U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies! - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #271
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Woohoo, glad he won!
I stayed up until around 1:30 a.m. here when the match before Kei's (Mahut vs Ignatik) went to the decider...usually I can manage until 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. but yesterday I was too tired to go on.

Kei told the Japanese media after the match he wasn't too happy with his performance, saying he tends to make errors after having a comfortable lead, and that he wants to play better and more consistently in the third round.

Dancevic in the next round will be tough too. He seems to be finding his form and he's way better than the current ranking!

Kei's best results came on hard courts too, including USO.
But from what I've read about the match here and elsewhere it seems Kudryavtsev is a kind of guy who can blow hot and cold and becomes unstoppable once he's on. Am I right? Then I can well see the danger you were talking about and I'm glad Kei managed to win in two sets!

Kei's records in TB are really good these days though!

Awww Dana, I know the feeling!
That's why I never do predictions! I simply suck at predictions and I don't want to jinx my faves!
yeah kudryavtsev tends to blow hot and cold,he's inconsistent for sure but as you said when he's on he can be near unstoppable.

I hope kei manages to qualify, i like frank and as a canadian you'd think i would hope for frank more but im pulling for kei just that little bit more.

frank wasnt that impressive against stephane yesterday, he let a 1-3lead in the first set become 3-6 and was nearly broken several times after missing key oppertunites himself. It seems that both him and kei tend to let up when they have leads and play better when its close so it will be interesting to see what one can bring the more consistent game today.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #272
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
yeah kudryavtsev tends to blow hot and cold,he's inconsistent for sure but as you said when he's on he can be near unstoppable.

I hope kei manages to qualify, i like frank and as a canadian you'd think i would hope for frank more but im pulling for kei just that little bit more.

frank wasnt that impressive against stephane yesterday, he let a 1-3lead in the first set become 3-6 and was nearly broken several times after missing key oppertunites himself. It seems that both him and kei tend to let up when they have leads and play better when its close so it will be interesting to see what one can bring the more consistent game today.
Thanx for your input, misty!
Looks like it's going to be another rollercoaster for both if they continue to play the way they've done this week! As I wrote a few days ago I quite like Frankie too so I wish they didn't draw each other!
...and I'm likely to miss it again coz it's from 4 a.m. and I have to go out in the morning tomorrow!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #273
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Final game of the first round and a mini interview after the match.
(Click on the video currently on top)

http://www.wowow.co.jp/sports/tennis...ovie_list.html
The top video has been changed to a short wrap up of R2.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #274
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanx for your input, misty!
Looks like it's going to be another rollercoaster for both if they continue to play the way they've done this week! As I wrote a few days ago I quite like Frankie too so I wish they didn't draw each other!
...and I'm likely to miss it again coz it's from 4 a.m. and I have to go out in the morning tomorrow!
i'll be here to give updates for you
Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #275
country flag misty1
Banned!

kei down a break early

2-3
Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 PM   #276
country flag misty1
Banned!

kei breaks right back

3-3

0-15

15-15

30-15

40-15

40-30

kei holds

4-3
Old 08-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #277
country flag misty1
Banned!

4-4

0-30

15-30

15-40

30-40

deuce

adv. kei

holds

5-4
Old 08-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #278
country flag misty1
Banned!

breaks frank to love

first set to kei 6-4
Old 08-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #279
country flag misty1
Banned!

kei up 3-0 in the 2nd set

score is 6-4, 3-0 kei
Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #280
country flag misty1
Banned!

and there it is everyone

kei qualifies for the main draw!

6-4, 6-1 over dancevic

the match was close but there were 2 key games:

1. at 4-4 in the first set kei was down 15-40 but held and then broke dancevic to love to win the set

2. dancevic had 30-40 on kei's opening serve of the 2nd set but kei held and then broke to love again for 2-0. It was very nearly a baggle as kei had a chance to break frank for 3-0 but he held. From that point on though dancevic never troubled kei's service games again.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #281
country flag *bunny*

Congrats, Kei!
Good luck in MD!!

Thank you, misty, for the scores!

Now I have one wish....that Kei won't be placed to play JCF in R1.
But now I have said it it will probably happen.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #282
country flag misty1
Banned!

your welcome
Old 08-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #283
country flag *bunny*

Hey just saw the draw and Kei will play Korolev!

He's in Soderling's section in Federer's quarter.
The first three rounds look like this. Not too bad I think. Could have been way worse!

Albert Montanes ESP (21) v Michal Przysiezny POL
Carsten Ball AUS v Milos Raonic CAN
Kei Nishikori JPN v Evgeny Korolev KAZ
Illya Marchenko UKR v Marin Cilic CRO (11)

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-29-2010, 01:36 AM   #284
country flag misty1
Banned!

thats a pretty nice draw
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #285
country flag *bunny*

Yeah, not bad.

Time for a new thread I think!

#3 Ferrero Tard