Is online tennis betting still illegal in the US?? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #1
country flag ConnorsLendl

ConnorsLendl is on a distinguished road
Default Is online tennis betting still illegal in the US??

Does anyone have any info on the current US laws for online tennis betting?

Would I have to travel to Vegas to make a legitimate bet? I don't want to get involved with any type of bookie that could give me trouble.
ConnorsLendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is online tennis betting still illegal in the US??

it is illegal in the U.S. but you dont need to bet with tony soprano to do it. I've been betting for 7 years non-stop and no slap on the wrist, the laws are for inshore bookies and the players dont get punished.

thegreek.com
5dimes.com
bookmaker.com
bodog.com

All very reputable places if you are truly interested.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
country flag ConnorsLendl

ConnorsLendl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
it is illegal in the U.S. but you dont need to bet with tony soprano to do it. I've been betting for 7 years non-stop and no slap on the wrist, the laws are for inshore bookies and the players dont get punished.

thegreek.com
5dimes.com
bookmaker.com
bodog.com

All very reputable places if you are truly interested.
Thank you. Your help is much appreciated!
ConnorsLendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

no problem, it is harder now to deposit than it has been in the past, but if you feel comfortable with moneygram, western union, or gold-pay, then you shouldn't have too much a problem. Some debit cards work but most dont.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
country flag Bloodletting

Bloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond reputeBloodletting has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, tennisfan or anyone, do you know if Neteller's Mastercard works on the states? (Not the online site, but the card itself to buy at shops)

I'm planning a trip on January and would be very nice to spend my "bookie cash" there
Bloodletting is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
country flag tuco_ramirez

tuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond reputetuco_ramirez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorsLendl View Post
Does anyone have any info on the current US laws for online tennis betting?

Would I have to travel to Vegas to make a legitimate bet? I don't want to get involved with any type of bookie that could give me trouble.
the short answer is "it depends"
gambling is regulated on both state and federal level with different taxation rules.

currently the biggest obstacle for us(and a) residents is wiring money with credit cards (remember, fbi has plenty of wire fraud predicates and they are not shy about using them)

if you intend to do some heavy lifting (and i imagine in this case you would not be asking questions here) you best options are still vegas and the mob. or you can visit one of those fake countries (like ukraine) and establish a shell account (or alternatively use off-shore cc)

if your intention is to have some fun, any off-shore bookies that are willing to accept us funds should do.
tuco_ramirez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
country flag merryploughbhoy

merryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond repute

Ha thats sucks for you yanks, we enjoy excellent service of bet365 and bwin easily online.
merryploughbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #8
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

bet365 is criminal

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote