In the spotlight - Rocketassist - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the spotlight - Rocketassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
How did Stepanek top your list over Murray?
Describe Arshavin in a sentence.
How far will England go in South Africa?
1 Normally my fave list fluctuates but the same four guys- Steps, Gulbis, Isner, Murray, just tends to vary and Steps was the one I had at the top at the time, he's pure entertainment.

2 For yesterday he is a legenda.

3 Semi finalists, think Brazil or Spain's flair might just undo us, or if it goes to penalties they won't miss them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
Favorite brew?
Beer wise Fosters easily. Don't mind Kronenbourg or Miller Lite either. Usually after a few I move on to spirits though, I love cherry sourz mixed with lemonade.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strunz View Post
1- Do you think clay court tennis is inferior to others?

2- Do you think S&V will come back?
1 No, it is unique and diverse, or it used to be, that's what disappoints me about clay now is that most guys play hardcourt tennis on it, the days of Guga playing Corretja are days I miss, though grass tennis is the same, no serve-volleyers or grass court players making the deep end at Wimbledon.

2 Maybe, but the courts are homogenized and the passing shot standard is great nowadays, though that's all I would say is better about the current crop of players compared to the 90s stars. That said the quality of volleying is a lot worse now except for Stepanek, but his forehand breaks down too much and is mentally frail at times and that stops him from going any higher than he can.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
1 No, it is unique and diverse, or it used to be, that's what disappoints me about clay now is that most guys play hardcourt tennis on it, the days of Guga playing Corretja are days I miss, though grass tennis is the same, no serve-volleyers or grass court players making the deep end at Wimbledon.

2 Maybe, but the courts are homogenized and the passing shot standard is great nowadays, though that's all I would say is better about the current crop of players compared to the 90s stars. That said the quality of volleying is a lot worse now except for Stepanek, but his forehand breaks down too much and is mentally frail at times and that stops him from going any higher than he can.
If you were a girl I'd marry you.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #19
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strunz View Post
If you were a girl I'd marry you.
Thought you were gay
Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #20
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

1. Do you think the ATP season is too long?

2. Do people think you are Scouser even if you are not from Liverpool?

3. Is Stevie G the most overrated player in the Prem League? If not, then who is it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
1. Do you think the ATP season is too long?

2. Do people think you are Scouser even if you are not from Liverpool?

3. Is Stevie G the most overrated player in the Prem League? If not, then who is it.
1. Yes, a little. Reduce it by a few weeks. Too much hardcourt tournaments, which cause the most wear and tear on the body. IW/Miami would not be there if I ran the ATP.

2. Not really as my accent sounds more Chester-like than Liverpool-like, despite the fact I am closer by the crow flies to Liverpool. Sometimes people will make the odd joke comment but that is all it is.

3 Up there, but there's a few, for example, Dimitar Berbatov, Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, all were paid way over the odds for.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

How can you be such a nostalgiatard being only 21?
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Far from it, just because he doesn't forget tennis existed before 2005 does not make him like this.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #24
Banned!

Quote:
I'm 22

I first watched a tennis match in 95, and didn't follow the sport hugely but watched Wimbledon and the big tournaments. I only became hardcore around 2000.

I just preferred surfaces when they were different and styles were different and it took different challenges to win the different slams, like even in 2001, Guga/Costa/Corretja going deep in RG, Henman, Sampras, Ivanisevic, Federer at Wimbledon, and Hewitt, Safin, Roddick and Agassi at the hardcourt slams.

When guys like Djokovic and Nadal are blowing people over on Wimbledon Centre Court to make the semis and the final there's something wrong, imho.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #25
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Far from it, just because he doesn't forget tennis existed before 2005 does not make him like this.
Come on, according to him only the 90's were worth shit and the guy was barely a kid back then... I had to point it out
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

1. If you had a chance to live in another country where would it be?

2. What is the worst place you have been to?

3. Is Steve Smith the former English high jumper a cool guy?

4. What tournaments would you like to go to, but haven't as of yet?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #27
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Come on, according to him only the 90's were worth shit and the guy was barely a kid back then... I had to point it out
Far from it. Anyone who watched tennis before that and appreciated it for what it was then is accused of being like that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #28
♥ eve ♥

Quote:
Far from it. Anyone who watched tennis before that and appreciated it for what it was then is accused of being like that.
Haha it's not about that, it's about the "t'was definitely better in the old days" refrain that some like to chant around, Rocketassist being one of them (but a good one and he knows I'm merely teasing here )
Old 12-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #29
Banned!

Quote:
1. If you had a chance to live in another country where would it be?

2. What is the worst place you have been to?

3. Is Steve Smith the former English high jumper a cool guy?

4. What tournaments would you like to go to, but haven't as of yet?
1 Brazil- hot women, amazing accents, Copacabana, football mad.

2 Oldham, Leeds, Birmingham city centre, north London, all shitholes full of tramps and smackheads.

3 Yes he was, he did as well as he could in the big events, hard worker.

4 Estoril, Miami, US Open (though Miami shouldn't be where it is on the calendar)
Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #30
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Some questions for you

1) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

2) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

3) Which matches do you consider the best of this year?

4) What's your opinion about the Daviscup?

5) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

6) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

7) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

8) What are your favourite tournaments?

9) Which tournaments have you been to so far?

10) How did you discover MTF and why did you decide to join?

11) Who are your favourite retired players?

12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which would you choose?

13) Which was the most interesting tennisbiography you have read?/ Which biography would you be interested in reading?

14) Have you met an MTFer?

Well, I think that's enough

Thanks in advance for answering
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote