Milos Raonic - Page 64 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #946
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milos Raonic

His serve is really a bad-breaker for all his opponents. Have we mentioned yet that it looks like Sampras? LOL
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #947
country flag Swim4life227

Swim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY! That was a tough game.
Swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #948

Swim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond reputeSwim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

Great rally to make it 15-15. Anyone who say he has no ground game after that is an idiot.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #949
country flag locyka19

locyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond repute

Querrey will break his legs.
locyka19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #950
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him to get the win; not surprised he was pushed to three, but 9 BP chances against isn`t a great sign.

This result should get him comfortably into the top 50, and just a handful of points away from the top ever ranking by a Canadian. Neither Querrey nor Fish have done much this year, and Milos would have a good chance against either, as long as he can physically hold up.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #951
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the match.. got the wrong time, oh well.. Heard Milos didn't shake the umpire's hand after a bad call And why don't they have hawk eye? stupid..

Still glad that Milos won the match though. But he looks exhausted. He's been playing tennis basically non stop for many weeks now. I understand if he loses the semifinal. It's totally understandable, and I won't blame him if he does.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #952
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

Great win, he was clearly tired but still he could keep the focus to win the important points in 3rd set.

I'm intrigued too about what he can show on clay and would like to see him in Acapulco, but after Davis Cup he'll have to play IW qualies (unless que receives a WC), and I think next week would be the perfect to rest

With this win Milos climbs to (near) 45 in the rankings, and can get direct entry to Montecarlo if he decides to play there
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #953

Well, the next match is winnable. Prior to this tournament Querrey was 0-3 and Fish was 2-2. I like Fish better but Querrey may be the easier beat given his form. At the same time, he always seems to pull it out at the 250/500 level tournies.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #954

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
I thought some of you who missed today's match might appreciate the amusing google translation of our Montenegrin friends' account. Who, btw, have upgraded Milos to "a Canadian of Montenegrin origin".

"Less than 15 hours after the second time in three days beat ninth world tennis players Fernando Verdasco, Milos Raonic went out into the field to play a second match circuit 500 Series ATP tournament in Memphis, once with eighthRacquet planet, Radek Stepanek. I beat him after a great drama and two hours and 32 minutes into the game with 6:4, 6:7 (10-12), 7-6 (7-1).

Course of the match

The guy who was born 27 December 1990. in Podgorica has started the match brilliantly, twice at the start took the 32-year service Čeh and led 3-0, but the player who is now the 65th the ATP rapidly decreased to 3:2.

However, it has preserved Raonić break advantage and got the first set 6-4. Canadian tennis player of Montenegrin origin "firing" of 11 aces, and one of his service was going at a speed of 237 kilometers per hour!

Almost all other classes are going at a speed of 233 kilometers per hour, of which three in the game in which the Raonić served for the set.

In the second tie-break set Raonić had four match points, of which one in your service. Stepanek got away with three straight points solve the drama score 12:10.Milos is also lost for only the second of 11 tie-break which was played this season.

At the third part of the game was not Breaks, although Raonic, as in the second set, had a few chances. In the tie-break Milos did wonders, led 6-0 and took his sixth match point total for the big 7-1."
You know what, I think it comes down to two things.. The Montenegrins are VERY nationalistic, just like the Serbs. And honestly, I get it.. they went through a war and finally got their separation from Yugoslavia. I understand they are proud of their country now, after they probably went through a lot during the war. That's why they are VERY nationalistic, when it comes to anything Montenegrin, even though this Montenegrin is mostly Canadian I also think they are kinda jealous. They wish Milos played for their country, again, I get it, but I think the Montenegrins are taking it a bit too far when they say GO MONTENEGRO on Facebook when Milos plays. He is representing CANADA, NOT Montenegro! Like I said, if a Norwegian athelete moved to another country when he was THREE years old, and then lived there for the rest of his life, and decided to play for them.. I would totally understand that. I don't think we can claim someone just because they were born here when they GREW up in another country! The Montenegrins should understand this. But then again, I guess they'll calm down when Milos have been playing for Canada for a few years and they'll realize he won't be playing for them. Well, at least I hope he'll continue to play for Canada, I mean.. you never know.

OK, I just thought about two examples.. You have Eric Guay, a Canadian alpine skier, who has Norwegian parents. Canada also has Ryder Hesjedal, a cyclist, who obviously has a very Norwegian last name, and probably has Norwegian parents or grandparents.. I get it's not the same as being born in Norway, but still.. I don't go around claiming these as one of ours. It's a fun fact they have Norwegian heritage, but that's as far as it goes.

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:

Last edited by FormerRafaFan : 02-18-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #955
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

He'll get the WC , It would be stupid if they don't.
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #956
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
I missed the match.. got the wrong time, oh well.. Heard Milos didn't shake the umpire's hand after a bad call And why don't they have hawk eye? stupid..
Milos was serving 40-15 for the match and the umpire called an overrule in a Kendrick's volley that, in my opinion, was clearly out. Then Milos hit an ace in the next point to win the match. Probably what Milos did is not right, but the overrule was in the end of the match, in a very important point, and it seemed the umpire was wrong, so I think it could be understandable

Last edited by RogerExpress : 02-18-2011 at 06:54 PM.
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #957

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really like that he did that, everyone is human. But what I don't understand is why they don't have Hawk-Eye?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #958

When I meant everyone is human I meant that even umpires are prone to making mistakes once and a while, but ya it did look like it was out.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #959
country flag canuckfan

canuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond reputecanuckfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
You know what, I think it comes down to two things.. The Montenegrins are VERY nationalistic, just like the Serbs. And honestly, I get it.. they went through a war and finally got their separation from Yugoslavia. I understand they are proud of their country now, after they probably went through a lot during the war. That's why they are VERY nationalistic, when it comes to anything Montenegrin, even though this Montenegrin is mostly Canadian I also think they are kinda jealous. They wish Milos played for their country, again, I get it, but I think the Montenegrins are taking it a bit too far when they say GO MONTENEGRO on Facebook when Milos plays. He is representing CANADA, NOT Montenegro! Like I said, if a Norwegian athelete moved to another country when he was THREE years old, and then lived there for the rest of his life, and decided to play for them.. I would totally understand that. I don't think we can claim someone just because they were born here when they GREW up in another country! The Montenegrins should understand this. But then again, I guess they'll calm down when Milos have been playing for Canada for a few years and they'll realize he won't be playing for them. Well, at least I hope he'll continue to play for Canada, I mean.. you never know.

OK, I just thought about two examples.. You have Eric Guay, a Canadian alpine skier, who has Norwegian parents. Canada also has Ryder Hesjedal, a cyclist, who obviously has a very Norwegian last name, and probably has Norwegian parents or grandparents.. I get it's not the same as being born in Norway, but still.. I don't go around claiming these as one of ours. It's a fun fact they have Norwegian heritage, but that's as far as it goes.
Eric Guay has Norwegian parents? "Guay" is pretty frequent surname in Quebec. Do you mean his mother?

(sorry if this is off topic)
canuckfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #960

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckfan View Post
Eric Guay has Norwegian parents? "Guay" is pretty frequent surname in Quebec. Do you mean his mother?

(sorry if this is off topic)
Yeah, I read that one of his parents was Norwegian, probably his mother I guess..

Quote:
Quote: