The most #1 record reached thread - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #391
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The no thanks to screwing up the most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
is roger currently at 283 or 285 weeks at the moment ?
285. He was on 283 at the start of the French Open, and was guaranteed the extra two weeks in for the duration of the tournament to reach 285 in total. He lost the ranking the day after the French Open final.
ApproachShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #392
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger play his best tennis in grass season!!

ALLEZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #393
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment points In Grand Slams are :

For Federer :

Australian Open : 2000
Roland Garros : 360
Wimbledon : 2000
Us Open : 1000

Total : 5360

For Nadal :

Australian Open : 360
Roland Garros : 2000
Wimbledon : 0
Us Open : 720

Total : 3080

Roger Leads 2280 points in Grand Slams. But Nadal is number one in the rankings. i hateeeeeeeeee this ranking system.
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #394
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the moment points In Grand Slams are :

For Federer :

Australian Open : 2000
Roland Garros : 360
Wimbledon : 2000
Us Open : 1000

Total : 5360

For Nadal :

Australian Open : 360
Roland Garros : 2000
Wimbledon : 0
Us Open : 720

Total : 3080

Roger Leads 2280 points in Grand Slams. But Nadal is number one in the rankings. i hateeeeeeeeee this ranking system.
I don't. I actually think it's very fair. IMO, Nadal deserves to be #1 right now. Grand Slams are the most important tournaments but they also count for the most by far. Roger is only #2 right now because his results outside of Grand Slams have been appalling. Take away Cincy and you're left with very very little for a top player, let alone the greatest player of all time.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #395
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i think more like u hate nadal being #1 instead of #2.... nothing to do with the ranking system... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
I don't. I actually think it's very fair. IMO, Nadal deserves to be #1 right now. Grand Slams are the most important tournaments but they also count for the most by far. Roger is only #2 right now because his results outside of Grand Slams have been appalling. Take away Cincy and you're left with very very little for a top player, let alone the greatest player of all time.
agree... in fact roger can be on #1 for so many weeks is because u get more points in GS... but of cos on the other hand if GS didn't get so many points maybe roger would place more emphasis on the other tournaments...

so while i am still fan of roger and don't enjoy the #2 position... i'd say that nadal deserved #1 and roger deserved to drop to #2 for not taking masters as seriously... i've said many times and i'd say again -- that i'd wish he treat masters like majors in future and win more of them...! there are twice the number of hard court masters and slams compared to clay... if he does well in all the hard court tournaments... he'll be #1 even if nadal sweep the clay season..!

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #396
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Federer needs a coach.... Otherwise this year he can not qualify to semi-finals in Wimbledon....
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #397
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, Nadal deserves to be #1 right now, I don't think anyone can really argue against that. I mean you break it down & in the last 6 months Nadal has reached finals/SF of numerous non-Slam events, ok he didn't defend his AO title/points or win any title til the clay season began but he made SFs at least in quite a few whilst Roger was going out in 2nd/3rd rounds, he went on some run of 3 tournaments where he didn't win a round or something like that. Then clay season began & Nadal literally dominated it, didn't lose a match, won the clay GS...I mean you can't argue that overall Nadal has had the better last 6 months & is deservedly #1.

For what it's worth I don't really mind this anyway, yes it's annoying Roger has just 1 week left to go to get that record but that record was never something I'd ever really paid attention to til Roger got so close to it so for me it's not really that big of a deal in the long term scope of things. I think perhaps with some luck, some more consistently good results in & outside of slams & other players perhaps stepping it up against Nadal at all tournaments then maybe one day Roger gets #1 back (even if it's just for a week!) but if he doesn't, then he doesn't. They all know how the ranking system works & I'm sure Roger is aware that had he performed just that little bit better at maybe even just one of those non-slam events & just won one of them he'd probably have that record now but that's the way it goes, he didn't & I'm sure he knows why. It's obvious his focus is slams but I worry about whether he places too much emphasis on them & should his performances at them suffer through loss of form, fitness, advancing age, younger, improved opponents etc then I wonder how that will affect him.

Right now I just want a really great Wimbledon from Roger, love it if he could win it again but for some reason I have my doubts this year...just really want Murray & Roddick to be on Nadal's half of the draw, also players like Cilic, the big hitters etc...not that I don't think Roger could beat them at Wimbledon, I do think he can/would, just I don't want another Nadal/Federer final at Wimbledon.

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #398
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou so much my GOD!!!!

Please Bless Roger play his best tennis in grass season!!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #399
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
Thankyou so much my GOD!!!!
Errr...what exactly are you thanking him for here??
Old 06-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #400
country flag Massimoexp

what would happen if they would have changed the atp calendar ? For example Can Roger break the record if they change wimbledon and roland garros date ?
If grass season was first to start , Roger can break the record i think....
Old 06-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #401
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what would happen if they would have changed the atp calendar ? For example Can Roger break the record if they change wimbledon and roland garros date ?
If grass season was first to start , Roger can break the record i think....
i'm more interested to know if it will make difference if french is moved away from RG... since it's not likely dates would change but there is already talk about moving away from RG... and if it happens... will it still be on clay??

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #402
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
i'm more interested to know if it will make difference if french is moved away from RG... since it's not likely dates would change but there is already talk about moving away from RG... and if it happens... will it still be on clay??

regards,
wacky
I honestly cannot see it ever not being on clay...I just can't see it, no matter where they move it to. What would they possibly change to? European tennis, well certainly around France, Spain, Italy...Western Europe really (ignoring UK) are all mainly clay court tennis places so I can't see the French Open moving away from that - plus all the tradtion of it being on clay, being the "clay slam" etc. And then factor in that we already have a grass court slam & 2 hard court slams & the French don't really have any other option but to be the clay slam if you ask me. I certainly wouldn't want it to change surface, I like having the different surfaces at the slams...hope they would stop slowing everything down elsewhere though before everything is played like it's on clay even if it's hard court/grass court etc

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #403
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
yeah rafa was injured last year, but whose fault is that? roger played whoever was infront of him and won and got back his no.1, and same thing with rafa this year. sorry, you make it sound like roger didn't deserve it, like so many rafatards claim. roger deserved his no.1 position back, although I admit he was helped from rafa, but that's not roger's fault. Same thing with rafa now.
Exactly Usha

Roger won the RG and Wimby defeating whoever was playing against him.

Just like Fedtards shouldn't whine about his GS performance being greater than Nadal's the past year and yet being #2, Rafatards shouldn't whine about his injury blah blah blah. Afterall he decided his schedule and while I'd never think that a player deserves to be injured, and I do feel sorry that he was out for Wimby, IMHO he could have done much more to prevent the extent of his injury
Similarly, it's not Nadal's fault that Roger has screwed up the Masters and the 500s
Fed deserved the #1 then and Nadal deserves it now.
But I do wish Fed will get it back
Either way, I hope Fed plays well at Wimby Grass

Oh and I doubt that the FO would move away from clay. After all, clay is the traditional surface in most of Europe.
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #404
country flag SUKTUEN

he try his best is OK~~
Old 06-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #405
country flag Swiss Mountain

Swiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer needs a coach.... Otherwise this year he can not qualify to semi-finals in Wimbledon....

Neither Italy soccer team at the World Cup

Inside Tennis - March 23rd, 2010
Swiss Mountain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote