Australian Open 2011 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #76
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Open 2011

Grigor made a headline http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/index.html

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #77
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor Dimitrov Was Fantastic. Fantastic Game! Fantastic Win. Davai Grisha!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #78
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing victory
Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #79
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

It was a huge win, and I'm hearing a lot that he just completed dominated the match. Not that it hasn't been done before to Golubev, who really plays a winner or loser type of game, but I'm going to say that Dimitrov gets AT LEAST a set off Wawrinka, but I've got a feeling it's going to be a 5 set thriller
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #80
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say Grigor wins in a tight match , if he extends this form , we might see great things.
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #81
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Do your best Grisho!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #82
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Stan tomorrow, Dimi. If you pull this win off, you're officially playing with the big boys in 2011.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 AM   #83

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Someone asked Tursunov via Twitter about Grisho's match vs Stan and here's the answer. Gotta love the confidence in his mate.

"@TursunovTales Sure can. Most likely will, too RT @phil4321566: @TursunovTales can ur mate do the bizzo today vs stan ?"

Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #84

Clip from match vs Stan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWx8w0a4DpU

Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #85
country flag proud bulgarian

proud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond reputeproud bulgarian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Good luck against Stan tomorrow, Dimi. If you pull this win off, you're officially playing with the big boys in 2011.
Grigor is still going to play with the big boys this year. He totally dominated Golubev, there was really no contest there - not for more than 10 points anyway Some of the people who saw him for the first time were truly in awe. You could inadvertently hear exclamations like "Did you see that backhand????!!! Did you see that?!" or "Unbelievable! His forehand is exactly like Federer's.", etc. Grigor became a revelation for quite a few people that afternoon.

In the match with Wawrinka, he had a good start, but his inexperience on "the big stage" showed later on in double faults at the wrong moment. There are a few things that his coach will no doubt take from the match and work on and then we'll see another stage of improvement in Grigor's game and mental toughness and consistency.

All in all, though, he played some brilliant points, showed great versatility and a lot of his strokes would have ended up winners if he was not playing such a strong and determined opponent. We saw some lovely rallies. Too bad Stan W. has such a great second serve too... Let's not forget Wawrinka won Chennai just before AO. Just watching the Wawrinka - Monfils match now and it looks like Monfils will not do much better than Grigor with all his experience and athleticism. That says a lot.

It is a very promising start from Grigor, though. He definitely belongs in the Top 100 and we'll see more of him in the ATP tournaments this year.

Great performance at the Australian Open, Grigor, and keep us happy in 2011!!

Last edited by proud bulgarian : 01-21-2011 at 10:14 AM.
proud bulgarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote