In the spotlight - Rocketassist - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #31
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the spotlight - Rocketassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Some questions for you

1) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

2) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

3) Which matches do you consider the best of this year?

4) What's your opinion about the Daviscup?

5) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

6) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

7) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

8) What are your favourite tournaments?

9) Which tournaments have you been to so far?

10) How did you discover MTF and why did you decide to join?

11) Who are your favourite retired players?

12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which would you choose?

13) Which was the most interesting tennisbiography you have read?/ Which biography would you be interested in reading?

14) Have you met an MTFer?

Well, I think that's enough

Thanks in advance for answering
1 Murray beating Nadal at the US Open, and that's my favourite matchup as well

2 My favourite coach overall is probably Peter Lundgren, cool guy.

3 I think this year's been a bit poor quality wise, but the first two sets of Murray-Nadal at the AO, Llodra-Soderling in Bercy and Djokovic-Federer in New York were probably the best.

4 I love it, and it saddens me that we don't have a team that can win it. If we did, I'd rather win it than one of our players won a GS. The Serbian celebrations did make me a little envious

5 Nadal, from tolerate to minor irritation to dislike.

6 My fave would actually be Simon Reed, despite his notoriety on MTF or making silly predictions, when he's commentating he's alright. My least fave is Mark Petchey, he's too fanboyish and not objective enough, favours certain players.

7 Grass be sped up and clay be slowed down, so that there's more of a diversion between surfaces. Would also have longer grass season.

8 Monte Carlo, Rome, Wimbledon, US Open, Stockholm, Paris-Bercy

9 Never been an actual ATP tourney though been to some exo's

10 I don't remember I think it was through searching for entry lists for tournaments, and steve g tennis was not working at the time. The rest is history.

11 Stefan Edberg, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Pat Rafter

12 Murray v Federer US Open final 2008, Sampras v Kafelnikov RG 1996 and Roddick v Nalbandian US Open 2003

13 I've read Agassi's, and would love to read one by Edberg

14 No though I'm aware one (Xavier7 I think) lives about a 20 minute bus ride from here

Thanks

Last edited by rocketassist : 12-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #32
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
4 I love it, and it saddens me that we don't have a team that can win it. If we did, I'd rather win it than one of our players won a GS. The Serbian celebrations did make me a little envious
Why do you rate DC that much that you would even prefer such a victory compared to a GS title?

Quote:
7 Grass be sped up and clay be slowed down, so that there's more of a diversion between surfaces. Would also have longer grass season.
Sounds good

Quote:
9 Never been an actual ATP tourney though been to some exo's
Hope you'll get the opportunity to go to a tournament one day

Quote:
11 Stefan Edberg, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Pat Rafter
Good choices

You should name then in the Favourite Retired Players Thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=160296

Quote:
12 Murray v Federer US Open final 2008, Sampras v Kafelnikov RG 1996 and Roddick v Nalbandian US Open 2003
No AO final 2010?

Quote:
13 I've read Agassi's, and would love to read one by Edberg
What's your opinion about the Agassi biography? I read the book as well so that's why I ask
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #33
country flag hicdick

hicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond reputehicdick has a reputation beyond repute

you're from birkenhead/wirral, so just one question:
which one you are: a woolyback or a plastic scouser?
hicdick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #34
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Did you enjoy Sam Allardyce getting the sack?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do you rate DC that much that you would even prefer such a victory compared to a GS title?
The patriotism of the participating nations, what it means to the country to represent it plus the atmospheres are very comparable to football with noisy crowds, even hostile ones. Football ultras. If they were at Wimbledon for Murray's matches it would certainly spice things up.

Quote:
No AO final 2010?
Can't be too greedy. Besides, at that USO he played the best he ever played, dealing with Wawrinka the bogeyman, Del Potro, and then beating Nadal clean, which he didn't entirely do at the AO. If he'd finished that off and beaten Roger there, it would have been more impressive than Rafa retiring and a tired Cilic.

Quote:

What's your opinion about the Agassi biography? I read the book as well so that's why I ask
It was okay, I thought his honesty was refreshing but I thought he should have been more honest when on tour, he hid a lot of dark secrets for years.

Last edited by rocketassist : 12-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #36
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicdick View Post
you're from birkenhead/wirral, so just one question:
which one you are: a woolyback or a plastic scouser?
Wallasey, so woolyback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Did you enjoy Sam Allardyce getting the sack?
Not as much as I would have in the past, he's not so annoying these days.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #37
Banned!

Default Q & A- rocketassist

You know the drill.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q & A- rocketassist

What do you think of Glasgow Rangers demotion to 4th division?

How many bans have you had in your 5½ years at MTF?

How many voluntary breaks have you had from MTF of any length, and how long was the longest?
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you?
What are you studying if anything at school?
What best describes your personality?
What are you the most satisfied with in your life and dissatisfied with?
What are your 3 best traits and 3 worst traits

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
What do you think of Glasgow Rangers demotion to 4th division?

How many bans have you had in your 5½ years at MTF?

How many voluntary breaks have you had from MTF of any length, and how long was the longest?
1 Amusing, very. There's no way that 'sevco' could have started in the SPL again. Their fans continue to whine and spit the dummy out by not taking ticket allocations in the cup against SPL teams but how could they be let back in when the oldco was breaking a whole load of financial rules?

2 Two. One for breaching a wishing death rule privately in the chat thread. Since then cause of it I've had no sympathy for anyone else caught doing it. The second was a recent 2 week ban for infractions accumulated while helping save MTF from evil forces.

3 None particularly really, though when I go on holiday somewhere I have no interest in coming on here when I have lots to do elsewhere.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #41
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
How old are you?
What are you studying if anything at school?
What best describes your personality?
What are you the most satisfied with in your life and dissatisfied with?
What are your 3 best traits and 3 worst traits
1 25
2 my student/university days are sadly behind me. I graduated with a BA Hons degree in Journalism
3 Dry witted
4 Most satisfied with is probably my social life. Most dissatisfied with I would say is my career, I wanna be a writer or work in PR and the jobs in that sector are rare and extremely competitive, and that makes it tough to find my way in so I have to settle for part time jobs at places like hypermarkets to pass the time.

5 3 best traits:
Passionate
Sense of humour
Intelligent

3 worst traits:
Naive
Stubborn
Over-thinking
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #42
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

What made you think of your user name, and have you ever changed it?

If you could decide just one sports result in 2013, any sport, what would it be? (winning a tournament counts as one result even if there's many matches)
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #43
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Which football team do you support?

What do you think of Tsonga?

What do you think of Del Po?

What do you think of Kei?

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #44
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

What are your five favorite football players??
Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #45
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
What made you think of your user name, and have you ever changed it?

If you could decide just one sports result in 2013, any sport, what would it be? (winning a tournament counts as one result even if there's many matches)
1 rocket assisted take off

2 My football team getting promoted would render absolutely any sports result imaginable invalid and obsolete. I'd swap Andy Murray's entire career to see my Rovers reach the championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
Which football team do you support?

What do you think of Tsonga?

What do you think of Del Po?

What do you think of Kei?
1 Tranmere

2 I'm a fan, since 2007 when I saw him vs Roddick at the AO when he led 7-6 5-3. Still hope he can win a GS and that Rasheed can turn around his current predicament. When he's on his game I feel he can still beat anyone despite the slower surfaces he has to cope with.

3 I don't mind him these days. There was one point where his tards were rampant in GM going on about how Murray sucks cos it's 1-0 and he's part of a real big 4 but I enjoyed his play at the Olympics against Federer. He's definitely on the way back. Muzza winning the slam title should hopefully put an end to any silly tard games, as both fanbases are happy and content.

4 A fan Hope he reaches top 10 soonish and kicks on from there. He's got the game to keep rising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
What are your five favorite football players??
I'll do a list for world renowned players and one for my actual faves:

WORLD:
1 Pavel Nedved
2 Ronaldo (Bra)
3 Eric Cantona
4 Romario
5 Juninho Pernambucano

ACTUAL:

1 Ian Goodison
2 Ian Muir
3 John Aldridge
4 John Morrissey
5 Ivano Bonetti

Those 5 are all legends from my own team.