MTF Admins/Moderators? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #31

Default Re: MTF Admins/Moderators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian
:sigh: Lately I've gone into threads only to see a bunch of people I like on the board all arguing with each other, and this one's no different. I really should just keep my nose in GM and the Robredo forum (which is my usual modus operandi) where it belongs.

Ah well. I'll change my username to "Switzerland" or something while you guys have at it.
It is sad, but if there is one thing we do well at MTF it is argue Especially when things aren't going well on the Forum itself whether due to posters' actions or technical problems things do tend to heat up around here Just try not to get upset about it because things normally settle down

Last edited by 16681 : 09-17-2006 at 04:52 AM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #32
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

It's cyclical. MTF goes through periods where it's doing really well, the posts and people are great, and then, usually right after a big tournament, it goes to crap for a while. People become bored or sad with no tennis to watch and don't know what to do with themselves other than troll and pick a fight.

Not only that, but I've noticed that MTF picks up a lot of new users during the summer months so add the newbie factor to the tennis ennui and you get a bumbustible combo.

Anyway, after seeing what happened between Escude and bad_gambler, people who are considering being a moderator should consider it some more.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-17-2006 at 12:28 AM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:05 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
It's cyclical. MTF goes through periods where it's doing really well, the posts and people are great, and then, usually right after a big tournament, it goes to crap for a while. People become bored or sad with no tennis to watch and don't know what to do with themselves other than troll and pick a fight.

Not only that, but I've noticed that MTF picks up a lot of new users during the summer months so add the newbie factor to the tennis ennui and you get a bumbustible combo.

Anyway, after seeing what happened between Escude and bad_gambler, people who are considering being a moderator should consider it some more.
tangerine_dream I love your term "bumbustible combo" And I do think you have made some very good points about MTF. However, I somehow missed what happened between Escude and bad_gambler. And I'm probably just as well off to have missed it And for some reason I'm thinking of an old song called, Why Can't We Be Friends?
Old 09-17-2006, 11:21 PM   #34

Correction. I now know what happened between Ecsude and bad_gambler. And I think a lot of what was said should have been said a long time ago even back before the time bad_gambler actually became a Super Moderator. The lesson here is watch who you give any power to because with some people a little power goes a long way beyond where it should go!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #35
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

This forum def. tolerates *far* worse behavior than I've seen on many others. I don't know if this is supposed to be an adult site or not, but there's a lot of bad/abusive language on here, and that's to say nothing of the pointless threads and general bickering that goes on. For the amount of volume this forum gets on a daily basis, there need to be a lot more moderators making sure things don't get out of hand.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #36
bad gambler

Steve made it pretty clear there will be more mods on the site.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:47 AM   #37
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Correction. I now know what happened between Ecsude and bad_gambler. And I think a lot of what was said should have been said a long time ago even back before the time bad_gambler actually became a Super Moderator. The lesson here is watch who you give any power to because with some people a little power goes a long way beyond where it should go!

Thanks for the vote of confidence
Old 09-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Thanks for the vote of confidence
I was trying to be nice to a Moderator
Old 09-22-2006, 04:24 AM   #39
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

suggestion for Steve, supermods, whoever...

maybe after the site relaunches and things get settled, the way the moderating works could be explained? I know I get a lot of questions about like what I can do as a player forum mod (mostly from posters in player forums that are trying to choose a moderator or whether to get a moderator for their own forum, this has happened to me at least 3 times), also things like reporting posts. I think people report posts and don't know who will read them depending on the forum they were reported from, etc.

I dunno, just a thought so that everyone knows what's going on and the right people to go to, etc

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #40
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

Good suggestion and will do
Steve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #41
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what controls/tools does a player forum moderator have for the forums he is a mod?
Close threads, move threads (only among forums he is mod), stick threads, edit threads/posts, delete threads/posts, merge threads, split threads, unstick threads, remove redirects.

Who gets to read the reported posts?
All admins, all super moderators and forum or player forum mods who are additionally responsable for this subforum.

I hope I didn't forget something, but this should do it as a short explanation for now.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #42

Thanks Neely
Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #43
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw that Chris (scoobs) is a MTF Admin now. (Congrats by the way )

But shouldn't this be something which should be mentioned?
I know it from other forums that they make it public when they have a new moderator or administrator.

I also think that it would be nice to have a quick view about the moderators on MTF.

Wouldn't it be possible to name them in a list in the same row as you can see the FAQ, Members, New Posts? It would be a much easier overview about the moderators as we have now.

Just my 2 cents
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #44
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I just saw that Chris (scoobs) is a MTF Admin now. (Congrats by the way )

But shouldn't this be something which should be mentioned?
I know it from other forums that they make it public when they have a new moderator or administrator.

I also think that it would be nice to have a quick view about the moderators on MTF.

Wouldn't it be possible to name them in a list in the same row as you can see the FAQ, Members, New Posts? It would be a much easier overview about the moderators as we have now.

Just my 2 cents
Have "they" ever made announcements here anyway? Hell I don't even know who does what here anymore
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #45
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Doris

Sue, that's one of the things we're going to look to sort out in the off-season, get all that clear as to who mods what and where, and so on. So hopefully soon that will all be at least a bit clearer.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote