Mens Tennis Forums banner

idea: MTF holding their own ITF futures tournament!

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Winnipeg 
#1 ·
Ok I know this might seem a bit farfetch'd but I know if it was done correctly that there are enough people on this forum who have the right resources to make this happen. I'd like to see MTF hold their own ITF futures tournament at some point in next years ITF calendar. Now whether it be held in the US, Asia, Africa, Europe or where ever I know this is definitely possible. We could quite easily set up live streams, live scores, just about anything and it could become the best futures tournament on tour just purely because of the amount of people helping out. We can give out wildcards to the players that we feel deserve it and if it were held in the right country we could give a small country like Jamaica the chance to have more than just Dustin Brown (not that I'm suggesting it be held in Jamaica).

Before you just completely shoot this idea down and call me an idiot think about the logistics, from what I have read a minimum of $10,000 USD must be provided to hold the smallest possible futures event on the other side there is the $15,000 USD futures events, it also states on the ITF website that there must be a minimum of three 10k events scheduled in a row or two 15k events in a row. $30,000 USD is not that much when you consider sponsorships for a professional events like this, it could even work out that sponsorships alone cover the cost. I know there are people out here that are as interested as I am to make an idea like this happen so please if you have an interest at all post in this thread with your ideas.

Now I know there are people out there on MTF that are involved in business' (I am one of them) that can provide sponsorship for an event like this. I also know there are people on MTF that are heavily involved in Tennis clubs, probably even some that own some clubs. There are of course minimum standards that must be met for an event like this (ie. a Gym room on site, a club room, some form of seating for courts etc.) but it is possible. If you are just going to post in this thread and be negative please don't bother because I am being serious about this idea and I know some people will read this and think it is a really good idea too.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: MTF holding their own tournament!

So if we can get 300 people who say they are willing to provide $100 USD (U.S Dollars) then we would be able to hold the event given we find a host venue for two weeks of the year (that is if we hold two 15k events, for three 10k events it would be three weeks). So if you are reading this and you would be able to give up $100 USD for this idea to take off please post in here and say that you will (you don't have to leave your name or anything just counting numbers at this point to see if it is financially possible without sponsors or anything).

Also if anyone here has a tennis club (preferrably one that can meet some or all of ITF standards) that would be willing to host two ITF futures events in one year then please post on here all the information you can. Thank you in advance :) Hopefully this takes off.

#3 ·
Re: MTF holding their own tournament!

:retard:

#5 ·
Nah, people posting here are poor kids or greedy fucks, wouldn't pay even 1$ let alone 100$. I wouldn't mind to give 100$ or even more, and I think the idea is so much fun (I'd give WCs to Xristos, Winnipeg, Ozone, DartMarcus, Groove Dude :p) and I'd run the press office of course.

#7 ·
Yeah giving wildcards to players on MTF would be pretty awesome. I know it sounds outrageous to actually make it happen but I think it is just peoples negativity in the end that would stop it from happening. If I had $30,000 and a tennis club I would do it myself but unfortunately I do not have that sort of money. In the end it wouldn't actually be 300 people paying $100, that is just to know there is definitely enough money to make it happen.

I can obviously tell from a few of the responses already that most people aren't taking this as a serious idea so I think I might look into other methods of gaining the money ie. fundraiser etc. There is still the need for a tennis club though, one that meets the criteria of the ITF (I will look into it soon and post it here) but if anyone, anywhere has a tennis club they either own or are associated with please post in here.

#6 ·
This takes the prize for worst idea ever thought up in the history of the universe.

#10 ·
This is a very ambitious thread and I would love to see it happen. Not just as a player in the event, but as an overseer, making sure Nathii runs it all smoothly.

We'd also want to provide lodging with a local hotel. Some futures I believe do that and the players get a per night discount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.