And Israel is the aggressor...right. - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #286
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And Israel is the aggressor...right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodg View Post
Of course the cousin said so. Do you really believe that he will blame his relative in killing himself?
Why do you give only one sided version? that the guard opened fire after facing a dangerous ambush?

Keep on posting things and ignore the things I'm writing direct to you, and you've got no answers to them. It's just like you enjoying to pissing me off or something like this.
Where do you get your information?

Post your sources also so we can also judge where you get your information. Lately it's just been your word refuting the sources others have used.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #287
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post

Post your sources also so we can also judge where you get your information. Lately it's just been your word refuting the sources others have used.
I don't think he needs to quote a source. He commented on the same CNN article. He didn't say the cousin did not say what the article quotes him as saying. He just commented that of course the cousin said what he did - but it does not mean it is true.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #288
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
There is no such thing as international "law". It is a fictitious concept that was designed so that the politicians enacting them would have more power beyond the borders of the sovereign nation that they represent. However, there's no power to be derived from enacting laws that themselves don't have any power.
Excuse me?! No international conventions and treaties? No UNO? No international courts?

International law is the future of civilization.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #289
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodg View Post
CNN are the most pro Palestinian channel in the media, so it doesn't makes me worry. Why don't you give articles from Fox News?
To compare CNN and Fox News is like comparing Wimbledon and Bukhara challenger
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #290
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this the only conflict or humanitarian crisis that people care about?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 AM   #291
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I don't think he needs to quote a source. He commented on the same CNN article. He didn't say the cousin did not say what the article quotes him as saying. He just commented that of course the cousin said what he did - but it does not mean it is true.
In this case but there's quite a few different areas we're talking about.
I like to see where the information comes from on both sides, it's a help.

We have different information sources and then interpretations of the reports with opinions mixed in. There's a lot to consider.

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #292
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...958694,00.html
Old 09-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #293
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Why is this the only conflict or humanitarian crisis that people care about?
Arab world got a big power - so I guess they sponsoring the only crisis that a part from the arab world is being hit. In the meantime, it'll cause to people to talk about it more and not taking care about much more serious humanitarian problems.
I'm sorry, but i've got no other reasonable explanation for that. That so much posts here are against Israel, few days after Ahmadinejad, AGAIN, denied the holocaust.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #294
country flag Nimrodg

And one last thing:
Bilbo -
I gave here a fair source few weeks ago about the flotilla, a documentary show that shows what really went there(And you can't say even it's Pro israeli - it's was made by the BBC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrzF0IOQYE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfo91FQVr7M

Again, you enjoy condemning Israel, if you'll give me a fair way that Israel should've act in this thing, i'll be happy - But Israel made everything possible to end this peacefully, and the organizers were determined to make a provocation(and succeeded unfortunately)
Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #295
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
To compare CNN and Fox News is like comparing Wimbledon and Bukhara challenger
Yes, because you actually get to hear from opposing sides on Fox News, despite their own self-described conservative leaning. CNN, like the major network news stations is very biased towards the left, with little patience for opposing viewpoints.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #296
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Palestinian family on West Bank violence: 'We're living in a prison'

Burin, West Bank (CNN) -- With a moratorium on Israeli settlement building in the West Bank set to expire -- and Israeli-Palestinian peace talks at risk -- one family in the Palestinian village of Burin knows first-hand what could be at stake.

Video footage, taken by a camera donated by the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, shows a man hurling stones at the Sufan family's house.

Hanan Sufan, 50, says settler attacks have lasted a decade.

"This grating is to protect the window, so if they throw something, it does not enter the house," she says in her home near the West Bank city of Nablus.

Her 23-year-old daughter, Imam, has been videotaping the attacks.

"We're living in a prison," she says. "This is like hell. Who can live in a house barricaded with iron?"

Hanan Sufan shows where the settlers set fire to the house in 2002, an incident that was confirmed by the International Red Cross.

She says her husband suffered a stroke the same night and died a week later. Through tears, Hanan Sufan says she wishes she had lost her home, not her husband.

The Sufan family says, in addition to fortifying the house over the years, the family has put barbed wired up on the railings to stop people from climbing into the house. Every night, one member of the family sleeps outside, just in case.

Hanan Sufan's olive grove is bordered by the Israeli settlement of Yitzhar -- a settlement that many mainstream Israelis consider one of the most radical.

The mother says 23 trees were chopped down by the settlers in January.

"Olive trees are as dear to me as my children, because I raise them like a child -- digging, watering, taking care of it -- and they come and chop it down," she says.

When the family harvests the 20 remaining trees next month, it will have Israeli military protection.

The Israeli military has intervened in the past to try to stop settler attacks on the Sufan home and Burin.

A spokesman for the Yitzhar settlement declined to comment, citing the Jewish holidays.

But Israeli media have reported that the Rabbi of Yitzhar, Rabbi Yosef Elitzur, has said, "If there is no quiet for the Jews, there will be no quiet for the Arabs."

And there hasn't been for members of the Sufan family, who say they live in fear of the next attack.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=C1
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #297
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Israel's moratorium on settlement building in West Bank set to expire

Revava, West Bank (CNN) -- A contentious issue between Israelis and Palestinians that some say could derail Mideast peace talks is set to reach a milestone on Sunday.

Israel's moratorium on settlement construction in the West Bank is scheduled to end Sunday. Israelis and Palestinians are in the initial rounds of face-to-face peace talks, and Palestinians have said a restart by the Israelis could be reason enough to end talks.

A massive rally of settlers is expected on Sunday to show support for continued building.

Settlers and members of parliament are expected to "break ground" in the area. Bulldozers are also expected at the scene -- a gesture to show that settlers are ready to begin building again.

But the Palestinian representative for settlement watch in the West Bank said 20 new caravan homes have been built by Saturday -- before the moratorium was set to expire.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday called on settlers to show restraint as a building moratorium in the West Bank was coming to an end.

"The (prime minister) calls on residents in Judea and Samaria and the political parties to show restraint and responsibility today and in the future, exactly as they showed restraint and responsibility throughout the months of the suspension of the building," a statement from Netanyahu's office said.

According to Peace Now, an Israeli settlement watch group, plans for thousands of houses are ready to go, and construction will start as soon as the freeze is lifted.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas told the U.N. General Assembly on Saturday that settlements were a key issue.

"Israel must choose between peace and the continuation of settlements," he said.

In the past few days, Netanyahu has spoken to U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and former British Prime Minster Tony Blair about working out a compromise, an Israeli government source said.

The United States has pushed Israel to extend the moratorium.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=T1
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #298
country flag swisht4u

Why isn't Israel rounding up some of those settlers and throwing them in jail?
If Israel wanted peace they would stop their own people from doing these kind of things as it hurts the peace process.
I know the Isreali leaders tell them to not do such things but it seems like just a facade.
And the people who are settlers, they want to continue building and care little of anyone else. I've mentioned before that these people only care about themselves and will try to do what they want at others expense.
The palenstinians should at least try to fight back whatever way they can, it is their right.
The world knows this.

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #299
country flag Nimrodg

Quote:
Why isn't Israel rounding up some of those settlers and throwing them in jail?
If Israel wanted peace they would stop their own people from doing these kind of things as it hurts the peace process.
I know the Isreali leaders tell them to not do such things but it seems like just a facade.
And the people who are settlers, they want to continue building and care little of anyone else. I've mentioned before that these people only care about themselves and will try to do what they want at others expense.
The palenstinians should at least try to fight back whatever way they can, it is their right.
The world knows this.
Of course Israel doing as much as it can to stop those settlers. It's not easy to prevent 100% those provocations. Meanwhile, It's a fact that in Israel, those who try to do terror attacks(the jewish ones) getting arrested and punished for that - In Palestine they are considered as heroes.
You can criticize Israel as much as you want, but so far - Israel have done a step to make the peace progress go on, the Palestinians didn't. Abbas knows that there is a right wing government in Israel, and that was not easy to make the moratorium happen, but yet he started the negotiations too late.
Netanyahu couldn't do anything now, as most of the people in he's party needs the settlers votes, so they are fighting for them.
Obama made a mistake that he gave the moratorium such importance and pressured Israel to keep it on, although it's almost not possible considering the current situation in our politics, and it's definitely the decision is not up to Netanyahu.
I believe that there should be a moratorium - but not as a term to negotiation. Israel has done the step and the Palestinians sat at this time doing nothing. All they do now is trying to pass it to Israel's side, that Israel will have the blame for the negotiation failure.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #300
country flag Nimrodg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Palestinian family on West Bank violence: 'We're living in a prison'

Burin, West Bank (CNN) -- With a moratorium on Israeli settlement building in the West Bank set to expire -- and Israeli-Palestinian peace talks at risk -- one family in the Palestinian village of Burin knows first-hand what could be at stake.

Video footage, taken by a camera donated by the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem, shows a man hurling stones at the Sufan family's house.

Hanan Sufan, 50, says settler attacks have lasted a decade.

"This grating is to protect the window, so if they throw something, it does not enter the house," she says in her home near the West Bank city of Nablus.

Her 23-year-old daughter, Imam, has been videotaping the attacks.

"We're living in a prison," she says. "This is like hell. Who can live in a house barricaded with iron?"

Hanan Sufan shows where the settlers set fire to the house in 2002, an incident that was confirmed by the International Red Cross.

She says her husband suffered a stroke the same night and died a week later. Through tears, Hanan Sufan says she wishes she had lost her home, not her husband.

The Sufan family says, in addition to fortifying the house over the years, the family has put barbed wired up on the railings to stop people from climbing into the house. Every night, one member of the family sleeps outside, just in case.

Hanan Sufan's olive grove is bordered by the Israeli settlement of Yitzhar -- a settlement that many mainstream Israelis consider one of the most radical.

The mother says 23 trees were chopped down by the settlers in January.

"Olive trees are as dear to me as my children, because I raise them like a child -- digging, watering, taking care of it -- and they come and chop it down," she says.

When the family harvests the 20 remaining trees next month, it will have Israeli military protection.

The Israeli military has intervened in the past to try to stop settler attacks on the Sufan home and Burin.

A spokesman for the Yitzhar settlement declined to comment, citing the Jewish holidays.

But Israeli media have reported that the Rabbi of Yitzhar, Rabbi Yosef Elitzur, has said, "If there is no quiet for the Jews, there will be no quiet for the Arabs."

And there hasn't been for members of the Sufan family, who say they live in fear of the next attack.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=C1

I'll be happy if once a while you won't be biased and post some stories of families from Sderot.