Endless Federer-Nadal debates - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How will it look?

Nadal more than 15 matches ahead. 83 35.93%
Nadal 13-14 matches ahead. 24 10.39%
Nadal 11-12 matches ahead. 19 8.23%
Nadal 9-10 matches ahead. 18 7.79%
Nadal 7-8 matches ahead. 19 8.23%
Nadal 5-6 matches ahead. 18 7.79%
Nadal 3-4 matches ahead. 4 1.73%
Nadal 1-2 matches ahead. 1 0.43%
Equal 4 1.73%
Federer ahead 41 17.75%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #151
country flag kyleskywalker007

kyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond reputekyleskywalker007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll: Nadals 2010 season vs Federers 2007 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc23 View Post
Nadal's is better - think about it... everyone wrote him off after getting destroyed at WTF '09 and beaten by Murray at this year's AO. No one thought he had chance chance in hell in winning a slam again never mind completing the GS set. But won against all odds to claim his first USO to complete win all 4 slams at 24 years of age. He may not have won this year's WTF to finish the year on a high but there was more pressure for Rafa to deliver whereas Roger was expected to win everything back in '07.
Don't you think that if people expected Roger to win back in ´07 that was also called pressure? A lot of it.

AO '04 '06 '07 '10
RG '09
Wimby '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '09 '12
USO '04 '05 '06 '07 '08
WTF ´03 ´04 ´06 ´07 ´10 ´11

PonyBoy '09 US Open Champion
kyleskywalker007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #152
country flag syc23

syc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleskywalker007 View Post
Don't you think that if people expected Roger to win back in ´07 that was also called pressure? A lot of it.
Yes but he didn't have to contend with a Nadal back then who had only dominated at RG. The only pressure he had was to win RG which he failed...miserably. He only won it 2 years later because Nadal was beaten on an off day by an inspired Soderling and epic chokes by Haas and Del Potro.
syc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #153
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

2007 Dubai is well known as the start of Fed's decline

he was never same invincible player after that tournie
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #154
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal's is better - think about it... everyone wrote him off after getting destroyed at WTF '09 and beaten by Murray at this year's AO. No one thought he had chance chance in hell in winning a slam again never mind completing the GS set. But won against all odds to claim his first USO to complete win all 4 slams at 24 years of age. He may not have won this year's WTF to finish the year on a high but there was more pressure for Rafa to deliver whereas Roger was expected to win everything back in '07.
Contradictory- if Roger's expected to win everything, then that's pressure, no?

Nadal has won his 3 slams in a shit year quality-wise. He was always winning RG, whilst Wimbledon and the USO were jokes and full of clownish players.

Fed walks it.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #155
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mountain View Post
LOL at the idiot who create the topic: Fed's 2007 season is far more superior to Nadal's 2010, but fed's 2004 and 2006 season are far superior to Nadal's 2010!

Why did he choose Federer 2007? scare of the 2004,2005 & 2006 comparision?
The reason is simple.

If I can open a thread and unanamously destroy Nadals best season, with Federers 3rd or 4th best season, imagine what I can do to the tards when I open up the 2006 and 2004 threads

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #156
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes but he didn't have to contend with a Nadal back then who had only dominated at RG. The only pressure he had was to win RG which he failed...miserably. He only won it 2 years later because Nadal was beaten on an off day by an inspired Soderling and epic chokes by Haas and Del Potro.
So you were the one I heard praying for Haas and Del Potro to beat Fed...

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #157
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haas and Del Po didn't choke.

FFS, Del Po had perhaps one of the best games of his season (Well bar the Uso final). Federer really went super-risky and aggressive to win those matches. I remember some crazy forehands.

You are everything that's wrong with Tennis. Federer's RG win was well-deserved he had to show SPARTAN like qualities and he did, and Soderling played well all tournament.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #158
country flag RedHotRafa
Banned!

RedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa has a reputation beyond repute

Fed
RedHotRafa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #159
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Haha you guys are crazy, certainly Nadal's 2010 is more impressive than Federer's 2007? It is much harder to win Roland Garros, Wimbledon, US OPEN, in a row than AUSTRALIA, _______, WIMBLEDON, US OPEN..... there is a reason why Federer has never won Roland Garros, WIMB, US OPEN all in a row, the changing of 3 surfaces is tough! You people are seriously taking for granted the difficulty of winning the 3 different GS surfaces in a row- i seriously doubt that Roger Federer himself would say that his 2007 season was better than Rafael's 2010- they both had generally successful seasons, similar level, in the diff years, but what puts Rafa's ahead is the fact that Roland Garros was part of his 3 in a row unlike FEDDD
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:27 AM   #160
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 Correction Those Haas wouldnt choked in that match if it hadnt been for federers choking,so yup if fed hadnt choked in that match haas wouldnt even have had a chance to choke right..So bottom line is fed controlled that match.With del po you call a choke,thats a funny one as it never was a choke..
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:40 AM   #161
country flag a_boy

a_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond repute

The statistics say Federer, and being little more than a statistic myself, I say Federer also.
a_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #162
country flag LinkMage

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
2007 Dubai is well known as the start of Fed's decline

he was never same invincible player after that tournie

Yup, it was Sampras's fault after that meeting before Indian Wells 2007.

He then lost twice to that Argie doper.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #163
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer was a couple of points away from winning 3 slams in a row in 2009, and had he, it still wouldn't have been better than his 2007.

For fuck sakes, I dont even remember much talk about the 3 slams in a row at that time. Cause it was Federer no one really gave a shit.

But because its Nadal it's such a huge deal.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 AM   #164
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Back then nadull was a pure[B] moonballer [/b]not sure what he could have done outside RG but then you never know.
As for the question 2007 was better REAL competition. Not bend over berdych & a bunch of old tired players.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #165
country flag 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Back then nadull was a pure[B] moonballer [/b]not sure what he could have done outside RG but then you never know.
As for the question 2007 was better REAL competition. Not bend over berdych & a bunch of old tired players.
Ben dover Bird Bitch