ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #61
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2010 for juniors (1992 and younger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Just found this page, and its actually really useful, so thanks a lot. I tried doing this by myself, but would always miss a player or something.

I'm expecting Harrison to make big strides next year, mostly due to the fact he's American and will get lots of wildcards. Krajinovic could too, just has to step up his game to the point where he is a strong Challenger player every week. Tomic, I'm not too convinced with, he needs to actually get his head in the game, and play week-in week-out this year, instead of just the Australian tour and then the other Grand Slams.

Bhambri dropped a bit in my mind, he was a dominant Futures player, but never really performed in challengers, and I expect Marti to make some leaps and bounds, especially once the European Clay Court season starts, he'll be playing French Open qualies for sure.
Krajinovic is useless!! He will be 19 in 10 weeks time and so far he only just manage to keep 50% at Challenger wins.. he wasn't much better in Futures though
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #62
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
Krajinovic is useless!! He will be 19 in 10 weeks time and so far he only just manage to keep 50% at Challenger wins.. he wasn't much better in Futures though
Useless might be going a bit far, what's Bhambri's record like in challengers. And remember Grigor at the beginning of this season, he was playing in the Futures circuit because he couldn't get passed the first rounds in Challengers, then he built up a bit of confidence and started doing well in Futures. Keep in mind that Krajinovic has been deeper in an ATP draw than any of these other players, making the semi's in Belgrade, so I think you're being a bit quick to judge him.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #63

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Useless might be going a bit far, what's Bhambri's record like in challengers. And remember Grigor at the beginning of this season, he was playing in the Futures circuit because he couldn't get passed the first rounds in Challengers, then he built up a bit of confidence and started doing well in Futures. Keep in mind that Krajinovic has been deeper in an ATP draw than any of these other players, making the semi's in Belgrade, so I think you're being a bit quick to judge him.
Yeah.. great fixed tournament at home (I am from Serbia). Lets see his next ''deep ATP draw'' or,before that,ANY decent Challenger result in 2011.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #64

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah.. great fixed tournament at home (I am from Serbia). Lets see his next ''deep ATP draw'' or,before that,ANY decent Challenger result in 2011.
Well Dimitrov is the highest ranked teen around, and he didn't make his first challenger title until August of this year, so I'll give Krajinovic the same amount of time. Ricardas Berankis who's the best 1990 player, didn't win a Challenger until he was 20, and Thiemo de Bakker didn't do it until he was 21, so he still has some time.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #65

Quote:
Well Dimitrov is the highest ranked teen around, and he didn't make his first challenger title until August of this year, so I'll give Krajinovic the same amount of time. Ricardas Berankis who's the best 1990 player, didn't win a Challenger until he was 20, and Thiemo de Bakker didn't do it until he was 21, so he still has some time.
Yeah,that ''young'' players are better and better every year

Lets wait and see what will 2011 bring,I really don't expect anything from Filip and really nothing serious from any of them in ATP Tour (don't think any of them played 15 ATP matches)

Grigor needed just that Geneva title (I watched it and he celebrate like it was Masters 1000 crown) to start great Challengers run but he have talent for much more then that
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #66

Quote:

Lets wait and see what will 2011 bring,I really don't expect anything from Filip and really nothing serious from any of them in ATP Tour (don't think any of them played 15 ATP matches)

Grigor needed just that Geneva title (I watched it and he celebrate like it was Masters 1000 crown) to start great Challengers run but he have talent for much more then that
Ya, I think Berankis and Harrison will be the big movers, Harrison has a very mature game already as shown in the US Open, and plus being American he gets wildcards into the early Masters, and probably will get the Americans spot in the Australian Open too.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #67
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

I think only Tomic will be a big name. He has to much Tuzla's (balkanian self-confidence) in himself to not do a big thing. Like Djokovic has. Tomic has that spirit. They are not polite guys, they are true balkanian arrogants. And he has best results so far from juniors, he has desire and has much of talent

Last edited by petar_pan : 12-10-2010 at 06:48 AM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #68
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

di si CW, pozdrav od rukija

Unfortunately, you are right so far.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #69
country flag Springer89

Springer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond repute

ATP "Race" points for 2010:
(players from generation 1992 and younger - the year of birth is written between blankets if it's not 1992):

1. Ryan Harrison (USA) 309 points
2. Bernard Tomic (AUS) 239 points
3. Filip Krajinovic (SRB) 230 points
4. Facundo Arguello (ARG) 141 Points
5. Javier Marti (ESP) 130* points
6. Diego Sebastian Schwartzman (ARG) 92 points
7. David Souto(-Vargas) (VEN) 75 points
8. Jordan Cox (USA) 69 points
9. Denis Kudla (USA) 63 points
10. Yuki Bhambri (IND) 60 points

* Marti cannot count two points against his rankings
Springer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #70
country flag Springer89

Springer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond repute

ATP "Race" points for 2011:
(players from generation 1993 and younger - the year of birth is written between blankets if it's not 1993):

1. Silas Araújo de Cerqueira (1996) 1 point

Old 01-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #71

Default Re: ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

Aw you beat me to it, I was about to ask if anyone born 1995 or after had picked up a point yet, because I just saw that a 95 kid named Smilansky is into the third round of a Futures in Israel.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #72
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer89 View Post
ATP "Race" points for 2011:
(players from generation 1993 and younger - the year of birth is written between blankets if it's not 1993):

1. Silas Araújo de Cerqueira (1996) 1 point

Wow! He'll go onto the rankings on Mon Jan 17th, a day before he turns 15. I wonder when the last time a 14 year old was in the rankings.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #73
country flag Crow_Boy
Banned!

Crow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

That is an amazing thing for such a young player, there lots of Aus juniors at 14 that are great players but still couldnt see them getting any points until 15 or 16 all depends on the luck of the draw to.
Crow_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #74
country flag Springer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
I wonder when the last time a 14 year old was in the rankings.
In 2005 - Cheong-Eui Kim.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #75
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer89 View Post
In 2005 - Cheong-Eui Kim.
Gees you're good! Thanks! Satellite qualification and semi-finals at 14 and 5 months old is great. Shame at 20 years old now he's still only 867 in the world.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote