Winter/Spring HC season 2011 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #211
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter/Spring HC season 2011

The best player won and now it's 5-0.
And Simon even badmouthed Gasquet after the match just to add to his own humiliation.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #212
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
Ritchie, his first victory of the year against a top player! congrats, it was a tough one.

I found Gilles a bit disappointing in second set, he just gave up at 4-2. He tried to come to the net more often and that's pretty much all the UE he made, Gasquet was moonballing to death to avoid the counterattacks from Simon, he made lots of BH winners and lots of FH in the net He made his signature move in first set: DF on break point but he fought too, and fought again to win the third which was very tense. He saved 2 BPs in the last game.

Simon was so nervous, he had the match in his hands, Gasquet was clueless until half way in the second, but Simon gave away a game and then became so nervous, that he finally gave up.
Gilles only ranked 33 this week, and he is the highest ranked player Richard beat this year.
Well done Blackbriar, pretending to be a Gilles fan from time to time just so when you badmouth him, it almost sound legit . Hypocrisy at it's finest form. Please go back to Richard's forum to rave about his achievement ie his HtoH towards that great player Simon (your word, not mine), and other Frenchies, may as well while you're at it. And please respect the player forum rule to not come here to stir things up. I know it's hard for you to understand what respect means, please try anyway.

BTW, are you saying that got beaten by Richard is humiliation? C'mon, Richard isn't that bad, is he?
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #213
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Blackbriar is 5-1, Gilles won in Sunrise meeting last year
Gillouthe best is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #214
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
Blackbriar is 5-1, Gilles won in Sunrise meeting last year
Challenger doesn't count, albeit just technicality, rather than quality of the tournament though, because Sunrise is easily higher quality than some ATP250 like Jo'burg, and that match wasn't like it was played when they were 17 or sth. Nevertheless, it is not a tour level, so don't count. Let's give Blackbriar that, since Richard's fans seem to rejoice by the fact that Gilles is 0-5 to Richard, maybe they don't have much thing to cheer about these days?
Old 02-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #215
country flag lalaland

BTW, to be fair, we should know what Gilles said:

« Je ne pense pas que Richard a fait un bon match, expliquait-il. On a fait un très, très mauvais match. Moi plus que lui, c’est tout. Devant sa télé, Guy ( Forget) a dû nous insulter et il aurait eu raison de le faire. Ça jouait tout doucement, dans le carré de service, c’était nul. Si “Ritchie” joue comme ça contre Federer en demi-finales, il va prendre une dérouillée. » L’histoire nous le dira. On veut bien entendre que Simon a détesté son match d’hier. Il n’a pas frappé un retour, encore moins une attaque. « Ici, entre le court très rapide et ces balles toutes pourries qui flottent, je n’arrive pas à jouer (Simon n’a pas attendu de perdre pour dire ça. Il disait exactement pareil après ses victoires contre Youzhny, sa bête noire qu’il a blanchie, et Rosol). Cette semaine, mon niveau était catastrophique. Ça fait sacrément longtemps que je ne m’étais pas senti si mal sur un tournoi. Au moins, ça m’évitera de me faire désosser par Federer.

A brief translation:
"I do not think Richard has made a good match,"he explained. It was a very, very poor match. Me more than him, that's all. In front of his TV Guy (Forget) had to insult us and he was right to do so. It was playing softly (conservatively, I think what he meant), in the service box, it was zero. If "Ritchie" plays like that against Federer in the semifinals, it will take a thrashing”. History will tell. We want to hear that Simon hated his match yesterday. He did not strike a return, let alone an attack. "Here, between runs very fast and the balls that float all rotten, I can not play (Simon did not wait to lose to say that (he didn’t only said that when he lost). He said exactly the same after his victories against Youzhny, his bête noire whom he bleached, and Rosol). This week, my level was abysmal. It's been damn long since I had not felt so bad on a tournament. At least that way, it will safe me from dissected by Federer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
I found Gilles a bit disappointing in second set, he just gave up at 4-2. He tried to come to the net more often and that's pretty much all the UE he made, Gasquet was moonballing to death to avoid the counterattacks from Simon, he made lots of BH winners and lots of FH in the net. He made his signature move in first set: DF on break point but he fought too, and fought again to win the third which was very tense. He saved 2 BPs in the last game.

Simon was so nervous, he had the match in his hands, Gasquet was clueless until half way in the second, but Simon gave away a game and then became so nervous, that he finally gave up.
Giles didn't say much different than what you said, though he didn’t mention Richard’s winners. Surely, he could have been more polished and not let his emotion got the better of him and say nice things about Richard, I’m sure some ppl like players to sugarcoat things. But he did play a very very bad match, both tactic and executions were bad, do you not agree? Gilles can be a sore loser sometimes, it’s embarrassing sometimes how not lucid he is, especially when he played so badly and furious with himself. He's no angel, his ego does get in the way. But it's quite right that if Richard moonballs Fed, it will end badly for him, don't you think? And Gilles were so bad that he didn’t do nothing to the ball when he wasn’t making UEs, that ends in a lot of open courts for Richard to put the winners in. Don’t think Fed will give him that much open court. Simon is no Federer, unlucky for Richard since Gilles also had bps when Richard served for the match but Gilles didn’t convert, that’s probably that 0-4 in Gilles head that gets in the way, just like that 1-7 in Richard’s head today that gets in Richard’s way, maybe?

The better player won yesterday, the better player won today. None of them are the best player, the best player is at home resting. The player who’s better on the day always win, did u not notice? They don't have to play well, just need to be better than their opponent, agree? unless, you think Bjorn Phau was the best player when he beat Richard at Chennai in Jan? Don’t think so.

I read Gilles’ response and I LMAO, he's quite a crybaby sometimes. Oh well, like I said, he’s no angel. And he is right to be furious with himself, even I was furious with him yesterday, that didn't happen all that much bcos I’m usually a very forgiving fan , and I'm soooooooo biased.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #216
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

I can hardly understand the translation sorry

Anyway, Blackbriar, no need to vent your disappointed that Gasquet was totally outplayed by an average Fed today here. You are not welcome. I haven't been around here for long, but I understand now that your support for Gilles was insincere. Also, the bad mouthing was furthering his humiliation? What humiliation? Think you just insulted your own player there.

On another note, never heard Gilles be a kind of sore loser, in my half a year of full support for him. New side, but, he played bad, he was frustrated, i'll let him off. Just get your head together Gilles, go see a shrink, get mentally strong again, keep practicing your serve, let the draw Gods be kind...and we shall see.

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #217
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I see there's been a troll about! I prefered Richie21, this guy is just a pale imitation

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #218
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On another note, never heard Gilles be a kind of sore loser, in my half a year of full support for him. New side, but, he played bad, he was frustrated, i'll let him off. Just get your head together Gilles, go see a shrink, get mentally strong again, keep practicing your serve, let the draw Gods be kind...and we shall see.
to be fair and not wanting to fan the flames, Gilles does seem to hate giving Richard any credit when he beats him. I remember he gave him pretty much no credit for beating him at Sydney (well somewhere in Aus anyway) in 09 because I remember being really annoyed about it as I'm a fan of both. I'm sure if you checked back on the match threads you will find it.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #219
country flag lalaland

I'm glad that the classy Misha fans didn't come to gloat every time Misha beat Gilles, or we'd see them camp out here .

Like I said, Gilles only rank 33 this week, and the way he played this week, you can hardly call him a top player. "O.K., je n’ai pas fait un point gagnant du fond, O.K., je n’ai pas dû traverser une balle, O. K., ce n’était pas un niveau fabuleux, mais je l’ai battu !". That's what he said about the Youzhny match. He didn't save a single bps in round 1 and 2, 0-1 against Youzhny and 0-2 against Rosol whoever he is. And as bad as he played yesterday, he still made it to 6-4 in the 3rd .
Old 02-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #220
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
to be fair and not wanting to fan the flames, Gilles does seem to hate giving Richard any credit when he beats him. I remember he gave him pretty much no credit for beating him at Sydney (well somewhere in Aus anyway) in 09 because I remember being really annoyed about it as I'm a fan of both. I'm sure if you checked back on the match threads you will find it.
He is not a sore loser in general, but he is when he lost to Richard, Mika and Misha. I'm sure you read me saying that he is a sore loser sometimes when his ego got in the way, coincidentally that's when he loses to his nemesis. I called him a crybaby, I'm surely not defending him on that. Lost in Marseille to Mika 09 and lost to Misha in Tokyo 09, he didn't have any nice things to say about those matches either. Is he gracious in this loss? No. Surely, I wish he's perfect and always be as gracious as they come, but he isn't. Then I rather him be honest and not pretentious by saying good thing about others when he doesn't mean it. What I really want to say is that I think he was by no means disrespecting Richard. If you have read that itw on L'Equipe yesterday (that 6 questions), he has very nice things to say about Richard's ability on different surfaces, and that he sympathizes Richard's situation in DC. I'm saying that Gilles lost to the 3 guys a lot and it may be a little hard to take for him since he is sometimes accused of having a big ego. But normally, his post-matches analysis are usually lucid and reasonable, that's when his mind is clear and ego's not in the way.

He is no Richard, Richard is the least egolistic one amongst the 4 of them. But he's no Tsonga either .

And frankly, a lot of players and their fans give Gilles no credit when he beat them. I'm so used to that by now. Remember what some of them said when Gilles got to top 10? I'm annoyed too by those comments. I also remember you and other Richard fans gave no credit to Gilles when he beat Richard in Sunrise, because it was Richard who played badly according to you guys, who stood 3 meters behind the baseline...as if that's not the normal place he stand in most of his matches. I'm sorry and I don't want to be mean, but we should know that we are all biased toward our players, that's human nature. When there's a preference, it always shows.

And thanks to Blackbriar for coming here to stir things up, I think I may have offended a lot of Richard fans today. But really, I hate it when ppl pitch Richard against Gilles, or Gilles against Richard. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and are likable in their own way. I'm aware that I sometimes don't have nice things to say about Richard when others insist on comparing the 2 (one has to pick a side), but I cheer for Richard most of the time because I appreciate his talent and also sympathize with his situation (plus he beat Roddick from 2 sets down), besides, he is a nice guy and I know that. When one has such talent, it's hard to not cheer for him, hoping that he'll one day materialize them all. It can only be good if all talents managed to use their abilities to the maximium. And that's the reason I like Gilles bcos his talents lie in his intelligence, tenacity and determination, and he manages to achieve a lot of things with them. I can only wish that others will know how to appreciate him. Gilles got to Top 6 and stayed in top 10 for a considerable amount of time, not a whole lot of players can say that, so it amused me that some ppl keep insisting that he is lesser than the other players who achieved less. But that's opinions and they are subjective. Only facts are objective so I believe in them.

It's quite appropriate that I like Gilles, because I'm also very talkative and probably should be accused of talking too much

Last edited by lalaland : 02-26-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #221
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't quoting you I was quoting Silver (what is your name btw) who said that they'd never heard of Gilles being a sore loser. It does happen sometimes.

I wish Richard had more ego (any chance Jo could loan him some). I think there is an element of needing it. You need an element of ego to be a champion. I mean Rafa might be all humble but your not telling me he thinks he isn't number 1 player on clay for instance.

I don't think that Gilles likes losing to Richard because Richard has worked out how to play him smart (which for Richard is unusual these days lol) and Gilles likes to out smart players so I think it annoys him.

Gilles has come up with a few quite funny presser quotes over the years where I think he isn't entirely honest with himself but who is?!

Also re sunrise sorry I hold my opinion Richard was horrendously awful, but I still credit Gilles with the win. He's a lot better mentally than Richard!

As for Blackbriar been on my ignore list for ages now. It's a good feeling

PS Les I don't understand tennis haven at all. I'm a totally dunce with video streams etc I will PM you when I get back later.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #222
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I wasn't quoting you
Sorry Tori, I did notice that, but that's after I wrote the whole reply, then i was too lazy to bother to make changes. I should have changed my tone to get the points across. I didn't feel the need to change the points though, I stand by them. Once again, apologize if i offended you. Sometimes I'm a bit hotheaded, please do tell me when I'm too much.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #223
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by news-tennis83 View Post
@Lalaland, why do you answer to Blackbriar?
cos it was fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by news-tennis83 View Post
Finally, really, it's caricatural that say "Richard is a great talent whereas Gilles not but tenacity, mental and intelligent game let him to achieve more than people expected"...
I didn't say that, don't twist my words. Saying Richard is a great talent does not mean saying Gilles isn't. Saying Gilles has tenacity...does not mean he has no other attributes, saying he has achieved a lot does not means he did more than ppl expected, nor does it mean he won't continue to achieve more. Why are you reading everything like one is mutually exclusive to the other?

Are you the one who was accusing me of not being a real Gilles fan before? If you are, please, my request to you still stands, "IGNORE" me. I gave up, I can't write any more clear than I already had to explain myself. If you are not, then I'm sorry for mistaken you.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #224
country flag Cloudygirl

Talent is this undefinable thing.

If shot making is "talent" then Richard has it in spades but physicality is also a talent isn't it and mental ability might not be seen as a talent but it's vital. Plus Gilles has one of the best running backhands I've ever seen. I'd rather watch Richard on an on day than Gilles because Richard's all court game can be stunning but love both for different reasons.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #225
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles on against koubek now. On serve 1-0. I want Gilles to be more aggressive against koubek...get his confidence up

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote