cup. I felt fine during Palm Springs, and then, you know, came back a little bit when I was down here.

Q. Is it the same? Does it feel the same as what you had just before Delray?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, it's deep in the chest. It's not even so much nasally or throat or anything like that. It's just, you know, when I laugh, I start sounding like a car trying to start.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #98
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

yo tennis Gods, can you give Andy a break?

he really should stop eating all those children. we've all seen his health issues in the past 2 years so we can say...karma is a bitch.

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #99
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

um, well. that's a curious interview. might the most lost and frustrated I've ever seen. Not like the emotional Andy, when he loses, or even the snarky, snarling, fighting Andy after a loss. That just seems like "super duper what the hell is going on with me frustrated". But I'm glad to see him say he wants to play more clay this year. I just hope he gets home and gets completely fixed before he gets on another airplane. Commercial flights are some of the germiest places on the planet.

I agree with whoever wrote in GM that he'll probably be back in the top ten by the end of the year. He's not done yet.

In the meantime, I think I need a break from tennis, and some of its loser fans, so I'll be knitting or something for a while. I can be found in other places if anyone really cares.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #100
country flag Deboogle!.

he says he wants to play more clay but he's not scheduled to play again until Madrid, then he has Madrid, Rome, and Nice. More than last year I guess since that's when he got mono but not exactly a lot. I'd say he should ask for a WC into Houston but he needs to get himself in order first