Canadian players - Page 247 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #3691
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian players

canadian results for today:
simmonds d. pospisil
aarts d. richard
chvojka d. espasandin
el tabakh d. di feo
klingemann d. rubin
krainik d. racz
duclos d. kryvonos
pollock d. monette

congrats to el tabakh and krainik for getting their first atp point...
disappointing loss for pospisil
big_j_tennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #3692
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Polansky lost in Bangkok to Rieschick 7-6 6-1
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #3693
country flag mayagaller

mayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond reputemayagaller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_j_tennis View Post
canadian results for today:
simmonds d. pospisil

Disappointing for sure.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #3694
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Krainik, he could become a decent pro if he puts his mind to it. Not too sure what to make about Haessig because this is his third year with the NTC and we haven't really seen him perform up to the level that we thought he would. El Tabakh is kind of an unknown but got a good win over a good young kid in Di Feo.

Vasek has got to be the most hot/cold player I have ever seen. How do you go from winning 2 futures titles to getting smoked in your next match and then pretty much throwing up a stinker against a player ranked in the 900's (granted he has been as high as two hundred) in your home country. I think he did the exact same thing in Canada F2 this year and went on to win Canada F3 so maybe a sign of things to come.

This event was great experience for our younger juniors. Monette, Richard and Di Feo. The thing that really bothers me about Tennis Canada is that they have this completely updated website but you still have no freaking clue what is going on with the players other then the three or four that play at the higher levels. Like for example, Nguyen has been out for a while but there is no news or anything about what happened to him. Same thing with Peliwo. Obucina is a member of the NTC and we haven't seen him in a few months either.

There are quite a few fans of Canadian tennis as this thread shows so there is definitely a following for Canadian tennis but they often leave us in the dark when it comes to our up and coming player. There is more news about what is going on in Bucharest then there is in Tevlin right now and that is a problem. If you want to know about Bucharest, there is a nice site called www.atpworldtour.com that already exists for that.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #3695
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

vasek
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #3696
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldhands View Post
Vasek has got to be the most hot/cold player I have ever seen. How do you go from winning 2 futures titles to getting smoked in your next match and then pretty much throwing up a stinker against a player ranked in the 900's (granted he has been as high as two hundred) in your home country. I think he did the exact same thing in Canada F2 this year and went on to win Canada F3 so maybe a sign of things to come.
Poor Vasek, I think it is the pressure that gets to him. Regarding the Canada F2, wasn't that just after he had flown back from the Davis Cup, so he had the travel, change of surface and humiliation over being pushed aside to contend with? But how to explain this?

On the reports on Juniors, I have actually found that Tennis Canada is not that bad, but it annoys me that they are slow to report e.g. who is in NTC this year. Why must we wait until several weeks after the year begins? Based on this blog http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/blog/?p=405 we know that Di Feo is in (incidentally this blog is dated 1 September but only posted 21 September - however I will forgive them some teething problems with their new site).

BTW Peliwo, Nguyen and Monette are the team for the Junior Davis Cup: http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...1_original.PDF They will face some stiff opposition. The amazing Ronit Singh is there again for India - 2 years ago as a 12 year old he was beating the top 14 year olds in the U14 version, including Nguyen if my memory is correct.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #3697
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

Nice wins for El Tabakh and Krainik

and I still have no idea why Tennis Canada has not made any mention at all about Klingemann since he turned Canadian. I'm wondering if he makes it further in the tournament if we'll get some knews about him.
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 AM   #3698
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

I think Haessig has a lot more of a future ahead of him than Krainik. Krainik's scored a decent result in a futures tournament, whereas Haessig has had strong losses to competitors in Challenger qualies and etc, whereas Krainik crumbles against the stronger opponents and gets those 0,1 results we see a lot out of him. Peliwo is definitely the kid to watch out for in the future. Currently the 14th highest junior born in 1994, of course that will probably go down a bit in the next few years, but it could also go up, we'll have to see.
GasquetGulbis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:06 AM   #3699
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

That being said, I don't see either of them becoming full professionals, maybe they'll both live up to the same standards as Chvojka, but I wouldn't give them any more credit than that thus far.
GasquetGulbis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #3700
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Vasek

Nice to see some of the other guys getting wins, though

And what a nice DC draw Sure, two road ties, but we got the two weakest teams in the Zone in our section (especially if Nico is indeed done with Davis Cup). Of course, the draw being good is probably contingent on either Milos or Frank finding enough game to win at least one singles rubber on clay. Of course, neither team has much depth; Milos or Frank should be able to beat a #2 player on the level of Endara, Campozano, Rodriguez or Garza.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #3701

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Having three years at the NTC and not going professional? that is a little hard to swallow.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #3702

Maybe he will go the NCAA route, but what well he do for that one year that he is not eligible?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #3703
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

WTF happened to Vasek? So disappointing I thought he would reach far in this tournament.. Guess I was wrong

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #3704

Pretty much sums up how everybody feels about Vasek on this thread
Old 09-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #3705
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

vasek really has to work out his consistency and his mental game..i mean this is just sad

he does good on futures yet at the same time can have these kinds of losses, his record when he moves from from futures is just plain awful.

its hard to imagine he's feeling pressure to do anything what with milos and peter ahead of him and presumably all the attention on milos now it should relax him, take eyes off him and allow him to do something.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote