We need a change, a new system - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We need a change, a new system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I think the state of GM is pretty terrible really: just look at the mess that was the US Open final results thread - pages and pages of nothing but personal attacks, and it was left to run for days; hundreds of threads of Nadal vs Federer, full of much of the same thing.
GM has been awful since I started coming here like 7 years ago. For whatever reason, a lot of people here seem to think that because they are on the internet and just typing on a screen instead of saying something to someone's face that that gives them the liberty to say the things they say. Several mods, myself included, almost never go to GM because it's so horrendous. I have enough crap in my real life, don't need to come online and see even more negativity
Quote:
I guess at this point the mods just expect forum users to attack each other (tell each other to fuck off etc.).
Well that's what most threads seem to be in GM, no? Either attacking other people here or attacking players. Very little actual valuable discussion. I've been on other very big message boards where this kind of thing does not happen. MTF is speshul

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #17
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess at this point the mods just expect forum users to attack each other (tell each other to fuck off etc.).
expect it? they condone, support, and encourage it!
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #18
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

The poor mods are never going to please everyone. If they try to enforce the rules they are criticized for being too strict, and if they let things go they are criticized for being too lenient.

Mods are human and sometimes make mistakes, but I don't think any change either in the system or in the personnel would make any difference. The fault lies with a minority of posters who just like to argue and cause trouble.

Incidentally would it be possible to have a comprehensive list of mods in a sticky thread somewhere. I think I have worked out who is who, and suddenly another name crops up!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #19
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Where do you get the idea from that you will agree with the decisions of new moderators?
that's not what i am conveying here.......rotation somewhat evens out the partiality across all fanbases.......i may or may not agree with their decisions but they are only sticking around for 6 months.......

Quote:
Why should someone hide an opinion? MTF is an open forum and everyone is allowed to say what (s)he thinks.
not all are ready to eat bans.......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
i am not happy with the kind of moderation
No why? No how? No explanation?

You're just "unhappy" and, that's it?

Quote:
1. let's elect a pool of 25-30 mods and rotate them every six months.......that makes for better moderation as no mod would then be overconfident of his position and misuse the mod duties.......
Elect mods by who? The hundreds of tards (the resident tards as well as those who recently flooded this forum?

Quote:
3. there should be a thread dedicated to point out whatever the forum members dislike about the functioning of the forum or moderation, in a dignified way.......people are fed up with PMing the mods and receiving forum rule bullshit in return.......open discussions always lead to better solutions than PMs.......
What is it you really want? So far you're giving the impression that all you want is power in the form of mob rule (disguised of course as "democracy"
Raiden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #21
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
No why? No how? No explanation?

You're just "unhappy" and, that's it?

Elect mods by who? The hundreds of tards (the resident tards as well as those who recently flooded this forum?

What is it you really want? So far you're giving the impression that all you want is power in the form of mob rule (disguised of course as "democracy"
you can selectively pick up statements and twist all day.......it's not going to change what i have already conveyed.......

the concentration here is solely on rotation of mods and distribution of power.......really not many wish to be moderated by the same persons forever.......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #22
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a question. when you get banned, is there any way to contact the admins? when i was banned i found no such tool.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #23
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
not all are ready to eat bans.......
You don't get a ban when you say your opinion
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Deboogle. I've trolled been on loads of forums and MTF is by far the worst for OTT insults/discrimination/racism/homophobia/stalking/wishing death and injury. If anything this forum needs more moderators.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
I've got a question. when you get banned, is there any way to contact the admins? when i was banned i found no such tool.
on tennisforum you can appeal your ban and send a message to pbarbosa@verticalscope.com no idea if it's the same guy responsible here

Quote:
You don't get a ban when you say your opinion
you actually can, if you're too expressive
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #26
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has been read and some of the mods have discussed it, and no action will be taken at the moment on any of the points raised - the current rules and their methods of enforcement will stand.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #27
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Roma locuta est, causa finita est,
Old 10-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #28
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, Start da game is bitter about being banned like three times in the past few months.