And Israel is the aggressor...right. - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #226
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And Israel is the aggressor...right.

how do Jewish Orthodox and secular Jews co-exist then? Jews used to live peacefully in Egypt, Yemen and different Islamic or Arabic states long before the conflict started, when the conflict resolves it won't be an issue anymore.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #227
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
They can enter, but they can't worship in public.

How about a country where women get rights as well?
Israel already implement it, maybe SA can follow suit. With international mediation, of course. After all, a little international mediation can cure anything, if it can cure the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as simply as you suggested, I'm sure it can help fixing the horrible discrimination of women in your country.
again you are bringing Saudi Arabia up to an unrelated topic.

Israel implements occupation and building illegal settlements on Palestinian men and women's lands, you are one to talk about giving others their rights if you gave the Palestinians their rights there wouldn't have been an ongoing conflict for ages.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #228
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
I don't know about Tehran or Yemen but Makkah isn't open to any non-Muslims, although in essence only idolaters aren't allowed entry according to religious text and that shouldn't include Jews and Christians, that's how the government here applies it, the rest of the kingdom is open to all.
I was just making the point that the writer of the article doesn't seem to have both feet firmly on the ground. Apart from the UAE there is not much tourism to the Arab world by non-Jews right now. I do not see that changing in the near future.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #229
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how do Jewish Orthodox and secular Jews co-exist then? Jews used to live peacefully in Egypt, Yemen and different Islamic or Arabic states long before the conflict started, when the conflict resolves it won't be an issue anymore.
Sure, when Jews had no designs on self-determination, they had no problems. The moment Israel was founded, their Arabic neighnbors turned on the Jews living in those countries.
Go read a bit about the plight of the Jews in Egypt even before Israel was founded, they ran away leaving everything they had behind, and it was plenty.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #230
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
again you are bringing Saudi Arabia up to an unrelated topic.

Israel implements occupation and building illegal settlements on Palestinian men and women's lands, you are one to talk about giving others their rights if you gave the Palestinians their rights there wouldn't have been an ongoing conflict for ages.
Women's land? Can women even OWN a land in Saudi Arabia?

Question, if the UN, for whatever reason, would try to force SA to stop discriminate against women and accept them as equal members in society - would you be supportive of that. I'm not asking you whether YOU are supportive of womens right, I'm asking you whether you'd accept international infereference?

Or do you think that the only kind of human right violation which exist is occupation of a nation's lands.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #231
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Apart from the UAE there is not much tourism to the Arab world by non-Jews right now. I do not see that changing in the near future.
Egypt, Morocoo, Qatar, ...

More tourism than in Israel.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #232
country flag habibko

Quote:
Women's land? Can women even OWN a land in Saudi Arabia?

this question shows your complete ignorance regarding the status of women in Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
Question, if the UN, for whatever reason, would try to force SA to stop discriminate against women and accept them as equal members in society - would you be supportive of that. I'm not asking you whether YOU are supportive of womens right, I'm asking you whether you'd accept international infereference?

Or do you think that the only kind of human right violation which exist is occupation of a nation's lands.
since when does the UN force countries to do what they like? they can't even force Israel to stop violating international law since its foundation.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #233
country flag Or Levy

Quote:

this question shows your complete ignorance regarding the status of women in Saudi Arabia.

since when does the UN force countries to do what they like? they can't even force Israel to stop violating international law since its foundation.
Well, can they? As far as I know, they can't leave the country without a male guardian permission, and as far as I know they can't inherit, or at least inherit secondly to younger male siblings, so I assume they can't own land, either. If I'm wrong, time to correct me. I really do want to know.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #234
country flag habibko

Quote:
Well, can they? As far as I know, they can't leave the country without a male guardian permission, and as far as I know they can't inherit, or at least inherit secondly to younger male siblings, so I assume they can't own land, either. If I'm wrong, time to correct me. I really do want to know.
of course they can.

you are still missing the point, what women can or can't do in Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine, if you have questions about Saudi Arabia you can PM me them, why are you trying to bash Saudi Arabia in each and every conversation we have regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #235
country flag asma jaouadi

asma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond reputeasma jaouadi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishero View Post
isreal is an ilegal tyrant state. hand over the land u stole and stfu.
WELL SAY :wo rship:

ERNESTS GULBIS
asma jaouadi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #236
country flag Or Levy

Quote:
of course they can.

you are still missing the point, what women can or can't do in Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine, if you have questions about Saudi Arabia you can PM me them, why are you trying to bash Saudi Arabia in each and every conversation we have regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
LOL, of course they can. From wikipedia:

"All females must have a male guardian, typicallly a father or husband. The guardian has duties to, and rights over, his woman in many aspects of civic life. Women need their guardian's permission for: marriage and divorce; travel, if under 45; education; employment; opening a bank account; elective surgery, particularly when sexual in nature"

Forgive me that I dared to think they need permission to own land as well. What in the world was I thinking? Are you pretending, or was that for real?

I don't have a problem with Saudi Arabia (okay, I do, but that's beside the issue), but I do find it odd and bizzare that someone whose country is guilty of so many different form of discrimination against parts of its own population, is pointing fingers at a country who acts against a nation they are in war with. What happens between Israel and the Palestinians isn't discrimination, it's war, I'm afraid, wish it could be different, but discrimination has got little to do with it.

You're talking about equal rights and one country regarding Israel, when you live in a country so divided by gender discrimination, as well as discrimination of other religious minorities, and you don't see how that's weird.

And as far as the rights given to Israel's Arabic citizens - while there are, I'm afraid, forms of discriminations against them (less funding for schools, structure, they have harder time being hired, land allocation, etc), I'm all for fixing it, and for years voting (using my legal rights as a woman in a democracy) for parties that would push for that, but having my country critisized by a male citizen of Saudi Arabia gets me every single time.

Hello Pot, this is kettle, are you black?

Last edited by Or Levy : 09-12-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #237
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a bit of running around the question of when Israel will give back the land?
Then they need to pay reparations for the injustice.

Does anyone realize what North Korea would do if someone would start building on their land? It would be much worse than throwing stones, there would be bombs and no one could blame them.
How about Japan trying to get some land from China?
And yet Israel cries when Palenstine tries to resist, any country would do that and more.

Israel is doing this because they can, that's the kind of people they are and one of the reasons the world opinion ranks them only behind North Korea and Iran in disapproval.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #238
country flag habibko

Quote:
Forgive me that I dared to think they need permission to own land as well. What in the world was I thinking? Are you pretending, or was that for real?
again, they don't need permission to own land or build.

Quote:
but having my country critisized by a male citizen of Saudi Arabia gets me every single time.
no one is forcing you to read my posts if they annoy you so much, you can choose to put me on ignore and hide your head in the sand.

just because my country has its own flaws doesn't mean I shouldn't comment on an issue related to another country, you on the other hand should stop going off-topic talking about a country unrelated to the thread all the time.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #239
country flag Or Levy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
There's been a bit of running around the question of when Israel will give back the land?
Then they need to pay reparations for the injustice.

Does anyone realize what North Korea would do if someone would start building on their land? It would be much worse than throwing stones, there would be bombs and no one could blame them.
How about Japan trying to get some land from China?
And yet Israel cries when Palenstine tries to resist, any country would do that and more.

Israel is doing this because they can, that's the kind of people they are and one of the reasons the world opinion ranks them only behind North Korea and Iran in disapproval.
Yikes, the lack of knowledge astounds me.

Last time *I* checked, during the 1967 war Israel was a war with Jordan and Egypt, the west bank and Gaza strip were taken FROM THOSE COUNTRIES during the war.
I didn't see the world calling on Jordan and Egypt to give the Palestinians independence prior to 1967. The world didn't care about it then. And the world didn't care when Jordan butchered the Palestinians before 1967 and gave them few rights even though they are majority in Jordan.
Nobody cares when Muslims kills other Muslims in the middle east.

Egypt and especially Jordan saw the Palestinians as a huge hazzard, and weren't about to give them any rights whatsoever.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #240
country flag garfunkel3008
Banned!

garfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond reputegarfunkel3008 has a reputation beyond repute

there must be a solution for this
garfunkel3008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote