Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djokovic's junior coach troubled by his slump

14K views 157 replies 62 participants last post by  Alaricus 
#1 ·
I have been suspicious of why Nole is not performing well. So what is this personal problem?

"I never expected this result from him at the Olympics," she said. "Nole definitely has individual problems that he does not want to expose. I hope his team can understand what are the causes that prevent him from expressing his best tennis on the court and what has affected his level of play. It's never easy to do the same thing each week, pack the suitcase and leave for a new place. A few days ago I read a newspaper the headline 'now I go to Toronto, after all '... What does ‘after all’ mean? I'm worried because he keeps saying he is tired. He must verify whether it is physical or mental fatigue."
Could this be a family issue? Djokovic does not seem right to me. How about you?

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=19100&zoneid=25

#11 ·
Well, it was bound to happen. I mean one can only win so many tight matches before his mental strength is exhausted. Even the GOAT found it hard to compete against an inspired Muzzah in the Olympics final.

I hope Djoker takes the necessary time off at the end of the season, so Roger remains the #1 until the end of 2012. He can then charge into 2013 together with Del Po and Muzzah and deny Nadull any hope for a non-clay (dare I say clay) slam left :devil:.

Nole has MONO:sad:
Reported for wishing injury.

#13 ·
Well, it was bound to happen. I mean one can only win so many tight matches before his mental strength is exhausted. Even the GOAT found it hard to compete against an inspired Muzzah in the Olympics final.

I hope Djoker takes the necessary time off at the end of the season, so Roger remains the #1 until the end of 2012. He can then charge into 2013 together with Del Po and Muzzah and deny Nadull any hope for a non-clay (dare I say clay) slam left :devil:.

Reported for wishing injury.
Your Nadal hate really burns strong eh :p?

You should rely on Nole and Delpo for that job though (both on and off clay). On paper, Murray should also be able to beat Nadal outside of claycourts, but I'm afraid he's too much of a Rafa fanboy to get it done. His mental block against Rafa in big matches is probably even bigger than Federer's.

#12 ·
Could it be his parents? I am just saying because Rafa struggled a bit when his parents had issues

#23 ·
Djokovic can not sleep in the nights because his kids cry.He needs to ask Fed how he is doing with the twins almost three years at 31 year old.And then to see what the problem he has.Djokovic is so young he just needs to play.Yes not easy week in and week out. But if you want to be number one you should be ready to pay the price.That is why Federer is the only player who can keep his ranking for such a long time he loves the game.If you think Fed never had a problem or pain it 's just a big BS of media or the press.He is a human after all like us.

#25 ·
Who said this, Gencic?
He's probably just burned out. He'll get back into it.

#26 ·
Since when is it a slump when a player loses in the semis/finals against another top player?
If he starts losing in R1 or R2 a couple of tournaments in a row,then we can call in a slump but losing close matches against other top players can happen to anyone.Sure he isn`t at the greatest level of his game right now but it`s not like he can`t buy a win anymore.
If u wanna talk about a slump,u should mention Donald Young.
Only one player can win a tournament and if all the top guys are playing someone has to lose.And a loss by Federer or Nadal or Djokovic is always magnified regardless if it happens against another fellow top 10 player.

#29 ·
when was the last time this "coach" spoke to novak?

crazies come out of the woodwork for their 15 secs whenever they can.

i bet my house she knows not one more thing about his personal life than the biggest nole stan on this forum.

not to mention if she really cared, she'd shut up.

nothing wrong with the man. just can't win them all.

#31 ·
DemiCrayanhan speaks the truth.

What people wouldn't do to get some publicity. Shame.
And lol slump...he played the RG final nearly won it, played Wimby semi final lost against the grass court champ and finally played semi in olympics against the golden medal winner and he had his chances in that match too. Nadal would've wished for a slump like that it's not like he lost in the first rounds or anything. Plus RG and Wim were never his best surfaces.

#53 ·
Are you kidding??? This is his golden team that got him to the top. He's not changing anything, just his own mind and body.

#114 ·
True. Also they lost the Serbia Open and there seems to be friction between his uncle and his father. We will never know the whole truth I guess. :shrug:

#40 ·
Nothing wrong with Djokovic. It's just not an easy task to back up an almost perfect season. I mean, only Fed managed that in the open era. Djokovic is no Federer.
Thank God for that.

#36 ·
You guys are misunderstanding. There might not be much of a slump result wise, but his mentality has clearly changed these past few months.

#37 ·
its nothing to be ashamed of, its hard to stay mentally on top after one dominating year, happens to many - Nadull, Wilander and Agassi couldnt come close

they cant all be the extraordinaire beasts that Federer and Sampras were :hug: nothing to be ashamed of falling short of the gods of tennis.

Reactions: Looner
#41 ·
he's still the same as last year, he just got figured out as well as Roger picking up his game considerably since USO last year, therefore taking his rightful place at the top where he belongs

#45 ·
The theories of Nole a transitional champion/2011 an anomaly appear to be validated.

I remember last year when Noletards were bragging Who do you see taking down Nole in the years to come... Well, Nadal, Murray and Fed did it.

#48 ·
Of course, but he's also beaten them several times over the last year and a half. He's just now registering losses to them at the biggest events finally after going *barely* unscathed at 4/5 Slams. The four of them are now closer in level and recent achievements than they've ever been.

Novak's not in a slump. I think he'll be happy to get his footing back on the hardcourts.

#47 ·
But I do not see Novak having a slump... Yes, his results are not like last year, but honestly, who can repeat two such years in a row?? And many of the matches he lost were tight. + I doubt Mrs. Gencic, with all due respect to her years, is in contact with him every day.. She is just saying this for him not to get attacked by the Serbian media for not winning a medal.

#49 ·
Yes he and she had not seen each other for many years, were reunited during the filming of the documentaries during the off-season.

It's just one opinion. Form-wise, he's not bad right now, but his game is built around footwork and movement, and he is most assured with that on hard (not grass). His worst matches this year came during the clay season.

#52 · (Edited)
Oh please Jaz
You should review Murray's excuse list.

Cortisone in back
sore buttock
wrist injury
depressions after losing 4 slam finals
left knee left hip left thigh against Cippolla
yada yada yada

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.