Help Switching To A New Racquet - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
country flag khoikn

khoikn is on a distinguished road
Default Help Switching To A New Racquet

Currently I use a Babolat Drive Z 118 Racquet.
This will be my second year of playing Tennis and at the start, this racquet was amazing because I didn't have enough power in my strokes so I let the racquet do most of the power work.
The problem now is that I over shoot pretty much all of my shots with this racquet.

I practiced with a friend's Aeropro Drive GT for about 2 hours and felt like an entirely new player.
Even he noticed, my strokes had spin, and were pretty deep and precise.

This made me want to get a new racquet.
One setback would be that I only have about 80$ to put out for a new one.
So I would like the opinions of the forums members to help me choose one.
(Preferably one from Amazon, Sports Authority, Sports Chalet, or Dick's Sporting Goods)
It should have specs similar to the Aeropro Drive GT, so:

*Head Size: 100-105
*Weight(Strung): At least 10.6 Oz.
*80$ or LESS

Can be strung or un-strung doesn't matter to me.
khoikn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Switching To A New Racquet

Ok so first, never buy tennis rackets from dick's sporting goods. Tenniswarehouse.com is having a liquidation sale, and there are a lot of good frames at low prices.

If you tell me more about your game then I can give you some better info on what may work for you.

Wilson has good rackets, but they are very expensive the only one that meets your needs in the price range is: K Facktor K Strike ($45.95)

Head produces consistent rackets at decent prices. Their primary focus is on groundstrokes: Head Liquidmetal Radical Oversize ($69.95)

Prince produces rackets with a modern feel. I dont really like their technology, but there are many that do: Hybrid Hornet Midplus/Oversize ($79.95) or Hybrid Shark Midplus/Oversized ($75.95)

Dunlop is obviously my favorite. They offer traditional style frames at prices lower than wilson. Their main emphisis is on Forehand, Serve, and Volleys: Dunlop Aerogel 500 ($69.95)

you can always find used frames on ebay amazon etc. I use tenniswarehouse.com to buy rackets but I'm not sure if they deliver where you are from. They will string the racket for free and have a few different options for free strings. Let me know more about your game and I can give you more info on what racket should suit you best.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
country flag MarcL80

MarcL80 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I agree with Tennis Warehouse has good liquidation sales, there are some good racquets for reasonable prices. I think it is worth to pay some 30-40 dolars more and buy a good racquet. If that doesn't suit your needs I suggest the Wilson BLX Pro Team FX for 89 $. It's quite similar to the Aero Pro Drive GT, a little bit lighter and with the same open string-pattern to give the ball some good topspin. Hope it helped...

Last edited by MarcL80 : 01-19-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Missing words
MarcL80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

After five years i'm going to switch from HEad Liqudmetal midplus to Yonex RQiS 1 Tour XL 95

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote