Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #121
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
We've had to wait 9 years, Mimi. I'm not going today b/c players I want to watch ( Roddick and Young) aren't playing and it's supposed to rain, but I'll be there tomorrow. Plus I'm still recovering from the few Margaritas I had yesterday.
Sorry about the hangover.

I hardly ever get a hangover.

But mainly, I'm glad Atlanta has a tennis tournament again. I see the American players are supporting it, and that's good. I hope it's successful.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #122
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
thanks Veronique, my boss always critisied my bad English but i have no talent about languages, my only talent is eating

i know tequila (from Mexico right?). So you better just drink 1 small glass next time
I'm going with a dear friend of mine today. I'm bringing 10 frozen bottles of water. No more margaritas for a very long time.
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #123
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Sorry about the hangover.

I hardly ever get a hangover.

But mainly, I'm glad Atlanta has a tennis tournament again. I see the American players are supporting it, and that's good. I hope it's successful.
Yes, I was very proud of Andy for remembering where it all started and accepting a wildcard. I've only been on stadium court and court 1 and can attest there's not a single bad seat in the house. It'll be successful b/c most folks around here are dying for tennis, any tennis at all. Even Melanie Oudin is doing her part. She'll be signing autographs today.

PS. I sent you a PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #124
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I was very proud of Andy for remembering where it all started and accepting a wildcard. I've only been on stadium court and court 1 and can attest there's not a single bad seat in the house. It'll be successful b/c most folks around here are dying for tennis, any tennis at all. Even Melanie Oudin is doing her part. She'll be signing autographs today.

PS. I sent you a PM.
Oh yeah. Those were good times. Andy beating Pete in Miami and then winning at Emory (sp?) and Houston too. That was back when I thought maybe he would be good on clay what with the French coach and all.

I didn't get your PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #125
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, kitties are very affectionate too. Each one is a little different, of course. Once I was very ill and was in bed for a week. The cat I had at that time who grew up outside and spent much of his time outside stayed on the bed with me for the whole week. I've never had a cat who wasn't affectionate -- each in it's own way.
coz when i was younger, i used to read a column in newspapers where there were several authors writing on a daily basis, one of them was a woman who wrote a lot about her cats, the cats pee pee on her bed and ignored her even when she was ill, so thats gave me a bad impression about cats

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #126
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm going with a dear friend of mine today. I'm bringing 10 frozen bottles of water. No more margaritas for a very long time.
haha, you are so funny, why the need to bring such heavy water stuff, you could simply buy it from the shops which are located near the venue of the tourney

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #127
country flag Veronique

Quote:
haha, you are so funny, why the need to bring such heavy water stuff, you could simply buy it from the shops which are located near the venue of the tourney
Several reasons. I get 24 16oz of bottled water at my local supermarket for just under $4. I'd have to spend $1/bottle at the tennis club. I also like my drinks ice cold, so bringing frozen water worked out well for my friend and I. We had ice water ready to drink the entire time. Though the guy at the gate told us that we only should bring 2 bottles next time. LOL
Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #128
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
coz when i was younger, i used to read a column in newspapers where there were several authors writing on a daily basis, one of them was a woman who wrote a lot about her cats, the cats pee pee on her bed and ignored her even when she was ill, so thats gave me a bad impression about cats
I wouldn't want cats like that either! I had a cat go to the bathroom on the bed ONCE, but he was a kitten and after I reprimanded him and put him in the litter box, he never did it again. I don't let my cats do things I don't like. I train them to respond to my voice and set rules for them.

Quote:
Several reasons. I get 24 16oz of bottled water at my local supermarket for just under $4. I'd have to spend $1/bottle at the tennis club. I also like my drinks ice cold, so bringing frozen water worked out well for my friend and I. We had ice water ready to drink the entire time. Though the guy at the gate told us that we only should bring 2 bottles next time. LOL
I always take frozen water with me to a tournament too. When it's blazing hot at IW, I use one as an ice pack to cool me down. But, I have ice water through the hottest part of the day. I take 2 liters. That's enough because I refill with water during the day. If it's not so hot I take one liter and refill with water from the water fountains.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #129
country flag Veronique

[quote=star;
I always take frozen water with me to a tournament too. When it's blazing hot at IW, I use one as an ice pack to cool me down. But, I have ice water through the hottest part of the day. I take 2 liters. That's enough because I refill with water during the day. If it's not so hot I take one liter and refill with water from the water fountains.[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea though I didn't see any free water on the grounds. Everything was for sale. Also using one of the iced bottles of water as an ice pack is a great idea. I was already wet with sweat anyway.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #130
country flag Mimi

Quote:
I see,you are so wise

Old 07-24-2010, 01:40 AM   #131
country flag Mimi

Quote:
I wouldn't want cats like that either! I had a cat go to the bathroom on the bed ONCE, but he was a kitten and after I reprimanded him and put him in the litter box, he never did it again. I don't let my cats do things I don't like. I train them to respond to my voice and set rules for them.
that writer said her cats always pee pee on her bed, if i were her, i will kick this cat out, but she spoiled them, so she has to take the consequences

you are so wise

Old 07-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #132
country flag Veronique

I must be suffering from Rafa withdrawal. This morning I watched the last sets of both Wimbledon 08 and Aussie Open 09. After lunch I might even watch the semi-final against Verdasco. Thank goodness ESPN2 will have the Atlanta semis live. I'm not into Hamburg. For me, 1x a season is over, we've got to move on. I'm not interested in watching matches on clay until next spring. Of course Davis Cup is a different story.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #133
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I'm missing him too.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #134
country flag Veronique

Ok I'm getting desperate. Last night I watched the Rafa/Roger Miami 2004 3rd round match. A kind soul has all of it uploaded on youtube. We hooked the computer to the tv and watched it on the big screen.

Thank God for Rafa! How tennis would have been boring with Roger winning everything under the sun!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #135
country flag Mimi

veronique and Star

sorry for the lost of Roddick, it seems that he is in bad form