Robert Farah - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Robert Farah

Robert Farah, look at his impressive first month of professional tennis:

Who is this player? Anyone with more info about his game and his ambitions? Has anyone here seen him play live?

If he continues to perform like this he will be top 100 within a couple of month.

It´s always nice when new players come to the tour with this kind of force like Farah and it´s specially nice that he´s from Colombia!
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robert Farah

He went to uni at the University of Southern California and like Shakira is of Lebanese descent.

Just graduated, 2 hand backhand, tall guy, good kick serve. Needs to get stronger and fitter of course.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
country flag Victor Giraldo

Victor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know much, but there are high hopes in this player, hopefully respond.

http://teniscolombiano.blogspot.com/
Victor Giraldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He still hasn't 'lost' yet this year
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Like AJ said, he graduated and played for USC which is a great tennis program here...and he really did jump into the pro tourneys well. He's a good athlete, good serve (not a ton of power but he can win free points), and that backhand is really good...his favorite shot I would say. Robert serve/volleys sometimes and is pretty good at it, we'll have to see how it does against tougher competition. The backhand, as I said, is great and he likes to jump through it and come into the net off it. He's also a good returner, especially off that BH side.

He does like to play in streaks...he'll be solid and then out of nowhere he'll play 10 points in a row and you wonder who this guy is. He looked pretty comfortable out there during the Bogota challenger, and I believe he's playing a challenger or future this week. Best of luck to him
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing Campos this week, and he is already through to the QF.

And true, he hasn't really met top 150 guys yet, but he has been very impressive so far. 18-1 and the one loss coming from a retirement.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #7
country flag Ad Wim

Lost to vd Merwe, but keeps on winning afterwards, what a guy...
Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitup94 View Post
Like AJ said, he graduated and played for USC which is a great tennis program here...and he really did jump into the pro tourneys well. He's a good athlete, good serve (not a ton of power but he can win free points), and that backhand is really good...his favorite shot I would say. Robert serve/volleys sometimes and is pretty good at it, we'll have to see how it does against tougher competition. The backhand, as I said, is great and he likes to jump through it and come into the net off it. He's also a good returner, especially off that BH side.

He does like to play in streaks...he'll be solid and then out of nowhere he'll play 10 points in a row and you wonder who this guy is. He looked pretty comfortable out there during the Bogota challenger, and I believe he's playing a challenger or future this week. Best of luck to him
Coming from nowhere and will make the US Open qualies, not bad coming back from where he was a few weeks ago. He seems to have a good attitude and the backhand is impressive.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Farah made the US Open qualies and drew Begemann and the winner of that plays either Ouanna or Jenkins.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-24-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Robert
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #11
country flag Alejax

Alejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond repute

Robert won his first match on US Open qualies to Andre Begemann for 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
Next match maybe against Jeremy Ouanna or wild card Jarmere Jenkins... Good Luck Robert

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ten...e-uu_7881232-1
Alejax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #12
country flag Alejax

Alejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond repute

Robert is on qualies final after beating Jeremy Ouanna 6-4 6-2
Next match to get in the US Open against Dusan Lojda

Come on Robert!!!!
Vamos Robert!!!!!

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ten...open_7882314-1
Alejax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #13
country flag malisha

malisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond reputemalisha has a reputation beyond repute

keep it up
malisha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

In theory Farah should be able to do well against lefties, as their forehand goes into his strength.

Would be remarkable if he qualified considering where he was ranked in June.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #15
country flag Victor Giraldo

Victor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos farah carajo!!!!!!!!!!!

http://teniscolombiano.blogspot.com/
Victor Giraldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote