2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!! - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #931
country flag taram

taram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

Gennie,i've received your e-mail,thank you very much~~~~~and thank you again,monkeytatoo~~~~
taram is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #932
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
I thought I'd seen it all until I passed a bus stop packed with be-cassocked clergymen singing "Be Thou My Vision" like a bunch of Welsh miners. (hey i thought that was a protestant number? ) Needless to say, I ran past this load of yobs as quickly as I could ...
I think it might have started off its life as an ancient Irish traditional hymn and been reversified in 20th century. Might belong to both that way.
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #933
country flag silmakar

silmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond reputesilmakar has a reputation beyond repute

I love this one!!!! Found on Facebook Marat Safin!,thanks to Nelli
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57942_152680668086739_100000344190763_324284_2064722_n.jpg (41.3 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by silmakar : 09-17-2010 at 11:09 PM.
silmakar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #934
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=monkeytattoo;10367476]^

Whoa, forgot about those. It just struck me in the Odessa pics that YB has adopted Marat's signature look (or maybe it's the other way round ), Affliction tee, beads, bling, skanky jeans etc. All power to them, they'll still be wearing this in 30 years's time. [quote=monkeytattoo;10367476]^

Hmmmm...been giving some thought to this....and - yes, I can still see Marat being hot in skanky jeans when he's almost 61 - and Yury too, for that matter - he's one fit dude - I like to think he's one of the guys that 'scared' Marat into not gaining weight when he retired (nonwithstanding the examples of what CAN happen with which Marat is all too familiar...lol at him for being so proud of himself for dropping those 3 kilos...can you imagine him hopping onto the bathroom scales in the morning.....) for anyone interested, YB was mountaineering again this summer - scroll down to Rob and Colby's team here:http://alaskamountaineeringschool.bl...1_archive.html

As for the 'signature' look - well - i think actually they have influenced each other over the years - Marat always liked to wear his bling round his neck and he would naturally go through his 'phases' of 'less is more' followed by "more is just...more" -and there are the odd early pics of him wearing a ring here and there of course - but his true devotion to wearing either ALL rings on his fingers(ie Belgrade)or only his favorite silver band on his left hand (which now looks like a semi-permanent feature) and his various bead and silver bracelets seems to have fully flourished since his Nepal trip - as for Yury - well - its entirely possible that Marat gave him an "Affliction" T-shirt as gift....although the grungy shirt and jeans seems pretty much to be the 'de-rigeur' uniform of the middle-aged elite Russian man - judging by the frequency with which you can find this look on the club websites (and boy there are times where you really have to cover your eyes....!!!).... but anyhow - I am sure that Marat admires Yury for his life experience, his business acumen - and his artistic ability and would naturally emulate some things, as friends do!

I actually feel that Marat has a pretty well defined creative sensibility of his own - which he has always expressed publicly with his jewelry, his "bohemian-punk-student' look and of course, for a while,his tennis - and so it was so rewarding to see that aspect of his personality so clearly illustrated when we got that peek through the windows into his private style in the "Hello" pics - the modern industrial feel of his 'mezzanine' level - with the black steel and minimalist white blinds over the glass walls and ceiling, painted brickwork...the photographs leaning against the walls - the cluttered coffee table - then the chesterfield-style gigantic scale furniture - mis-matched - the khokhloma mugs, pot plants - the telescope - and then the David LaChapelle, the Helmut Newton...the telescope...(lol - so good it's named twice..)and his inordinate pride in the 'authetic' honey from the Luzhkov apiary - the 'real thing' OF COURSE - contrast with the altogether more traditional feel of the room represented in that pic posted by Justin Gimelstob - with the cornices on the ceiling and the massive marble fireplace and the photos in the frames - the furniture pulled it all together, as it were - man, I would LOVE to have seen the rest of the place - but I think its not hard to imagine - its so different in feel.. but then, it all speaks of his own personal eclecticism - slightly schitzoid...? Maybe - but it is SO Marat - and personally, I love it!
Ahh...sorry for that - been a while since I had a 'thinking out loud' session - but since its Saturday morning, and I have been home from work with a terrible head cold for a couple of days having totally lost my voice - this is my 'not talking'...!! feel free to skip or comment, as you see fit!

Last edited by inez : 09-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.
inez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #935
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute

Inez, your comment is trully nice! Quite refreshing, if you ask me, to see somebody who doesn't criticize his style, but actually likes it...from what i've seen the general consensus is that Marat's style is public offense.

I, too, like his style, not necessary for estetical reasons, but simply because I love a laid back man who dresses like he doesn't take himself too seriously and who makes no excuses for wearing probably even his car key around his neck!

And Belovyan is very cool!! I heart Yuri Belovyan! Where can I read moe about him, what does he do for a leaving? )

In regards to who inluenced who, I belive that Belovyan influenced Marat a lot at first, but that after Marat "grew up" the influence became mutual.

Anyway, to me, this friendship is one of the most interesting things about him, because I see it as genuine male bonding.

The appartment, however, cries "interior designer". But that's ok, we should all do what we know best...
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #936
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute

Another one here, little_masha, who likes Marat's style. I'm fascinated by his T-shirts; think they're great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Inez, your comment is trully nice! Quite refreshing, if you ask me, to see somebody who doesn't criticize his style, but actually likes it...from what i've seen the general consensus is that Marat's style is public offense.

I, too, like his style, not necessary for estetical reasons, but simply because I love a laid back man who ...
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #937
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

A few more wine-related pics, Marat being presented with a bottle of Moldovan "Negru de Purcari"
during Davis Cup, Sibiu, Romania, 06 March 2009.

monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #938
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post

Hmmmm...been giving some thought to this....and - yes, I can still see Marat being hot in skanky jeans when he's almost 61 - and Yury too, for that matter - he's one fit dude ...
For some reason YB reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt, but a grizzled, more strapping version. Anyway, as an occasional weird-t-shirt/trainers/skanky jeans wearer myself, I'm glad to see this look getting some love. Maybe the look per se isn't hot, but Marat certainly makes it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inez View Post

I have been home from work with a terrible head cold for a couple of days having totally lost my voice ...
Sounds horrid , I hope you're feeling better soon.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #939
country flag inez

inez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond reputeinez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
For some reason YB reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt, but a grizzled, more strapping version. Anyway, as an occasional weird-t-shirt/trainers/skanky jeans wearer myself, I'm glad to see this look getting some love. Maybe the look per se isn't hot, but Marat certainly makes it so.

Sounds horrid , I hope you're feeling better soon.
LOL - Grizzly Brad Pitt - yeah - I can totally see what you mean - and YB has some striking blue eyes above that (erstwhile) 'man versus wild' beard....; he looks better with it trimmed, have to say....and I agree - some days, only a t-shirt and 'old friend' jeans will do!

Thanks for the good wishes - I'm going back to work tomorrow - although I still sound like frogs are breeding in my throat......and when I cough - which is quite a lot - my head feels like it's about to explode..... having a cold in spring just SUCKS!
PS - nice find on the presentation pics...seems like forever ago!!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #940
country flag inez

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post

I, too, like his style, not necessary for estetical reasons, but simply because I love a laid back man who dresses like he doesn't take himself too seriously and who makes no excuses for wearing probably even his car key around his neck!

And Belovyan is very cool!! I heart Yuri Belovyan! Where can I read moe about him, what does he do for a leaving? )

In regards to who inluenced who, I belive that Belovyan influenced Marat a lot at first, but that after Marat "grew up" the influence became mutual.

Anyway, to me, this friendship is one of the most interesting things about him, because I see it as genuine male bonding.

The appartment, however, cries "interior designer". But that's ok, we should all do what we know best...
If you are interested in Yuriy and his work - check out his website:http://www.beloyvan.ru/about.aspx?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #941
country flag little_masha

little_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond reputelittle_masha has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Inez! I'll investigate further this Mr. Belovyan because he seems interesting...

Soozka, you know what they say: three's a crowd! )))))))

PS Negru de Purcari is greattttttttt!!! And being the professional that he must be (like all Russians, no offense )) I'm sure he appreciatted the wine ...

PPS: Man, he looked great 2 years ago in Romania...
little_masha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #942
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

HEIDI!!! I've missed you!!! (as we all have ) Thanks for all the amazing pictures! hope you've been well!

Here are some pics I just found on atp.ru courtesy of Diana675:

Drinking:

with a lovely marijuana necklace and 'statement' sunglasses :

and hunting!

in terms of his style - I personally like his casual way of putting things on/together... i especially like the jewelry. it takes a pretty confident/secure man (imho) to pull off all that hardware! I just think the ed hardy/affliction nonsense has been played out - I would hate for marat to start looking like (or reminding me of) john of john and kate + 8, bret michaels or dennis rodman!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #943
country flag inez

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
HEIDI!!! I've missed you!!! (as we all have ) Thanks for all the amazing pictures! hope you've been well!

Here are some pics I just found on atp.ru courtesy of Diana675:

Drinking:

with a lovely marijuana necklace and 'statement' sunglasses :

and hunting!

in terms of his style - I personally like his casual way of putting things on/together... i especially like the jewelry. it takes a pretty confident/secure man (imho) to pull off all that hardware! I just think the ed hardy/affliction nonsense has been played out - I would hate for marat to start looking like (or reminding me of) john of john and kate + 8, bret michaels or dennis rodman!
...You'll find that two of these pics were posted on page 64 by Monkeytattoo - all three have been floating around on facebook on the Marat Safin! and Safinettes pages - and causing some interesting debates as apparently, they were lifted from a 'personal' friends only page from one of the many fake Marat Safin pages there - (for anyone interested in just how persistent trolls can be, I suggest you take the time to go to the photos sections and read through some of the comments and arguments that developed - kept me laughing heartily all day yesterday - made me quite forget i was sick as!)

anyhow, I don't think ANY of these pics are actually posted BY Marat - i doubt he has a fb page at all and if he did - it would be in Russian...but anyhow, I digress...the original sources would be interesting - the top one is clearly from his Saint Anton snowboarding trip in I think is was 2008...(remember that hat appearing apres ski with his conducting performance pics?) - as for the others....who knows - its impossible to tell - they could be from anywhere = but I hope that he was taking aim at the clay variety of pigeon and not attempting to blast some poor feathered friend out of the sky...because with his hand-eye coordination, I think he is probably a great shot....this one I think is from his Nizhny Novgorod weekends....and is the oldest of the three pics - its almost certainly, I think,originally posted by one of his friends on his now deleted odnoklasnikki page...

The whole Ed Hardy/Affliction T shirt connotation is not quite the same for people outside of the States I suspect - I mean - maybe its just me, but who the hell are "john of john and kate + 8, bret michaels or dennis rodman!" - well - I know who Dennis is....sadly, maratsmaiden, I suspect you will have to cringe well into the future - you know how he wears things until they fall apart - and I don't think he buys things because they make some kind of brand statement - quite the opposite...I think he buys things because they happen to tickle his fancy on any given day - and lets face it - we know he probably picked most of them up for 20 bucks in Century 21!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #944
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

sorry for duplicating the pics - i have been away for a few days and when I saw heidi's pics on the previous page(s) on my iphone, the two I posted above didn't show up... admittedly, my 3g iphone is a hunk of junk.. I assumed I had seen all the pics so didn't scroll back - i'm happy to remove the post all together.

the ed hardy thing is most likely an american phenomenon - and if/when i see pics of him going forward, i really don't care what he's wearing he could wear a paper sack and look amazing - i'm just being nit-picky...
Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 AM   #945
country flag inez

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratsmaiden View Post
sorry for duplicating the pics - i have been away for a few days and when I saw heidi's pics on the previous page(s) on my iphone, the two I posted above didn't show up... admittedly, my 3g iphone is a hunk of junk.. I assumed I had seen all the pics so didn't scroll back - i'm happy to remove the post all together.

the ed hardy thing is most likely an american phenomenon - and if/when i see pics of him going forward, i really don't care what he's wearing he could wear a paper sack and look amazing - i'm just being nit-picky...
...hey, i don;t mind the double posting really....can't have too much of a good thing, right! talking of being nit-picking -
...I would love to take Marat shopping for clothes, actually - I mean, he'd probably have to be drugged, or something, otherwise it would be worse than pulling teeth what with all the whining and rolling of eyes and looking at his phone that would be going on - and the proviso would have to be try everything on - just to TRY it ( I would be a one-person Trinny&Suzannah) - I mean, there is so much good fashion for men out there some of which would really suit him - but he's just not that interested in clothes I fear (although I though it quite funny that he lambasted the whole 'label' thing but of course knew he was wearing D&G in that photo shoot with Zhenya recently...lol)....although I have to say, more recently he's started to go from the super-grungy t-shirts to these checked shirts and a suit jacket....this disturbs me SLIGHTLY....but he wears what he feels comfortable in and doesn't stink too bad, right - meaning presumably, with mama Rausa being away with Dinara recently, he's worn all his t shirts more than once and they are currently lying on the corner of the bathroom floor with Fenusya sleeping in the middle of the pile - waiting for mama to pop round on a laundry run.....