Novak News!! - Page 217 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #3241
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post

Imitating Caro? Even that would be boring? (j/k)

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...of-autumn.html

Agree on both points

Btw, did anyone catch the interview that Nole talked about the rumors with the singer or the interview of football coach Milutinovic (http://www.chinaopen.com.cn/62/2010/1005/65.html) on his love of tennis and on the Serb players? Both from yesterday.
Where are those interviews? I can't find them.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #3242
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

I just found the video Hana
http://tieba.baidu.com/%B5%C2%D4%BC%...0d50be33a8eac/
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #3243
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Where are those interviews? I can't find them.
I just stumbled across that though, Amber found one and this is the other.

http://tennis.uusee.com/saishilubo/z...1006/2032.html
It may take a lot of time to load the video.

'little Germany'=小德 means Nole in Chinese Also some of 'network' mean the tournament, I guess.

Quote:
If you want to pick a loyal fan in the network, the former national football coach Milutinovic absolutely eligibility for three days, he appeared in the stands here, in order to cheer their compatriots in Serbia.

"Little Germany is the Serbian Hero"

In recent years, Serbia's best tennis player after another, the current in the network to a collection of Jankovic, Ivanovic and Djokovic three star, it also allows Milutinovic forget, last night he and Iraq million in the stands as Jelena Jankovic refueling, yesterday afternoon came to cheer for the little German. When Ivan, when playing swing, Milutinovic is participating in a network TV program recording, when he was this regret that when the phone vibration, Milou stop the conversation immediately and smiled, "she won."

Turning to tennis, Milou in full flight, even though he was a football coach. "Tennis is very popular in our country, Jankovic in decline, but this is our victory over her compatriot." Milutinovic said he was Novak Djokovic is most appreciated, "He has talent, there are technology, the most important thing is he always had the ambition to win, I believe he can achieve a very high level, he is the hero of the Serbs. "

Milutinovic said he will continue to come to the net in the theaters today, and tomorrow then to Kunming watch national football friendly with Syria. "Then I will go back to the net, hope to see Ivan and small when the German move, my wish is to see that they have entered the final." Milutinovic said.

Last edited by shuhrat : 10-06-2010 at 04:10 PM.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #3244
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Yeah!

I just stumbled across that though, Amber found one and this is the other.

http://tennis.uusee.com/saishilubo/z...1006/2032.html
It may take a lot of time to load the video.

'little Germany'=小德 means Nole in Chinese Also some of 'network' mean the tournament, I guess.
What a transcript...my dear God)Google of course?
What part of his name is little and what is Germany?)
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #3245
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
What a transcript...my dear God)Google of course?
What part of his name is little and what is Germany?)
Yes, via Google. I've learned Chinese for a month or something 10 years ago so..
小=small or little, 德=Germany, actually 德國=Germany and it's from the sound of 'Deutschland'
(Originally 德 means virtue or morality though. You know Chinese is ideogram, not phonogram.)
德约科维奇 is his full name in Chinese anyway.
Wow, it's so complicated to explain, since I'm not good at English either. Let Pica or Lee do the job.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #3246
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for an effort
I think I would be illiterate in China....This looks like mission impossible to me
You've learned?
Is Korean easier? Is it similar?

Little Germany....) Sounds weird.
I didn't know that Milutinovic was/is in China, he had to be their national coach or something...
I think he is a record holder...he went to WC with 3 or 4 different national teams.
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #3247
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

The pronunciation of "Djok" is close to 德 in Chinese. 小 also means young in Chinese and usually used as a term of endearment when addressing a person. Mainly, Nole's name in Chinese is so complicated and difficult to say so the media use only 小德 instead of 德约科维奇 which is a really mouth full for all Chinese.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #3248
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
Thanks for an effort
I think I would be illiterate in China....This looks like mission impossible to me
You've learned?
Is Korean easier? Is it similar?

Little Germany....) Sounds weird.
I didn't know that Milutinovic was/is in China, he had to be their national coach or something...
I think he is a record holder...he went to WC with 3 or 4 different national teams.
After all, what the letters mean is not the first thing to be concerned about when they are doing this, I think.

Btw, Nole's name transcribed in Korean "노박 조코비치"
노-No / 박-vak / 조-Djo / 코-ko / 비-vi / 치-c

I've heard Korean isn't easy for foreigners to learn, but I'm almost sure it's still a lot easier than Chinese which has four intonations as well to make it even more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
The pronunciation of "Djok" is close to 德 in Chinese. 小 also means young in Chinese and usually used as a term of endearment when addressing a person. Mainly, Nole's name in Chinese is so complicated and difficult to say so the media use only 小德 instead of 德约科维奇 which is a really mouth full for all Chinese.
Thank you!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #3249
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, thanks for the videos, specially the first one is priceless.
Nole always takes things with a pinch of salt.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #3250
country flag ellewoods

ellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond repute

Just Another Pretty (Big) Serve

by Pete Bodo

Whatever happens in the Novak Djokovic-John Isner semifinal at the China Open will produce a bumper crop of those "irresistible force meets immovable object" moments. Tennis match-ups are tantalizing for any number of reasons having to do with strategy and/or technique, and sometimes for a variety of reasons beyond those.

For example, on any surface but clay, where the lefty high-kicking serve or forehand to the Roger Federer backhand is Rafael Nadal's version of the old Green Bay Packers' "power sweep" (you know it's coming, but you still can't stop it), a meeting between Roger and Rafa tends to play out kaleidoscopically. One of the two is doing something especially well or struggling a bit with some element in his game on the given day, which has a shaping influence on strategy and tactics. Sometimes one hot-zone in the battle cools off and another one replaces it. Suddenly, it's not about Rafa's wide slice serve to the backhand, but more about Roger's ability to penetrate and push Nadal back with his lashing, overspun backhand.

In some matches, the ability of Player A to find Player B's shaky one-handed forehand is key; in others, it's all about whether the retrieving ability of Player C will be able to handle the power and pace of Player D.

But the playbook for the Djokovic-Isner match-up will be remarkably and refreshingly thin. Nobody, regardless of details like service speed or first-serve conversion percentage, makes better use of his serve than Isner. And nobody makes better use of his return than Djokovic. It's an open and shut case. Will the Djokovic return—and return game—be unleashed, or bottled up by Isner's serving prowess? Remember, in beating Nikolay Davydenko, Isner hurled down 18 aces to Davydenko's one in the 6-3, 6-3 win. You don't need a pocket calculator to figure out the net-plus on that one. . .

But then, Djokovic is no Davydenko. I was somewhat surprised to see that Davydenko's name appears nowhere in the Ricoh ATP Match Facts statistics, at least not in the streamlined, week-to-week version that appears at the ATP website. I mean, Marcel Granollers makes an appearance (No. 10 in "Points Won Returning First Serve"), Jarkko Nieminen is No. 4 in first serve percentage (71 per cent), and Benjamin Becker wriggles in there on the leaderboard, right behind Roger Federer, at No. 7 in first serve points won. Admit it, wouldn't you have expected Davydenko to be in the Top 10 list in some serve or (more likely) return related category?

Djokovic, by contrast, is no lower than No. 4 in every one of the four Return of Serve Leaders categories, and at No. 1 on two of those lists. He's unrivaled in Break Points Converted (46 per cent) and shares the top spot with Juan Ignacio Chela in Return Games Won (33 per cent). Incidentally, Andy Murray, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Nadal and David Ferrer are hot on the leaders heels in that latter division, all of them winning 30 percent or more of their return games. That strikes me as an awfully high percentage, given that serving is such a great advantage that the entire scoring system is based on the premise that if you break your opponent just once in a set, while you've been able to hold your own six times, you deserve the set.

One of the big-picture trends these days may be ongoing erosion of the logic behind that fundamental idea. A 33 percent conversion rate means you're winning two of every six service games your opponent is guaranteed in any set, which is actually double what you need to win the set. I'd be tempted to ask myself if my belief in the critical importance of the serve (and thus, the ability to break) isn't a bit outdated, but then there's always. . . Isner.

Ivo Karlovic, Andy Roddick, Robin Soderling, Tomas Berdych. . . all those guys have massive serves, yet none of them—or anyone else—seems to win simply by shooting out the lights in quite the same way as Isner. (Well, Karlovic does, but at this point he's down at No. 10 in the aces department, although he's still serving about the same percentage of aces per match as the leader, Isner.) Berdych and Soderling simply are excellent if not completely fluid or nimble players, blessed with great serves. They have more game with which to back up their serves, and in some ways I think they like for that to be known.

Great servers can be a defensive breed because some people feel it's just not fair to win points pre-emptively. In tennis, you're supposed to show your dexterity and skill on the fly, but the serve is the only stroke over which the ball-striker has total control, because he has the right to put the ball exactly where he wants, and hit it exactly how he wants, to start a point. And starting a point the way you want, or having the opportunity to do that, is the critical advantage bestowed on the server.

In the past few years Andy Roddick has worked furiously to show that he, too, is not just another pretty (big) serve. Roddick earned a lot of respect but he also may have lost some efficiency (and he certainly surrendered a little bit of that menace that is the birthright of all big servers) when he worked so hard, and with such encouraging results, to become a more multi-faceted player. It's doubtful we'll ever know for sure about that. But a comparison with Isner is inviting, and it helps put all this in perspective.

Isner is all about the serve and he doesn't care who knows it. Oh, he works on the other parts of his game, and wants and works to improve as much as the next guy. But he admits that he cleaves to the Big Man Canon as well as the cannon. He told me in the spring that he has no overpowering desire to win the Mr. Versatility prize. He has no interest in showing off what defensive or transitional skills he has. He wants to get points over quickly; the sooner the better. This is less an attitude than a strategy, and it pops up in some unexpected places (like some Federer vs. Nadal matches on red clay, which usually feature a paucity of what we call "typical" clay-court rallies).

Isner knows that having a better backhand and service return certainly would make him more dangerous, mostly because it would enable him to put even more pressure on his opponents than he already does by virtue of his serving skills. Most of the men he plays are scared stiff, and for good reason. They know you can't afford to get broken when your chances of breaking, never mind breaking back, are slim to none. And that can affect the quality of your own serving.

A number of players said of Pete Sampras, a paragon of the serve-driven game, that his ability and confidence in his serve was such that he would just cruise along, feeling no urgency to do much of anything but take care of his serve (usually, a relatively easy job). Inevitably as a returner he'd have a lead of 30-15, or even 30-all, and then he'd strike to get the critical break, or point in a tiebreaker. A pro can lose a 6-2, 6-4 match to a guy like David Ferrer and feel like he fought a valiant, exhausting, close war. But he can lose a 7-6, 7-5 match to a Sampras, or Isner, and know deep down that he was not only never in it, but he may not even need to take a shower and massage.

So I'm looking forward to seeing how Djokovic, the most lethal return-game player on tour today, will deal with the most unapologetic advocate of the pure, serve-based game, Isner. It promises to be, like so many of the other great stories, simple and majestic, but with one brilliantly conceived sub-plot: Djokovic is mighty proud of the way he's rehabilitated his own serve, which should help him neutralize that great advantage Isner has in so many matches: his opponents' fear of being broken.
ellewoods is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #3251
country flag ellewoods

ellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond reputeellewoods has a reputation beyond repute

According to ATPWorldTour twitter account, Nole has qualified for WTF

Quote:
Novak Djokovic has qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in November. Buy your tickets now! http://bit.ly/cXquU2
ellewoods is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #3252
country flag ALEXLIM23

ALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond repute

Interview October 8, 2010

Novak Djokovic

BEIJING, CHINA

N. DJOKOVIC/G. Simon
6-3, 6-2

THE INTERPRETER: Questions, please.

Q. We noticed that on the court your shirt has a red Chinese style dragon design. I'd like to ask, was it your idea to design that or was it somebody's else's?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, we went through the design options start of this year, so we went through it together. They finalized it, obviously, but we did have the starting idea together. I think it's nice.
You know, they took a step further in the designing. Sergio Tacchini was always very conservative, very nice brand with nice materials. Now they took it even a step further. I think it's great what they are doing. The new owner of the Sergio Tacchini company is a Chinese private businessman so obviously had some connection with it, as well.

Q. I want to get your thoughts on the match. You had a couple of long, tough games, it seems, particularly the first one. But it seems like it's pretty much smooth sailing. How do you see the match? How do you see the tournament?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: So far I didn't spend that much time on the court, which is great. I had enough hours already throughout the whole year, so right now I just want to get the win as fast as possible.
That's what I'm doing. I'm playing quite good. I'm feeling great on this court. You know, over the years I've lost only one match I think in three years, and I just like it. It suits to my game.
He had seven break points in the first set, so I was lucky in some moments not to lose the break, and as soon as I won set, I kind of raised the level of my game even a step further. I served out well when I needed to, which is very positive thing for me. Doesn't happen too often. So I'm very happy that my serve is getting better and better, and hopefully I'm gonna use it more.

Q. I think it's been at least about five times that you and Gilles have played against each other before today. I was just wondering if you had taken anything away from those previous matches for today?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, every match that we have played before this one was a long match and went three sets. So I didn't expect any different today knowing that he started playing better last couple of months.
He won a tournament in France, and he regained his confidence back and just struggling after injury, obviously, but now just playing quite good.
But I managed to play well in the important moments, and especially in that first set, so, I mean, I knew that I needed to be aggressive, take my chances, because he always tries to make opponent play an extra shot and tries to make the opponent make some unforced errors, and that's his style of the game.
I was really quite good on the return and very good on the serve, so that gave me a lot of advantage.

Q. I just wondered how much your experience at the US Open and obviously straight after that in Davis Cup, obviously great inspirations, but has that inspired you, do you think, to get even better at this stage of the season when a lot of people are perhaps suffering a little bit?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, definitely. I mean, I have been healthy and I have benefit, especially in the last, in the second part of the year where I feel more confident on the court playing the game that was characteristic for me in the past, but I wasn't able to perform that game in the first five, six months.
Now I'm doing that, so I'm trying to maintain that level. I played semifinals at Wimbledon, and since then it's all going uphill, more or less. And US Open has been the best tournament of the year so far, definitely had some big wins there and big wins in the Davis Cup, which is one of my priorities until the end of the year is to try to win a title. It's historical chance for our country, never been, our country has never been in finals of this competition, so it's quite a big deal to have it at home.

Q. Did the Mardy Fish withdrawal give you more advantage or more disadvantage?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Excuse me, I didn't hear. Can you repeat?

Q. Did the Mardy Fish withdrawal give you more advantage or more disadvantage? And the weather is quite different between your two matches. Do you have any problem with that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, I already forgot about that withdrawal. (Smiling.)
I already went through a quarterfinal. Well, as I said, it's great if you can save some energy, you know, especially if you're playing back-to-back tournaments. Next week is Shanghai, which is a 1000 event, and it's not easy to play on this level that many matches, but the less time you spend on the court, the better.
Yeah, the weather has been a little bit strange in last two, three days, but, you know, we kind of got used to it. We kind of got used to it, because I think I've played in these conditions in 2008 in Olympics. There was a lot of pollution in the air, so it's not really the easiest thing.
But, you know, you have to accept it. It's same for you and your opponent. You have to not think about that too much.

Q. I just wanted to ask, how has the smog affected you all? How does that affect your actual game? And do you do anything with your foods, antitoxins or anything?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I have fried noodles and dumplings in the morning, Chinese. It's quite healthy. No, honestly I have a very high opinion about the food here. I think it's very healthy and it's great.
Considering the air, I mean, what can you do? I mean, I don't know; get into the chamber of the smoke, I guess, before the match, to get used to it (smiling).

Q. But how does that affect your game? Does it make you harder to breathe or slow down with it?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It does irritate you a little bit, obviously, especially if you're playing against somebody that you expect to play long rallies with them. We had so many long rallies, and it's hard to recover when you don't have fresh air.
I don't know. A box of oxygen or something on the bench would be great, but we don't have it. I guess I will have to get used to it.

End of FastScripts
ALEXLIM23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #3253
country flag ALEXLIM23

ALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond reputeALEXLIM23 has a reputation beyond repute

From Tipsarevic Twitter account:

Quote:
I think I tryed getting Novak and Viktor on Twitter,but they didnt seem to be interested...sigh...Need to bribe them with candy I guess
ALEXLIM23 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #3254
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXLIM23 View Post
From Tipsarevic Twitter account:
What kind of candy?
Noleta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #3255
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. I just wanted to ask, how has the smog affected you all? How does that affect your actual game? And do you do anything with your foods, antitoxins or anything?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I have fried noodles and dumplings in the morning, Chinese. It's quite healthy. No, honestly I have a very high opinion about the food here. I think it's very healthy and it's great.
Considering the air, I mean, what can you do? I mean, I don't know; get into the chamber of the smoke, I guess, before the match, to get used to it (smiling).

Q. But how does that affect your game? Does it make you harder to breathe or slow down with it?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It does irritate you a little bit, obviously, especially if you're playing against somebody that you expect to play long rallies with them. We had so many long rallies, and it's hard to recover when you don't have fresh air.
I don't know. A box of oxygen or something on the bench would be great, but we don't have it. I guess I will have to get used to it.
Reuters later had a report about Novak slamming Beijing air.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/081020...r-quality.html

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=908693924...%AC%C6%E6&pn=0
According to Mainland Chinese fans, Nole ignored a Reuters reporter after the Isner match. Nole asked if he/she's from Reuters. After getting the confirmation, Nole said "no comment" to the reporter's question.

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread