Poor poor Asia - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Poor poor Asia

still no space on the front page to include a quick link to Asia player forum like all the others got one?
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 03:15 AM   #2
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor poor Asia

I always figured this omission was a way to distance from the inconsistency of grouping by continent as opposed to country. And then I realized that South America is listed.

Great idea to ask I too think it would be fabulous if an Asia link were added. Feeling left out, regardless of the context, is generally not good.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

We've noticed it before and were told by the techs that there's no more space to add the Asian forum, which is the newest or one of the newest added. I'll ask them if after the last upgrades if it's possible now. Some threads that should be in Asian forum are still in "rest of the world" too I don't know if the habitués of these threads will like them moved to Asian forum since there's not a quick reach.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

I will find out if there is an easy way to fix this.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for looking into this. It is much appreciated!
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
country flag garfunkel3008
Banned!

garfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond repute

umm...is it because of Asia's relative modest achievements?
garfunkel3008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

bump
still not fixed
Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
bump
still not fixed
I had a hard time getting Italy put in. And then when people were talking about Asia they were told there was no room. And apparently that has been the case ever since It looks to me like Asia could be fit in, but just not the whole title of the actually Asian Forum. But apparently since people have just asked for "Asia" to be put in I don't guess there is room even for that
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
Ivanatis

Is it because of limitation of characters? Well, one could remove the "fan forums" and the "..." from "More..." and there would be easily enough space then. And yes "Asia" would be fine. It's all about simply having a quick link and not going to the player subforum and then even having to search for the right one afterwards.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Is it because of limitation of characters? Well, one could remove the "fan forums" and the "..." from "More..." and there would be easily enough space then. And yes "Asia" would be fine. It's all about simply having a quick link and not going to the player subforum and then even having to search for the right one afterwards.
I don't know if it is a limitation of characters or not? It was never explained to me other than just to say there was no room As I said it looks like to me it could fit in, but I know nothing about the interworking of MTF. And that is what we would have to know.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:25 AM   #11
Ivanatis

yup once again it's a nice nittle cocktail of arrogance mixed with ignorance, plus the only admin/mod who deals with technical issues looks in here like once a week

if at least sth. was happening, it would be fine, but how dare I ask with not even all the database error stuff fixed after years
Old 11-13-2010, 05:01 AM   #12

Quote:
yup once again it's a nice nittle cocktail of arrogance mixed with ignorance, plus the only admin/mod who deals with technical issues looks in here like once a week

if at least sth. was happening, it would be fine, but how dare I ask with not even all the database error stuff fixed after years
Well I think the "database error stuff" just means that there is too much on this Forum for the server to properly handle. There is a lot of waste on this Forum--player forums that are never used (and I'm not talking about players who are sick or injuried) and instead of closing/removing forums more just keep getting added.
And I know all the Mods don't receive full information about the working of MTF because when I have asked questions I'm been told they don't know the answers. So obviously they aren't all that much more informed than the posters here are! Which is a bad situation, but it isn't the Mods' fault that they aren't being given the informaiton.

And yet on a Forum this size there is no room for the word "Asia". It would almost be funny, if it weren't so sad!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
Ivanatis

yup that's exactly how it is, it's clearly a communication issue and it looks like 99% of it is nothing the mods here cant be blamed for, the administration from verticalscope seems really a complete joke sending one single fella here once a week who obviously doesn't have anything at all to do with tennis in an eternal struggle to push the most recent tournament forums on the front page
one would think that the money they get from subscriptions floats right into improvements and most of all into server size which would solve the main issue of this forum, the functionality, but the database stuff you can almost bet on after every exciting GS semi or final (and not only then) is obviously telling us differently; really glad I'd never paid into it although I've considered once or twice, by now we'd surely be beyond the point where I would demand my money back
oh well.. I hope they're getting the Asia thingey fixed soon at least, it's really no biggy
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #14

Unhappy Re: Poor poor Asia

Quote:
yup that's exactly how it is, it's clearly a communication issue and it looks like 99% of it is nothing the mods here cant be blamed for, the administration from verticalscope seems really a complete joke sending one single fella here once a week who obviously doesn't have anything at all to do with tennis in an eternal struggle to push the most recent tournament forums on the front page
one would think that the money they get from subscriptions floats right into improvements and most of all into server size which would solve the main issue of this forum, the functionality, but the database stuff you can almost bet on after every exciting GS semi or final (and not only then) is obviously telling us differently; really glad I'd never paid into it although I've considered once or twice, by now we'd surely be beyond the point where I would demand my money back
oh well.. I hope they're getting the Asia thingey fixed soon at least, it's really no biggy
And what you just said is a big reason why more people won't pay to join. Who wants to pay for something that does't work properly? I mistakenly believed when I did become a paying member that it would help the Forum to work better--more money to use to get better service. I guess that lets people know how stupid I am because my money didn't make a bit of difference in the Forum at all Unless you want to count the fact that I
got the name "Italy" included

EDIT: After I posted this I tried to go to another section of the Forums and what did I get? That's right--DataBase Error after DataBase Error--I thought I was never going to be able to get back in and the Forum isn't even that busy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again it would be funny, if it weren't so sad

Last edited by 16681 : 11-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I have sorted this - Asia now has a quick link
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote