WWW Toronto QF? Murray or Nalbandian. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW

Murray in 2 9 6.57%
Murray in 3 26 18.98%
Nalbandian in 2 65 47.45%
Nalbandian in 3 37 27.01%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #121
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Toronto QF? Murray or Nalbandian.

It never ceases to amaze me how colossally overrated Nalbandian is on MTF. He is a very good player and has talent that compares with the Top 5's, which for various reasons he has never fulfilled, but I simply don't understand why his failure to fulfil his talent and match the achievements of the Top 5 inspires the delusion that he is in fact far more talented than the Top 5.
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 03:13 AM   #122
country flag Manequin75

Manequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond repute

last time someone defeated Soderling and Murray back to back went on to win the title (Rafa at Wimbledon). Though Rafa himself in all probability will be in the way of this person.

But if Nalby beats Soderling, Murray, Rafa and Fed back to back to back to back for the title Im gonna go in a daze.

*Assumes Rafael Nadal was never born
Manequin75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #123
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

If nalbandian wins the davis cup it's safe to say he has had a far better career than murray to date, but imo he already has.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #124
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how colossally overrated Nalbandian is on MTF. He is a very good player and has talent that compares with the Top 5's, which for various reasons he has never fulfilled, but I simply don't understand why his failure to fulfil his talent and match the achievements of the Top 5 inspires the delusion that he is in fact far more talented than the Top 5.
You should be far from surprised. The Nalbandwagonism is ludicrous, when he plays at his best he is more than a match for the top players this is clear enough, but the counter point is when he is off then he is poor and the vitriol when he loses, he is fat, he is shit, doesn't give a crap about the sport. Usually from the same ones that overrate him.

In reality, many people to tend to be drawn to the flawed types and in a tennis sense Nalbandian is like that in his attitude, so the wins get overrated and the reactions to the losses knee jerk at best.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:40 AM   #125
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
It's a pretty obvious statement. He's 23 and has done more than Dave has in his entire career.
Better player, actually it's pretty close, as there a lot of factors that make someone a great player. But better talent? No. I'm sorry, but that is something I disagree with. And Nalbandian has beaten #1 #2 and #3 at least once (twice?) in MS events, and has made the SF at all 4 majors, so it's not like his career accomplishments are that of a challenger player.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #126
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

And yes, Nalbandian is being WAY overrated right now in regards of what he has actually done on court during this win streak, what he will do throughout the rest of this event and season, and his performance into next season and making the top 5. People, this is 2 weeks of good (I'm not even going to say amazing---because it hasn't been amazing) tennis. David has done this before, and not actually backed it up for long stretches afterward. Let's not get carried away. Whenever he loses people are going to chill off of him again, and if/when he gets hurt, the same people who call him king now, will call him fat.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #127
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by green25814 View Post
I think you are confusing Murray with a certain Spaniard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Murray however trains 24/7 compared to david, which is fine. But david is by far more naturally talented.
Murray plays video games for 6-7 hours/day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manequin75 View Post
Murray is better than ferrer in my opinion
Obviously.

Murray will take this. He will grind until Nalbandian run out of gas.
paseo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:04 AM   #128
country flag Hugh Jaas

Hugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
You really should of added an option for Brands in the poll.
i agree Brands fluid and natural strokes are amazing to watch, a religous experience.

MURRAY WILL DESTROY FAT DAVE. WHY?

ADONIS 2.0

VS

FAT DAVE

Hugh Jaas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #129
country flag 3c273

3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute3c273 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORGASMATRON View Post
i dont think anyone is saying that dave is a better player. we're just saying when dave is playing his best he is better than murray and its not even close.
If you put like this ...... sure, when Nalby is playing his best he is better than an average Murray like he is now and not even close ...... then I can say ,when Murray is playing his best ,he is better than an average Nalby and not even close ...... however , when both are playing their best, Murray is slightly better IMO.

overall, Murray is clearly the better player and not even close, with the fact that a 23 Murray won much more titles then a 29 Nalby
3c273 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #130
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the effort, Hugh Jaas.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 AM   #131
country flag adam10

adam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond reputeadam10 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray will win.
adam10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #132
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck me, are people idiots here. Nalbandian isn't 29.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #133
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Fuck me, are people idiots here. Nalbandian isn't 29.
Fuck me, in THAT case, he's clearly the greatest player of all time.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:35 AM   #134
country flag OldSilentHill

OldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond reputeOldSilentHill has a reputation beyond repute

Murray better player? If he got more or less the same amount of titles/awards at 23, that doesnt mean he is a better player.

I can see a lot of people confused here.
OldSilentHill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:35 AM   #135
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby in 3