Chengdu Open 2010, An ATP Champions Tour - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chengdu Open 2010, An ATP Champions Tour

Chengdu Open 2010 � An ATP Champions Tour
Time:2010/10/21-2010/10/24
Venue: Sichuan International Tennis Centre

Player Groups

GROUP A
Pete Sampras (USA)
Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
Guy Forget (FRA)
Pat Cash (AUS)

GROUP B
Pat Rafter (AUS)
Thomas Enqvist (SWE)
Michael Stich (GER)
Yevgeny Kafelnikov (RUS)

Chengdu Open 2010 � An ATP Champions Tour
Match Schedule

October 21, 2010 (Thursday)
Start at 4:00 pm Group B : Enqvist vs Kafelnikov
Start not before 5:30 pm Group A : Forget vs Srichaphan
Start not before 7:00 pm Group B : Rafter vs Stich
Start not before 8:30 pm Group A : Sampras vs Cash

October 22, 2010 (Friday)
Start at 4:00 pm Group B : Enqvist vs Stich
Start not before 5:30 pm Group A : Cash vs Srichaphan
Start not before 7:00 pm Group B : Rafter vs Kafelnikov
Start not before 8:30 pm Group A : Sampras vs Forget

October 23, 2010 (Saturday)

Start at 4:00 pm Group B : Stich vs Kafelnikov
Start not before 5:30 pm Group A : Sampras vs Srichaphan
Start not before 7:00 pm Group B : Rafter vs Enqvist
Start not before 8:30 pm Group A : Forget vs Cash

October 24, 2010 (Sunday)
Start at 12:30 pm Group A 2nd vs Group B 2nd
Start not before 2:00 pm Group A 1st vs Group B 1st

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chengdu Open 2010, An ATP Champions Tour

Good news, will we get to see any of these matches? any channel telecasting these matches?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #3

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Pete Sampras in Chengdu (October 21-24, 2010)

October 21: Sampras def. Pat Cash 6-3, 6-1
October 22: Sampras def. Guy Forget 7-6(9), 6-3
October 23: Sampras def. Srichaphan 6-2, 6-3
October 24: Rusedski def. Sampras 6-4, 6-2

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Old 10-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #4

2010 Chengdu Open - Sampras Defeats Pat Cash 6-3, 6-1

The headline match featured fourteen-time Grand Slam champion Pete Sampras (USA) in his China debut versus Chengdu fan-favorite Pat Cash (AUS), the 1987 Wimbledon Champion who regaled fans at last year's inaugural Chengdu Open with his animated play. Sampras reigned supreme, defeating Cash 6-3, 6-1 with his trademark clean-struck heavy ground strokes and legendary serve. Sampras had triple-break point at 1-1, but Cash rallied to win four straight points and hold serve. At 3-3, Sampras whipped a forehand passing shot up the line to get the break. His play struck a chord with the enthusiastic fans, who hooted as he unleashed a vintage Air-Sampras overhead smash. The match epitomized the nostalgic beauty of the ATP Champions Tour, with the level and style of play leaving fans aching for eras past.

Throughout the match, Sampras uncoiled his backhand and unfolded his forehand with the grace of a bird spreading its wings. Sampras broke early and repeatedly in the second set, though he noted after the match that conditions were tricky. "I didn't realize there was altitude here, and Pat still possesses a good serve and volley game, mixes up his serve and is tough to break. Once I settled into the match and started feeling my range a little bit, it went pretty smoothly, but Pat is still a very good athlete."

Old 10-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #5

Sampras defeats Forget 7-6(9), 6-3 to Lead Chengdu Round Robin Group

CHENGDU, China. October 22, 2010 � "Pistol Pete" brought his ammunition on Day Two of the Chengdu Open, defeating Frenchman Guy Forget 7-6(9), 6-3, and treating fans to the close contest they craved. Punctuating points with winners, the players served their way into a tiebreaker, in which they traded six aces and five service winners. Sampras chipped a short backhand return at 10-9, luring Forget up to net before unhooking a sharply-angled backhand passing shot to capture the first set. Sampras' game really started clicking in the second set as he carved volleys and cranked ground strokes into both the corners.

"I thought we both played pretty well," Sampras said after the match. "Guy has always given me problems. He's beaten me a number of times; the lefty serve is very tough to play, especially a little bit at altitude, the ball kicks up very high to my backhand. And Guy, you can tell he's been playing, he looks very fit. The first set could have gone either way. I had some chances, I had some break points there -- didn't convert-- and then, when you get into a tiebreaker anything can happen. He played a great game to break me back in the second set. It was good tennis. I was happy with the way I played, but to play Guy is very tough. Never really felt comfortable out there."

Sampras may not have felt comfortable, but his game looked great. The shot-making from both sides left the fans wanting for instant replay.

On the final day of round robin play, Sampras will face young-gun Paradorn Srichaphan (THA), who picked up his first win in Chengdu by defeating Pat Cash (AUS) 6-4, 5-7, 10-5 (Champions Tiebreak).

Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #6

CHENGDU, China. October 23, 2010 - Pete Sampras (USA) and Greg Rusedski (GBR) plowed through their respective round robin groups without dropping a set, securing their places in the Chengdu Open Final on October 24.

Sampras boasted a double victory, finally beating his jet lag and then easily eliminating Paradorn Srichaphan (THA) 6-2, 6-3. Sampras was at his freshest since arriving in Chengdu on the 20th. "Today I actually felt more coherent, like I was actually here," he said. "I just felt better movement-wise. I was finding my range a little bit better, I really hit the ball well from all sides of the court. I served pretty well. I just felt physically better. I just finally got the jet lag under control...in time to go back tomorrow," he laughed.

Hitting his shots with conviction, Sampras also projected confidence after the match. "I'm ready and prepared," he said. "I feel like I played pretty well today. Certainly Greg has got a big game, big lefty serve on this court. He'll be tough to beat. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it."

Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #7

And some photos from this event
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (166.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (183.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (60.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (117.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (152.9 KB, 2 views)