Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 AM   #31
country flag dweijnen

dweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robby in Usa Hardcourt Season

Robby lost 26 76(5) 26, he played a good 2nd set, if he can keep up that level he might win a few matches at the Us Open. C'mon Robby go for it.
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #32

There for a while I thought Robbie was going to make me eat my words that he couldn't beat Davy, but again it just didn't happened
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #33

Robby is so far down the list at the U.S. Open I see no way he can get a good draw He really needs to find a way to get his ranking up
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #34

Robby's 1st Rd Match at the U.S. Open is against Eduardo Schwank. I have at least heard of him! But as of 8/30/10 his Ranking will be #57 while Robby's Ranking will be #102

Last edited by 16681 : 08-30-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
country flag idolwatcher1

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

well, Robby could have gotten worse in the 1st round, like at this year's Wimbledon, but it seems like a match Robby could win if he plays as good as we know he can.

Robby's road to the finals:
R1: Eduardo Schwank
R2: Marcos Baghdatis (16)
R3: Mardy Fish (19)
R4: Novak Djokovic (3)
QF: Nikolay Davydenko (6) / Andy Roddick (9)
SF: Roger Federer (2) / Robin Soderling (5)
F: Rafael Nadal (1) / Andy Murray (4)

I wish Robby would truly believe in himself and seize his potential while focusing intensely throughout the matches he plays. Sometimes I feel like he's his own worst enemy, and he just doesn't give 110% each time or he lets doubt creep in and eat away at his ability to focus. I feel like he would have so much more success if he just fully committed during each of his matches. If he was intensely focused on each point, he'd know how to respond to his opponent better, he'd execute his shots better, he would work the point even better, his footwork would be better, he would serve better, and his opponents would have reason to be worried. I want the Robby back who's capable of surprising everyone!

Good luck to Robby tomorrow!!
idolwatcher1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolwatcher1 View Post
well, Robby could have gotten worse in the 1st round, like at this year's Wimbledon, but it seems like a match Robby could win if he plays as good as we know he can.

Robby's road to the finals:
R1: Eduardo Schwank
R2: Marcos Baghdatis (16)
R3: Mardy Fish (19)
R4: Novak Djokovic (3)
QF: Nikolay Davydenko (6) / Andy Roddick (9)
SF: Roger Federer (2) / Robin Soderling (5)
F: Rafael Nadal (1) / Andy Murray (4)

I wish Robby would truly believe in himself and seize his potential while focusing intensely throughout the matches he plays. Sometimes I feel like he's his own worst enemy, and he just doesn't give 110% each time or he lets doubt creep in and eat away at his ability to focus. I feel like he would have so much more success if he just fully committed during each of his matches. If he was intensely focused on each point, he'd know how to respond to his opponent better, he'd execute his shots better, he would work the point even better, his footwork would be better, he would serve better, and his opponents would have reason to be worried. I want the Robby back who's capable of surprising everyone!

Good luck to Robby tomorrow!!
Yet another 1st Rd loss for Robby But he couldn't have gotten through that draw anyway Marcos lost his Match and Fish had to play a 5 setter to win his Match.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #37

idolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond reputeidolwatcher1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just sad. 10 years ago Robby was in the finals of the US Open juniors, and 5 years ago he was a set away from the US Open finals... this year, he exits in the 1st round for the first time not playing against Andre Agassi. What is wrong with him that he can't get it together?

Robby had a break in the 1st set, but gave his lead away by getting broken twice, each on the first break point chance his opponent had in both respective service games.
In the 2nd set, Robby was two points away from winning that set, but then it went to a tie-break, and he totally collapsed in that tie-break, barely winning any points on his serve.
Robby got a break early in the 3rd set, only to get broken right back (color me surprised ), but luckily, Robby broke back yet again, and managed to hold serve despite facing more break points.
In the 4th set, Robby got broken in the 4th game... however, he did have 3 break point chances to get back on serve, but he blew them all, and thus lost the match...

May Robby forget the past and think about what he can do in the present to get more victories.

He's still at the US Open playing doubles with Sweeting.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #38

Wow, Robby sucked on serve in his doubles match! That's what really did his team in as Sweeting held serve much better. Robby needs to get his act together. He's such a good guy, but he's not giving us any time to root for him, because he loses too frequently in the first two rounds, and his ranking is now solidly outside the Top 100...

I have no idea where he will go next, because he will have to QUALIFY just to play anywhere this Fall... But he NEEDS to go for it, because what he is sorely lacking is match wins that he can build confidence from. The only string of wins that he had this year was during the clay season, and he needs wins on hardcourt to get his ranking back up!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he should play some challengers here instead of traveling and trying to qualify in locations far and wide?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Wow, Robby sucked on serve in his doubles match! That's what really did his team in as Sweeting held serve much better. Robby needs to get his act together. He's such a good guy, but he's not giving us any time to root for him, because he loses too frequently in the first two rounds, and his ranking is now solidly outside the Top 100...

I have no idea where he will go next, because he will have to QUALIFY just to play anywhere this Fall... But he NEEDS to go for it, because what he is sorely lacking is match wins that he can build confidence from. The only string of wins that he had this year was during the clay season, and he needs wins on hardcourt to get his ranking back up!
Well playing Matches to Qualify could be good for Robby--if he can only win them You're right it is hard to be a fan with Robby going out so early in Tournaments And it was such a shock to me that his only run so far this year was on the clay Robby used to play his best on the hard courts
Old 09-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Well playing Matches to Qualify could be good for Robby--if he can only win them You're right it is hard to be a fan with Robby going out so early in Tournaments And it was such a shock to me that his only run so far this year was on the clay Robby used to play his best on the hard courts
According to Robby's website, he'll be trying to qualify to the Shanghai tournament, so I hope he practices hard, and makes his way into the main draw... if nothing else it will remind him the difference between players who are good enough to enter directly and those who aren't... he NEEDS to find himself as a player and do what he does best to make it as far as he can.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #42

Quote:
According to Robby's website, he'll be trying to qualify to the Shanghai tournament, so I hope he practices hard, and makes his way into the main draw... if nothing else it will remind him the difference between players who are good enough to enter directly and those who aren't... he NEEDS to find himself as a player and do what he does best to make it as far as he can.
What happened with the Sports Psychologist? Wasn't Robby playing his best tennis while he was seeing an S.P.? Or may be he was playing his best tennis right after seeing a S.P.? I get the timeline of Robby's career confused In fact I never even had the timeline of his life correct until just recently I really thought he had lived in Fla. not Ga. for years
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #43
country flag dweijnen

dweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond reputedweijnen has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he can win another Atp Tournament in the future, C'mon Robby play your'e best tennis, it's now or never.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweijnen View Post
I hope he can win another Atp Tournament in the future, C'mon Robby play your'e best tennis, it's now or never.
Yes I would say at Robby's age and with all the young players coming up from so many countries now--he is running out of time quickly
Old 09-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #45

Robby is scheduled to play in the Heineken Stars 2010 Exhibition in Vietnam Oct. 1 and 2. The other players are David Nalbandian,
Sam Querry, and Tommy Haas. This Exhibition will be the first time Tommy has played since his hip surgery. It's kind of an interesting line up of players IMHO.