Grass Season 2k10 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2k10

... and he didn't fall! It shows his movement on grass is a matter of application too. Very serious match from him, focused, sparing of gestures, serving extremely well - everything looks so much better then.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Beck can be tricky on fast courts (he has already beaten Gaël on grass), but I just checked his results and he seems to be badly struggling, he hasn't won a match for months - well, until today.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute2moretogo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he played very well today. His court positioning was actually pretty good today. A little hiccup in the 2nd set, but I thought that his opponent also stepped it up. Roger looked very happy with this win.
2moretogo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #19
country flag Truc

Yep, Rasheed sounds very pleased. He's also happy because Gaël stayed in England after the Queen's, it's not a given at all with him, he usually goes back to Paris or Geneva as soon as he has one free day (which really annoys me, he always seems to waste so much time with this travelling around, he arrives in last minute at the tournaments then and also he can't work seriously on his game because Rasheed isn't in Paris and Geneva!) This time he stayed in England to work on his grass game and everything (not so much in the gym, but Gaël gains muscular mass very fast anyway, so the work on the court alone is enough to make him feel much sharper than he was just a few weeks ago). Gaël says he is surprised the work pays off so quickly.
The only reason why he doesn't like grass is the fact that he falls all the time - which is fatal since his game relies on his movement on the court. So he's happy because he didn't fall at all yesterday (only once, according to the journalist).
He also seems to be feeling much better, he sounds happier. Daryl is there and he says it's fun to hang around with his "little" brother because they don't see each other much, etc.

(The interviews in French are here and here.)

Last edited by Truc : 06-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #20
country flag Senegal

Senegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond repute

In all seriousness my recollection of the match has mostly been wiped out due to a certain other match which took place this evening. First two sets were efficient with little threat to Gael's serve and a continuation of his R1 match in terms of his movement and comfortability on the surface essentially. Beck himself was playing reasonably well apart from when he served at 4-5 in each set where he went to pieces a bit, but it was comfortable enough.

Third set should have seen the end to the match though. He missed a few BP's early on when Beck was looking defeated and 4 MP's went missing too I think it was. Highlights were undoubtedly the between the legs volley he played (no doubt to Rasheed's amusement ) and Beck's reverse spin ace which completely baffled Gael seemingly.

I'm not sure how seriously his knee was affecting him. It certainly didn't look great in the 4th set although he seemed quite tired generally and sometimes I think he accentuates things a bit, but thankfully his serve bailed him out. Hopefully the day off recharges him, GL against Hewitt!
Senegal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #21
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute

he should easily defeat hewitt!
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #22
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegal View Post
I'm not sure how seriously his knee was affecting him. It certainly didn't look great in the 4th set although he seemed quite tired generally and sometimes I think he accentuates things a bit, but thankfully his serve bailed him out. Hopefully the day off recharges him, GL against Hewitt!
A little bit sometimes, yes!
Did you do the Monf-o-meter yourself or did you find it somewhere? Nice post. I didn't see the match, but he said it's nothing serious, always the same problem with his knee, he didn't injure it more. It always hurts a lot when he plays without a proper knee strap and he waited too long to call the trainer to get a new strap. He should be fine tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 PM   #23
country flag Senegal

Senegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
A little bit sometimes, yes!
Did you do the Monf-o-meter yourself or did you find it somewhere? Nice post. I didn't see the match, but he said it's nothing serious, always the same problem with his knee, he didn't injure it more. It always hurts a lot when he plays without a proper knee strap and he waited too long to call the trainer to get a new strap. He should be fine tomorrow.
It was a little something I put together after sitting through the latter stages of the match. Not necessarily exclusive to that one, though.

Thanks for the info!
Senegal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #24
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt was just too solid, some nice patches from Gael but he really couldn't string it together enough to take a set. Second set could have been his, and he did have a set point, but I still don't think it was a bad performance by any stretch.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
country flag Lamonf#1

Lamonf#1 is on a distinguished road

Has Gael got back with his x girlfriend, the one that allegedly caused his form slump??? (i have heard this around the traps) Does anyone know anything about this??? Or his break up in general? I have seen a lot of mention of his "personal problems" does this refer to his break up??? Annnny information please!
Lamonf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote