Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nadal will Fall

5K views 81 replies 44 participants last post by  GSMnadal 
#1 ·
Before he hits the Age of 28 Nadal will fall out of the top 5.

#2 ·
fair thread

#4 ·
might even be earlier. He's pulling out of Davis cup because of knee soreness again. How much longer are they going to hold up? Even with his reduced schedule they are getting sore and there's still the upcoming hardcourt season. It will tell in what kind of shape he is in I think by the end of the USO. He almost lost at wimby early on just like Federer, people will start to figure out ways of beating him sooner rather than later.

#76 ·
Wow, this proves what a moron you are. He isn't pulling out of DC due to soreness. He's pulling out to lighten his schedule before the USO because he desperately wants to complete that career GS and that's all he cares about after Wimby this year. Fucking idiots this board has.

#8 ·
Nadal will be year end #1 even if he doesn't play the hard court season. Every year he could just play the clay and grass seasons and then take 6 months off to rest/practice and he'd still easily maintain top 5 ranking.

#9 ·
but can he keep winning all clay tournaments he plays?

#10 ·
You are Pathetic, he is no1 won RG, reached Wimbledon semi final and you are talking about "fall".

And you want us to wait 4 years till we know you are right or wrong?

Any way I dont like the same thread about Federer from Everko and I understand why it makes Federer fans think all Nadal fans are haters. But I am not, I respect Federer so much.

Reactions: NadalSharapova
#12 ·
You are Pathetic, he is no1 won RG, reached Wimbledon semi final and you are talking about "fall".

Any way I dont like the same thread about Federer from Everko and I understand why it makes Federer fans think all Nadal fans are haters. But I am not, I respect Federer so much.

Federer won AO and made quarter finals of other 2 GS so he's not that far behind Nadal however everyone thinks this is just HOrrible of Federer. If Nadal wins 1 GS and makes it past Quarters then it's fantastic.

Federer simply raised the bar too high and everyone is Still in shock when he doesn't win. When will people realize that making the Quarters or Semi's really isn't all that bad for a player of his age.

#15 ·
#22 ·
i wouldnt count on it

#29 ·
affirmative
he's a monster
I love all the haters going mad, cause that means Rafa's on top :worship:

#21 ·
Cleo - no you didn't. but look at all the other threads around here that do. It's simly ridiculous. I wasn't here at the time, but how was it a year ago when Nadal was sitting at #4. It just seems like everyone WANTS Federer to fail and makes a huge deal out of it when he doesn't win even though it's simply going to be a natural occurance.

RafaSpin - Bold prediction. Is he capable? probably, however he would need to stay Healthy and schedule Very wisely. All depends on the other young players.

#24 ·
They trashed Nadal last year and said he is done and will never win a slam again. The forum is full of harsh people. You will get used to it. And don't worry about Federer, he is a multi millionaire with countless championships. :hug:

#28 ·
what a moron from you :eek:
do we need to have a "XXX will fall" threads of every player ???
Maybe I'll start doing it...

#34 ·
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. See you in 4 years.

You don't need a thread for this.
These kind of threads are mindblowingly stupid.
i dont like these retarded threads any more than you do. if i had my way everko's original fail thread would have been crushed by the mods at first site, but it was allowed to continue. therefore it would be double standards if this thread is quashed. it must be allowed to run its course.

Federer will fall, Nadal will fall, Murray,Nole,Soderling should retire, Davydenko and del Potro won't come back after injuries
and Oscar Hernandez will become world no.1
MTF logic :eek:
well said old sport. its a colossal failure to say the least.

#32 ·
Federer will fall, Nadal will fall, Murray,Nole,Soderling should retire, Davydenko and del Potro won't come back after injuries
and Oscar Hernandez will become world no.1
MTF logic :eek:

#35 ·
What a pointless thread. EVERY sportsperson 'falls' eventually, as sure as night follows day.

But at this time last year many Nadal haters were rubbing their hands together in the anticipation that Nadal was almost finished right then.

Yet 12 months later, he has won more matches and titles than anyone this year, and has regained the number 1 spot having fallen to 3 a few weeks earlier. (So there is still hope for Federer fans!)

I'm sure if he wins a couple more majors in the next few years, he won't be too disappointed when his knees finally crumble, going down as one of the best players in the history of the game - regardless of whatever you think of his style of play.

Reactions: ShotmaKer
#39 ·
Your point is based on wild speculation, so I feel free to speculate as well.

1) If Nadal had to retire at 28 he would had remained 11 years as an elite tennis player. He could feel very well satisfied, with or without knee issues.

2) At the age of 22 Nadal had already accomplished everything that can be accomplished in men's professional tennis: several slams on 3 different surfaces, a bunch of M1000, several Davis Cups, Olympics Gold in singles and world #1.

3) Apart from that, he will always be remembered as Federer's nemesis, the one that prevented him to increase his legacy, the one that won 2/3 matches against him, the one that defeated him in 3/4 slam finals (including surfaces like hard and grass where Federer is considerered one of the greatest ever to play on them). He will always be remembered as the dominator between the two in his rivalry against probably the best player to ever play the game.

4) He is not the pigeon of any other player, and he has not a differential of -2 in his H2H against any other player. He is probably one of the toughest players to beat ever and probably the best ever at the mental department. His defense and movement while fit and healthy is also unparalleled. He also has the best records while playing 5-setters.

5) That facts alone are impressive, but he also possesses the best records, stats and streaks ever achieved on clay. He is an extremely great player overall but has also mastered to near perfection his game on clay (he is considered the best ever on the surface by many).

Now let's speculate:

6) If Nadal wins another Wimbledon (quite likely to happen this year), 1 USO and two more RG he'd have 11 Slams, including 7 RG (the absolute clay GOAT forever), 2 Wimbledons, 1 AO and 1 USO. That means he would complete the Career Golden Slam including at least a couple of slams on every surface. Has any other player of the Open Era ever achieved it? Not even Federer.

7) If Nadal wins two more M1000 he would have 20. None of the current pro players are going to win more than 10-12 (at their very best) overall.

I don't need him to be considered the GOAT (and he won't) and I'm perfectly fine with his current career (it's TOP-10 right now), but if he manages to win 1 Wimbly (this year he has a very good chance), 1 USO (I have the feeling he'll have a shot this year or in 2011), 2 RG (HEAVY, and I mean HEAVY favourite) and 2 M1000 (quite likely to happen in 2010) then he'd have one of the best overall careers including the Golden Slam (not to forget he achieved the Olympic Gold on a fast hardcourt) with 2+ of slams on every surface (one-dimensional dirt moonballer, anyone?), 20 M1000, at least 3 Davis Cups, clayGOAT status for ages and the edge of the rivalry between him and Federer.

PS. Federer is great and 16>7. I'm just pointing that Nadal has nothing left to prove in tennis and he could well retire today and be remembered as a legend in the game (the same goes for Federer, obviously).

#42 ·
great analysis :worship:

btw. every player is finally gonna fall (read: retire) = this thread is stupid !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.