Nicolas Mahut - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #691
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
He's much lighter too. That's kind of normal.
Jan Ullrich was big and heavy comparatively even in his heyday but he climbed better than a lot of lighter guys.
And I bet Simon can't climb that even though he weights nothing .
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #692
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

Got it.I don't mind and I love to talk about Nico here much more!
It's the past news but recently quite addicted to finding what he was talking after that unforgettable match. Since not all ppl are French,would like to post some english interview here.

Q&A with Nicolas Mahut By Ravi Ubha
Special to ESPN.com

Even though he lost the longest match in tennis history, Nicolas Mahut came out a winner.

Mahut, 28, made an array of public appearances in his native France, was offered a free holiday to the idyllic island of Mauritius and landed a wild card to this week's Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Newport, R.I. In short, he has gone from relative unknown to nearly household name.

ESPN.com caught up with Mahut by phone two weeks after his 11-hour, five-minute encounter at Wimbledon with American John Isner.

Mahut beat Alejandro Falla in the first round in Newport on Tuesday before falling to Frank Dancevic on Wednesday.

ESPN.com: How manic was it between Wimbledon and Newport?

Nicolas Mahut: It was really amazing. I did three days of nonstop media, press conferences, TV shows and photo shoots. Then I stopped and practiced a little bit.

ESPN.com: How surprised were you about all the attention?

Mahut: It was much more than I expected. Everyone wanted me to talk about the match and what I felt on the court. Again, it was really amazing. I don't know what John did in the U.S., but in France it was pretty big.

ESPN.com: How much have you absorbed what's happened? Is it like a dream?

Mahut: Little by little I'm beginning to realize John and I made history with our match. It wasn't only the length, but also the quality, competitiveness and sportsmanship. I think people liked the match. When the Hall of Fame asked if I could donate some items, and also the Wimbledon Museum … I understand we entered tennis history.

ESPN.com: How long did it take to get over the disappointment of not winning?

Mahut: It was complicated. I was truly sad to lose. If I could play like that for such a long time and play well, it was because I wanted to win at all costs. At one point in the match, I felt indestructible. When I lost, it was obviously cruel.

ESPN.com: Both of you were honored on court after the match. How hard was it to remain on court, given that you probably wanted to make a quick exit?

Mahut: I don't remember the ceremony too well. I remembered it through watching it on television. I don't remember if I congratulated John, I don't remember who was on the court. It was very hard. At the same time, I knew I had to do it, had to congratulate John for what he showed over the three days. But it was as if I was elsewhere.

ESPN.com: What was it like for you in the locker room immediately afterward?

Mahut: I cried a lot, but again, I had very little memories of what happened there. My coach was with me, the physio was with me. I was there for one hour. They helped me take a shower. After an hour, I was a little better.

ESPN.com: How long did it take to recover physically?

Mahut: I didn't really feel tired. It was incredible. My body was really weird. It's only now that I've started to feel it. Mostly since the match, I slept between four and six hours, maximum. Since [Tuesday], I started to sleep for eight hours. Now I've started to feel very tired.

ESPN.com: So, only now is it really hitting you?

Mahut: Yes. I'll try to give it everything in Newport, but I know it will be difficult.

ESPN.com: Despite the fatigue, how excited were you to get back on court in Newport?

Mahut: You know, I played the most incredible match of my career against an extraordinary champion in John. But in the end, I had the same ranking because I lost in the first round -- still 140th in the world. My goal is to get back into the top 100, then the top 50. I have no choice but to start to try to win matches. After the tournament, I'm taking two weeks' holiday.

ESPN.com: Where are you going? Anywhere exotic?

Mahut: I think I'll see my dad and friends. I'll spend a week with friends in the Auvergne (central France). There's a big house near a lake. I'll do some water skiing, play golf and just rest.

ESPN.com: What's the biggest compliment you have received?

Mahut: There are a lot of things. It's incredible. In the U.S., every two minutes someone comes up to me and says, "I've never seen anything like that in my life." Also, the minister of sport [in France] congratulated me. Two things have touched me the most. Parents tell me I'm an example for their kids. That touches me enormously. And also the messages I've gotten from Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Mats Wilander, saying I was an example for the sport. Coming from legends like that, it means a lot.

ESPN.com: When you step on court now, how is it different?

Mahut: Now I have my duty to kids. When I get on court, I'm obligated to have a positive attitude and give everything of myself. In some ways it is a duty. But I'm sure it will help me in my career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...avi&id=5363967

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #693
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He's back on the tour at Segovia, he plays Gicquel first round who is also his double partner there.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #694
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

He should beat Gicquel easily

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 16 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 456-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #695
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

63 62
Hate the draw but love the result!
Keep rocking man!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
Old 08-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #696
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Tough season for Marco next is Marrero that's totally winnable. A pic on official website.

soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #697
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Great win, Nico

Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #698
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Great. It will do him good. His first easy straight set win since Wimbledon qualies R1 against Dancevic.

Last edited by Echoes : 08-04-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #699
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Nico

I read recently that he hasn't yet recovered for his match against Isner but that's normal ! It's so incredible to play as long as they have done - the body is not prepared for that.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #700
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

7-6(4) 6-3
Good to see him win in straights again!
After that long Wimby match,I pray Nico will play and win short matches as much as possible, he has the doubles to play as well.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #701
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Allez Nicolas!!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:20 AM   #702
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I♥PsY@Mus!c View Post
he has the doubles to play as well.
Unfortunately, no. They lost in the 1st round last Wednesday to Brian BATTISTONE (USA) & Harsh MANKAD (IND): 3/6 6/7(6)

Yesterday I was back right on time for Nico's match but on the tourney's official website, they gave a stream for DGT's match but not for his. But he won, that's the most important.

Vincent Millot is his next opponent.

El Hombre record !

Last edited by Echoes : 08-06-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #703
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

Unhappy Re: Nicolas Mahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Unfortunately, no. They lost in the 1st round last Wednesday to Brian BATTISTONE (USA) & Harsh MANKAD (IND): 3/6 6/7(6)
He and Marc won the first doubles against Hernando Ruano and Voinea,and when I typed those words they haven't played and lost the second match.But it doesn't matter,he ended this tourney today.

Nico may have an injury,otherwise I don't think he will lose 0-6 in the third set.I'm very sad right now.Sad to see him still not recover physically and his ranking is still low.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #704
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

0-6 in the last set against Millot
I don't think Nicolas has recovered fully from Wimbledon yet

Old 08-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #705
country flag Echoes

If he hasn't physically recovered from Wimbledon, that must be from the doubles match he chose to play right after the marathon. Sometimes you wanna be too courageous but it's just as insane. He definitely should have pulled out of it. But that's also why we like him.

My Spanish is really poor but I've understood from the article on the tourney's off. website that Millot could have won in straights. Obviously he had an mp in the second but that doesn't sound good either.