Severe Censorship - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #91
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Severe Censorship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
I'm totally against reopening these threads, no matter if in GM or anywhere else. They're spiteful, nasty and therefore not needed among adults.

And I think that there should be some ways to keep the result threads in GM clean from trolling. I've read that trolling on MTF is against the rules so the usual suspects who are repeatedly doing that in the result threads shoud be warned.

Otherwise, scoobs can do what he wants. He's the boss
sycophant |ˈsikəfənt; -ˌfant|
noun
a person who acts obsequiously toward someone in order to gain advantage; a servile flatterer.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #92
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

But this censorship is becoming too much. Fed's mate posted this in terms of Djokovic-Nadal on clay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
+1. I see no reason why he wont win it. He's better than Nadal right now in every department (the results prove this) and rafa is in poor form. In my view it looks like Djok will be the best player in between the Federer & Dimitrov eras. He is just too good right now. Nadal has nothing on him. I am trying to visualize rafa beating Novak and i just cant see it. Sorry it aint happening.
An uninformed post to say the least. I responded with a smiley to which Fed's Mate insulted me (that post is now deleted).

Instead of running to the mods like a whiny little bitch, I took it upon myself to explain my situation (Nadal's many month title less drought that happens every year and his record on clay since 2005 that speaks for itself) and insult Fed's Mate back, calling him a fuckwit. Then, instead of being a man, insulting me back, and giving me a legitimate reason why he thinks Djokovic can actually beat Nadal on clay, the little punk ass bitch whines and cries to the mods and gets all the posts deleted

Don't dish it if you can't take it, kid.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by scoobs : 03-24-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #93
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

The posts were in breach of the rules, so I don't know what your problem is.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #94
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't like the hypocrisy. And scoobs, I know it is a very difficult job moderating this site, and I commend you.

But you see insults flying all around GM 24/7. Should you not delete all posts?

Or does the loud mouth the one that gets fed? ie, the poster who complains gets his wish of deleted posts because he can't handle a naughty word being hurled in his direction when he flings it all around this site in every post he makes?

Look, posters like me would rather insult back when provoked than cry to the mods to have posts deleted. MTF vigilante justice, as it were. I guess it must be a philosophical difference.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #95
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see insults flying around GM all the time because I don't read every thread. Nor do any of the other mods. So in some cases, reporting posts is what gets them attention, otherwise mods might miss them.

Philosophically you might prefer to fight fire with fire, as it were, but that's still against the rules.

Perhaps we need to add another half a dozen or so mods to GM and NT.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #96
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Or does the loud mouth the one that gets fed? ie, the poster who complains gets his wish of deleted posts because he can't handle a naughty word being hurled in his direction when he flings it all around this site in every post he makes?
You better not be talking about me, because I rarely use bad language in my posts, nor have I ever reported a post because it contained a swear word directed at me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
But this censorship is becoming too much. Fed's mate posted this in terms of Djokovic-Nadal on clay:

An uninformed post to say the least. I responded with a smiley to which Fed's Mate insulted me (that post is now deleted).

Instead of running to the mods like a whiny little bitch, I took it upon myself to explain my situation (Nadal's many month title less drought that happens every year and his record on clay since 2005 that speaks for itself) and insult Fed's Mate back, calling him a fuckwit. Then, instead of being a man, insulting me back, and giving me a legitimate reason why he thinks Djokovic can actually beat Nadal on clay, the little punk ass bitch whines and cries to the mods and gets all the posts deleted

Don't dish it if you can't take it, kid.
You can't call him a kid, when he's older than you

Also, his post was also deleted, so what's the problem?
You say you don't whine to the mods, but what exactly are you doing right now?

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,530,210 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-141...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #97
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word Life View Post
You better not be talking about me, because I rarely use bad language in my posts, nor have I ever reported a post because it contained a swear word directed at me...
It was directed at Fed's Mug.

Quote:
You can't call him a kid, when he's older than you

Also, his post was also deleted, so what's the problem?
You say you don't whine to the mods, but what exactly are you doing right now?
I am discussing.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #98
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I will step up.

l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #99
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't see insults flying around GM all the time because I don't read every thread. Nor do any of the other mods. So in some cases, reporting posts is what gets them attention, otherwise mods might miss them.

Philosophically you might prefer to fight fire with fire, as it were, but that's still against the rules.

I think the big thing here is that if we do delete every single personal attack 3/4s of the board complains and if we don't delete every single personal attack, 3/4s of the board still complains.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #100
safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I think the big thing here is that if we do delete every single personal attack 3/4s of the board complains and if we don't delete every single personal attack, 3/4s of the board still complains.
If you ban Word Life then 1/4 of the problem solved instantly.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #101
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

mods deleted my Gulbis thread.

get over yourselves and contribute!
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #102
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

was that the Gulbis should retire thread?

If so why is this one still open

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=10600357

whilst I agree the thread was a complete load of bollocks the other posters should at least be able to express that thought rather than it just being closed.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #103
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Bit different suggesting a guy in his early 20s should retire after a poor match than suggesting a guy approaching 30 and struggling a lot for results might be "done" in terms of slam wins and top 10 tennis, no?

The Gulbis thread is a typical, and silly reaction, to a bad loss by people on here, and if it were left up there's be handfuls of them every tournament. I don't think so.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #104
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case you missed my post, scoobs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I will step up.

l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #105
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Noted.
Closed Thread