Need help for buying a racket - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
country flag Black bird

Black bird is on a distinguished road
Default Need help for buying a racket

Hi!
I am 15 years old and I'm looking for a new tennis racket. I'd say I'm about player level 3.5-4.0.
I would like to buy a racket that can give me control with a tad more power. I would like something that costs less than 150$.
I was looking at the Dunlop Aerogel 800 but not sure if it would be fine.
There was also the Dunlop Aerogel Smoke, the Babolat XS 102, or perhaps the Wilson K Tour FX 102.
Any more suggestions and are any of those i mentioned good choices?
Thank you.
Black bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 03:35 AM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help for buying a racket

Dunlop's are not extreemly powerful frames, however the 300 has a nice blend of power and control, the 500 tour will give you more power and is most like the babolats. I believe that the 800 would be waaaaaay too powerful for you considering your body will continue to develop your muscle for a few more years. I do not know very much about frames outside of dunlop&technifibre, so i cannot help you on the others. The smoke should do a fine job filling the bill for what you have described. Can you tell me more about your game, backhand serve etc.?
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
country flag cocoh54

cocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond reputecocoh54 has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking for a new racket, too, because I bought the Wilson K Tour FX 102, but it was not very good.
cocoh54 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoh54 View Post
I am looking for a new racket, too, because I bought the Wilson K Tour FX 102, but it was not very good.
What experience do you have how old are you and what style do you play?
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote