World Group 1R: France at Austria (March 4-6, 2011) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #16
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group 1R: France at Austria (March 4-6, 2011)

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...10813&zoneid=6
Quote:
French Davis Cup team in turmoil before tie
March 01, 2011 - Ticker

The French Davis Cup team that will play Austria this coming weekend in Vienna has fallen into bit of turmoil, with top player Gilles Simon telling L'Equipe that he doesn’t see eye to eye with captain Guy Forget. L'Equipe says that Simon is still upset that he wasn’t called on to play the deciding rubber in France’s final round loss to Serbia last December, and doesn’t believe that Forget understands his counterpuncher's game.

"Guy has a vision for action and I play more in response," Simon said. "Guy was an attacker. He won the Davis Cup by attacking. So that's his perception of the game and I respect that, but it does not stick at all to my game." Simon added that Forget has different rules for various players on the team.

Former Davis Cup captain Patrice Dominguez told L'Equipe that “Guy is weakened…The trust did not exist. There is a problem with Forget with this generation, he did not know that before. Guy was a player of the older generation. He's therefore very close to [Arnuad] Clement and [Michael] Llodra. With them, he understood everything. In this case, there was less dialogue. With [Jo-Wilfried] Tsonga, Simon, [Richard] Gasquet and [Gael] Monfils, there are many misunderstandings."

Simon later lashed out the newspaper, saying the publication of the interview, which was done in Australia, was ill timed to coincide with Davis Cup week.

France is already without the injured Monfils, Tsonga and Gasquet. "We need to talk together, but this must remain between us," said Julien Benneteau, who is supposed to play doubles with Michael Llodra.—Matthew Cronin

© TENNIS.com. All Rights Reserved.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Chardy will play singles.
LLodra wil only play double with Bennet
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Friday
R1: Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Jeremy Chardy (FRA)
R2: Stefan Koubek (AUT) v Gilles Simon (FRA)

Saturday
R3: Oliver Marach / Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Julien Benneteau / Michael Llodra (FRA)

Sunday
R4: Jurgen Melzer (AUT) v Gilles Simon (FRA)
R5: Stefan Koubek (AUT) v Jeremy Chardy (FRA)

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Finally Knowle won't play double with Melzer ?? Good news for us !!!
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
Finally Knowle won't play double with Melzer ?? Good news for us !!!
I'm not sure that it is actually. I saw him as a hindrance...his level and fitness have dropped over the last couple of years. Marach isn't reliable, but on a good day he isn't a bad player, as his doubles ranking suggests, and he and Melzer can combine to be a reasonable partnership. The question, for me, is whether Benneteau is up for the task. If he is, the French doubles are probably too classy for the Austrians. If he isn't, Llodra will need to be very sharp.

Either way, I think the Austrians made a wise decision with Marach.

I sense that both sides are holding back a trick for Sunday (assuming that the tie is still open). I could see Llodra being used in the 5th rubber, if Chardy plays poorly against Melzer (and assuming that the doubles isn't too tough). Equally, I'm not convinced that Koubek will see a great deal of action. Against Simon it probably doesn't matter, but I'll be shocked if Fischer doesn't play at some stage during the tie. After all, Fischer is the immediate future for Austrian tennis; Koubek is virtually finished, and there is nothing much to gain by playing him.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

FRANCE leads AUSTRIA 2-0

Jeremy Chardy (FRA) d. Jurgen Melzer (AUT) 75 64 75
Gilles Simon (FRA) d. Stefan Koubek (AUT) 60 62 63
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #22
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew that France had good chances playing on clay with Gasquet and Simon but i didn`t expect this present of Chardy to beat Melzer .
I don`t understand Schaller`s desicion to pick clay, not to team up Knowle-Marach forcing Melzer to play the three points, Fischer not playing that single match against Simon instead of Koubek
Everything is leaded now for France to win a difficult tie .
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Marach & Melzer d. Benneteau & Llodra 64 36 63 64

France lead 2-1 going into Sunday.

If Melzer had turned up on Friday, Austria would be looking good right now...

I could see him beating Simon, but if after all that it comes down to Koubek to play another singles match, there isn't much point.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #24
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
Marach & Melzer d. Benneteau & Llodra 64 36 63 64

France lead 2-1 going into Sunday.

If Melzer had turned up on Friday, Austria would be looking good right now...

I could see him beating Simon, but if after all that it comes down to Koubek to play another singles match, there isn't much point.
Why not Fischer?
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #25
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
Either way, I think the Austrians made a wise decision with Marach.
oh yes, he was the pillar of the doubles time, with Jürgen still shaky on serve and poor FHs. Marach was the best guy of all 4 player son court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Fischer not playing that single match against Simon instead of Koubek
HE was ill early this season and had absolutely no results after his brief comeback.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #26
country flag fran70

Amazing comeback by the Austrians rallying back 0-2 from the first day and now 2-2 after the victory of Melzer over Simon in 5 sets. France is still the favourite to win this tie though but anything can happen with Chardy playing.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:14 PM   #27
country flag superwachta

superwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond reputesuperwachta has a reputation beyond repute

anyone knows where i can see fischer-chardy for free?

i'm from austria but i'm currently in istanbul. sport.orf.at-livestream doesn't work due to copyright reasons, fromsport & channelsurfing seem to be down here, bwin can be loaded but not the live-section and bet365 cannot be loaded at all.

any other possibilities???
superwachta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
country flag Dray

Dray is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwachta View Post
anyone knows where i can see fischer-chardy for free?

i'm from austria but i'm currently in istanbul. sport.orf.at-livestream doesn't work due to copyright reasons, fromsport & channelsurfing seem to be down here, bwin can be loaded but not the live-section and bet365 cannot be loaded at all.

any other possibilities???
Try this one: http://livefootballstream.net/
Dray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
country flag Dray

Dray is on a distinguished road

Match is over. France won.
Dray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote