Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #46
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season

Ginepri is out for the rest of 2010 (broken arm)
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
Ginepri is out for the rest of 2010 (broken arm)
Thanks for letting us know about that But I can't believe how Robby has such bad luck If he doesn't watch it he will be right up there with Tommy Haas in the luck department--which is one department no one should want to be in Good Luck to David in Vietnam. I'm not expecting much from Tommy with this being the first time he has played since his hip surgery.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #48

Well I got all the information I needed in Tommy's Forum so thanks. But I'm still in shock over Robby's lack of luck

Last edited by 16681 : 10-15-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #49
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Robby just can't catch a break with the breaks (bad pun, I know). Just a lot of injuries and a lack of confidence in general have really damaged his career the last few years. The squirrel story is about as freakish and unlucky as it gets. He's back in the position he was in, in 2009. He's going to be out of the top 100 and will need to work his way back into the ATP level by qualifying, getting WCs, and playing challengers.

Hopefully next season will be the beginning of a resurgence in the career of Ginepri.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #50
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

A broken arm. Great. At least it was his left... recovery shouldn't be nearly as difficult.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #51
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

Robby! I just found out what happened to him when I was looking for his next appearance, and Robby's website posted this:

"On Friday, September 24th, Robby underwent a successful surgery on his left arm that was broken due to a biking accident he had earlier in the week. Robby will now forced to be sidelined the remainder of the fall and 2010 ATP World Tour schedule he planned to play, but his anticipated recovery time for his left arm will allow him to get back into training for the Australian Open and summer schedule down under in the beginning of 2011. To get the latest updates on Robby and how his recovery is coming along, check back soon."

I agree that at least it is his left arm and not his right, so I pray for a speedy recovery. And I really hope Robby takes the bad things in life and tries to make the best of it and live out the rest of his career with a sense of optimism, positivity, and growth. With unfortunate circumstances like this, you have the potential to really come back stronger than ever, but it'll take hard work, dedication, and a love for the sport, along with support from others to really do this, and I hope he looks forward to fighting back! Get well soon, Robby!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
Robby just can't catch a break with the breaks (bad pun, I know). Just a lot of injuries and a lack of confidence in general have really damaged his career the last few years. The squirrel story is about as freakish and unlucky as it gets. He's back in the position he was in, in 2009. He's going to be out of the top 100 and will need to work his way back into the ATP level by qualifying, getting WCs, and playing challengers.

Hopefully next season will be the beginning of a resurgence in the career of Ginepri.
Was it a squirrel that caused the accident????????? I hadn't heard anything other than The Tennis Channel scrolled on the bottom of their picture that Robby had broken his arm in a biking accident. They didn't even say which arm it was! I was at least glad to hear if it had to happen it was his left arm. Gee if a squirrel caused that accident Robby may well already be in the Tommy Haas luck department Some years ago Tommy was at Wimbledon and I can't remember if he was warming up for a Match or just practicing (I think it was a practice sessison?) but somehow a tennis ball was just laying on the court and Tommy stepped on it and torn up his ankle
Old 10-06-2010, 03:11 AM   #53
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently he swerved to miss a squirrel when he was on his bike, yes. really unlucky.

haas stepped on the ball in a warmup. i remember b/c i had never seen a player retire before the first point even started before

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #54

According to Robby website which was last updated 10/13/2010. He is in rehab after elbow surgery!!!!!!!!! I just heard broken arm so I wasn't thinking about the elbow! He is trying to be ready to come back at the start of 2011. Robby is also 28 now as of last month. Sadly I think time is slipping away from Robby when it comes to his tennis career