Suggested racquet to replace my Wilsion nCode sixone 95 (16X18) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
country flag cooldudevarma

cooldudevarma is on a distinguished road
Default Suggested racquet to replace my Wilsion nCode sixone 95 (16X18)

Hi,

I am using Wilson nCode sixone 95 (4-3/8) from last 3 years. I was not always comfortable hitting forehand top spin shots with nCode, but my serve was consistent with this racquet.

I am planning to buy an new racket, please suggest which suites best for me

1. Babolat Aero Pro Drive Cortex - I demoed (4-3/8), I felt grip is much larger compared to wilson grip, also I was not much comfortable swinging the racquet freely as racquet has lot of pop.
I was not able to hit flat servers with this , Is it because Grip size? Can I go with 4-1/4 and will this suite me going forward? Also I feel Babolat racquets are bulky
compared to Wilson, any comments on this?

2. Babolat Aero Strom - This Racquet has string pattern of 16X20 - 98 Inches compared to 16X19 - 100 inches of Babolat aero pro drive. I haven't tried this, is Aero Strom stiffer racquet compared to APD?
If I want to swing freely will Aero Strom suite better for me? Also how serving experience with this?

3. Wilson BLX Kfactor six one 95 (16X19 / 18X20) - I feel this should be more or less similar to my ncode.

Also my racquet gets strings off more frequently, thats the reason I am planning to move to 18X20. Also please suggest me similar racquets in Head , Prince etc.

Thanks,
chaitanya
cooldudevarma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggested racquet to replace my Wilsion nCode sixone 95 (16X18)

Personally I used a Wilson ncode 6.1 95 18x20 and I have now switched to a Babolat Pure Storm Ltd. It has worked wonders for me so far with a little bit of lead tape.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote