2nd serves - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
country flag degenerate

degenerate is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd serves

for some reason i always like watching peoples 2nd serve, so post em up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkpxNYsM9s
this is mine, ive only been playing for 4 months
NOTE: i am 6'3 and the greet material on the fence is roughly the same height, just to give u an idea of the bounce of the ball.
degenerate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
country flag degenerate

degenerate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2nd serves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfbwuwBnkU0
heres another one, apparently my ball toss is too far over my head according to my dad. but it feels fine where it is. feedback?
degenerate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
country flag lukeozade0405

lukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond reputelukeozade0405 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenerate View Post
NOTE: i am 6'3 and the greet material on the fence is roughly the same height, just to give u an idea of the bounce of the ball.
I've just started playing a little more seriously as well m8 so it's nice to see other's serves and how my progress compares.

If they're your 2nd serves after 4 months and you have a high percentage of getting them in your doing well

Your ball toss went miles behind your head lol but if it's what your comfortable with and it's working then keep at it. I'm sure my serves look weird compared to pro's as well, my ball toss doesn't go very high at all but i'm happy because i'm getting some good heat off of my 1st's.

lukeozade0405@googlemail.com

One of the Andy's to win a Slam in 2010 you heard it here 1st
lukeozade0405 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
country flag ducks2005

ducks2005 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
heres another one, apparently my ball toss is too far over my head according to my dad. but it feels fine where it is. feedback?
yea not a good serve looks slow and easy to just kill. very ugly to watch aswell. you are tossing the ball too much behind you.
ducks2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
country flag ducks2005

ducks2005 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you need to propel yourself into the court more. your finishing just standing there looks awkward.
ducks2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It certainly looks awkward. You shouldn't be needing to toss the ball in that position, especially the way you stand. One aspect you really need to work on is the toss. You toss is MUCH too low. If you are 6' 3" use that body of yours for every inch you are worth and toss the ball higher and make contact MUCH higher. Andy Roddick is 6' 2" and he makes contact at nearly 10 feet, so that should tell you something.

If you watch professionals and they really REACH for the ball and get a good amount of height off the ground because they put so much momentum up and forward that they actually jump off the ground. You get more bodyweight into the shot this way. Also relax out there. The shot looks a bit unnatural and rushed. You should never look rushed on serve, it is the only shot where you don't have to wait for your opponent and you can take all the time you want to set it up.

You appear to be bending your knees too early. This can and most likely will mess up your toss and make it inconsistent which may lead to producing a lot of double faults. Your tossing arm looks loose. After you toss the ball, you want your tossing arm to reach for the sky. Imagine your tossing arm being a string to a catapult. When you're starting the motion to hit the ball, you "cut off the string" and start bringing your tossing arm back down. While this is happening, your serving arm should catapult up. The toss arm is very important throughout the whole serve.

Watching Roddick in slow motion is always helpful.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
country flag garfunkel3008
Banned!

garfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond repute

just keep practicing your 2nd serve and you'll be fine.
garfunkel3008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote