Robin SoderKing's 2011 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Robin SoderKing's 2011

New Year,New Thread.....record the matches in 2011.....come on,Robin.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++
the schedule of Robin in 2011 (from the offical website)

Robins coming tournaments(Updating...)

Abu Dhabi (exhibition)

Brisbane 250

Melbourne GS
======================points to defend 10 points

Rotterdam 500 defending champion 500

Marseille 250 45 points

Davis Cup (Borĺs, Sweden)

Indian Wells 1000 QF 360 points

Miami 1000 QF 360 points

Barcelona 500 Runner-up 300 points

Estoril 250

Madrid 1000

Rome 1000 90 points

Roland Garros GS Runner-up 1200 points

Wimbleton GS 360 points

SkiStar Swedish Open

Rogers Cup

Western & Southern Open

U.S. Open

================================================== =============================
results:

In Abu Dhabi,he had two victories,2:1 Tsonga and 2:0 Berdych,respectively. But in SemiFinal,he lost to Roger Federer in 3 sets.

Finally,he got the third place in this exhibition match.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
the first tournament in 2011——Brisbane 250
1st round vs Ryan Harrison 6:2 6:4
2nd round vs Micheal Berrer 6:3 7:6(7)
QF vs Matthew Ebden 6:3 6:2
SF vs Radek Stepanek 6:3 7:5
F vs Andy Roddick 6:3 7:5

robin won this title without losing any sets,althouth lost only one of his service in SF..
it is a terrific start for 2011!

After this tournament,robin become the 4th seed in Australian Open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.The Australian Open:
the a very successful opening in Brisbane,robin went to Melbourne for the first GS in 2011.
First Round Potito Starace 6-4, 6-2, 6-2
Second Round Gilles Muller 6-3, 7-6 (7-1), 6-1
Third Round Jan Hernych 6-3, 6-1, 6-4
Fourth Round Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-1, 3-6, 1-6, 6-4, 2-6

although losing is very disappointing,robin got his best result in AO.
the next tournament will be in Rotterdam.Robin is the defending champion.
Let us keep our fingers crossed for him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a wonderful year!

3.The 2nd trophy in 2011.Defend the championship for the first time!

First Round Robin Haase W 6-3, 6-2
Second Round Philipp Kohlschreiber W 6-3, 5-7, 7-6 (9-7)
Semifinals Viktor Troicki W 7-5, 6-4
Quarterfinals Mikhail Youzhny (6) W 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
Final Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (8) W 6-3, 3-6, 6-3

Great tournament for Robin.We all very happy to see his improvements,especially the net play.

Robin is still the World No.4 after this tournament.
Next station is Marseille 13 Open(ATP 250)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.Marseille 13 Open(ATP 250)

Second Round Nicolas Mahut W 7-6 (10-8), 7-6 (7-5)
Semifinals Dmitry Tursunov W 7-5, 6-1
Quarterfinals Michael Llodra (8) W 6-1, 6-4
Final Marin Cilic W 6-7 (8-10), 6-3, 6-3

the 3rd title in 2011,the 9th in career and the match record in 2011 is 17-1.so amazing!!BTW:robin lost the fisrt tie-break in 2011 to Marin Cilic in the first set of fanal game with 8-10.

i think for all of us,this championship is unplanned,because robin had got another one in Rotterdam and Marseille is the back-to-back tournament.

we have no necessary to say some other words.All work had paid!2011 must be an unforgetable year for Robin and us.

next match is the Davis Cup,SWE vs RUS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.fight for the country:

Robin won the match against Igor Andreev as the top seed of SWE and got the first point for his team with 6-3 6-3 6-1.

The swedish team won the match against RUS with 3:2 and go into QF in Davis Cup,they will face the defending champion,SRB,next round,Luckily,the match will play in Sweden.

Now,Robin is on his way to Indian Wells....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.Tournament in America——Indian Wells

Second Round Michael Berrer W 6-3, 7-6 (7-4)
Third Round Philipp Kohlschreiber (32) L 6-7 (8-10), 4-6

the second lose in 2011.Robin was not in his good condition.
He got a fever before the first match against M.Berrer and had some problems on his left foot(not sure) on the second match.

Next tournament will be Miami.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.BACK TO NO.5——Miami

Second Round Ivan Dodig W 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
Third Round Juan Martin Del Potro L 3-6, 2-6

After a short rest before another tournament in California,robin played the Sony Ericsson Open.
In first round,he defeated I.Dodig in a close game and then lost to Del Potro in R2.

Robin's sever is not very good in this tournament.a lot of 2nd serves made the match very tough to play.

Now he can have a long rest and make some changes for the clay season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8.the first tournament for Clay Season-- Open Banco Sabadell(Barcelona):

Second Round Ivan Dodig L 2-6, 4-6

Not a good start for the clay season.No aces in the whole match(haven't seen the match video)
Next station is Estoril.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9.2nd tournament of Clay——Estoril Open:

Second Round Jeremy Chardy W 6-1, 6-7 (4-7), 6-1
Quarterfinals Juan Martin Del Potro (8) L 4-6, 5-7

things are getting better, although he lost to Potro in straight sets..

Next tournament is Madrid.(ATP-1000)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.3rd tournament of Clay--- Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open (5)

Second Round Santiago Giraldo W 6-3, 6-3
Third Round Jo-Wilfried Tsonga W 7-6 (10-8), 7-5
Quarterfinals Roger Federer (3) L 6-7 (2-7), 4-6

It looks everything goes better...See you in Roma(Robin will cooperate with new coach,Fredrik Rosengren)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11.Is He Ok?------Internazionali BNL d'Italia (5)

Second Round Fernando Verdasco W 2-6, 7-5, 6-4
Third Round Nicolas Almagro (9) W 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
Quarterfinals Novak Djokovic (2) L 3-6, 0-6

After two very tough matches,Robin lost to N.Djokovic with a incommensurable score.
Will he change his schedule for the French Open and have a good rest?
Will he withdraw the World Team Cup?
Was the medical timeout just a unsuccessful strategy?
We can do nothing for him but wait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12.GS———French Open

First Round Ryan Harrison W 6-1, 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 7-5
Second Round Albert Ramos-Vinolas W 6-3, 6-4, 6-4
Third Round Leonardo Mayer W 6-1, 6-4, 6-3
Fourth Round Gilles Simon (18) W 6-2, 6-3, 7-6 (7-5)
Quarterfinals Rafael Nadal (1) L 4-6, 1-6, 6-7 (3-7)

……………………………………
13.Wimbledon
First Round Philipp Petzschner W 6-4, 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (7-5)
Second Round Lleyton Hewitt W 6-7 (5-7), 3-6, 7-5, 6-4, 6-4
Third Round Bernard Tomic L 1-6, 4-6, 5-7

Three tough matches...and lost to Tomic in the end..
…………………………………………………………………………
14.The forth title in 2011——bastad

Second Round Diego Junqueira W 6-0, 6-1
Quarterfinals Potito Starace (8) W 6-3, 6-4
Semifinals Tomas Berdych (3) W 6-1, 6-0
Final David Ferrer (2) W 6-2, 6-2

the first bagel in 2011...Great matches...

Last edited by sunzhewyq : 07-17-2011 at 05:25 PM.
sunzhewyq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin SoderKing‘s 2011

no Monte Carlos???
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh View Post
no Monte Carlos???
yep,i didn‘t find Monte Carlos on the schedule....the same as 2010....
Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said in the other thread. Two weeks off after Miami, no Monte Carlo, but after that 4 weeks of playing in a row. I would have played Monte Carlo and skipped Estoril.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
country flag minh

minh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond reputeminh has a reputation beyond repute

Estoril may not be a proper choice,it's just ATP250. I think he should have a week off instead to focus on the higher tournaments.
minh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
country flag Flavio_Sverige

Flavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond reputeFlavio_Sverige has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Estoril may not be a proper choice,it's just ATP250. I think he should have a week off instead to focus on the higher tournaments.
Yeah he should play Monte Carlo is stand of Estoril.
Flavio_Sverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I think he should leave Estoril for Montanes

But seriously, he should focus on the bigger tournaments, maybe he can win another one. Maybe even a slam if he's lucky.

Robin

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
country flag sunzhewyq

Actually,i think there is an advantage for robin taking part in Estoril...estoril is a lower tournament,not all of the first-class players will join in...it can be easy to have a good result(maybe get this title..) which can give him enough courages to keep on fighting...
Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
Actually,i think there is an advantage for robin taking part in Estoril...estoril is a lower tournament,not all of the first-class players will join in...it can be easy to have a good result(maybe get this title..) which can give him enough courages to keep on fighting...
Good point, but I don't want him to get tired in the bigger tournaments.
He needs to be fresh if he's going to win a big title.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Abu Dhabi

The draw (World ranking in parenthesis):

December 30

3.00 pm - Marcos Baghdatis (20) vs Tomas Berdych (6)

5.00 pm - Robin Soderling (5) vs Jo-Wilfred Tsonga (13)

December 31

3.00 pm- Roger Federer (2) vs (Winner of Soderling-Tsonga tie)

5.00 pm- Rafael Nadal (1) vs (Winner of Baghdatis vs Berdych tie)

January 1, 2011

3.00 pm - Third place match

5.00 pm Final
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #11
country flag starluk

starluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea why Robin is so fond of Abu Dhabi,just for money?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #12
country flag sunzhewyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by starluk View Post
I have no idea why Robin is so fond of Abu Dhabi,just for money?
maybe,just for facing Roger Federer again,again and again.......btw,he won the match against RF for the first time 2010,so he perhaps just comes for luck..
Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #13
country flag sunzhewyq

In Abu Dhabi,he had two victories,2:1 Tsonga and 2:0 Berdych,respectively. But in SemiFinal,he lost to Roger Federer in 3 sets.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
country flag cristalmeister

cristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond reputecristalmeister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post

Rly good result imo!
Now lets root for robin in brisbane :heart:

Gael Monfils, Robin Söderling, Florian Mayer, Ernests Gulbis, Elias Ymer, Richard Gasquet, Roger Federer

(in order of penis size)
cristalmeister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #15
country flag sunzhewyq

the first tournament in 2011——Brisbane 250
1st round vs Ryan Harrison 6:2 6:4
2nd round vs Micheal Berrer 6:3 7:6(7)
QF vs Matthew Ebden 6:3 6:2
SF vs Radek Stepanek 6:3 7:5
F vs Andy Roddick 6:3 7:5

robin won this title without losing any sets,althouth lost only one of his service in SF..
it is a terrific start for 2011!

After this tournament,robin become the 4th seed in Australian Open.