Mens Tennis Forums banner

Montpellier SF: Monfils bt Tsonga 7-6/2-6/6-4

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  oranges 
#1 ·
No thread? :confused:

Monfils beated Tsonga for the first time on his career to reach the final. :eek: Not sure if he is the favourite to win tomorrow as I think Ljubo is much clever than him but Gael has been playing really well since that DC clash against Argentina. I would say it`s going to be a 50/50 of possibilities for each player tomorrow.

#6 ·
Well done Gael!! Is it just me, (not intending to offend anyone) or does Monfils not seem to have many fans? :confused:

#10 ·
Oh really? Well Simon and Gasquet definitely have strong fan bases. I'm well aware what people believe the negativities of Simon's game are, i say game specifically because he is genuinely nice guy off court. Always puzzled me that Tsonga doesn't have that many fans either.

#12 ·
^^ You really need to stop saying 'people' when you actually are saying 'me'.

Reactions: WhataQT
#14 ·
Neutral fans? :spit: Tsonga is certainly popular, with Monfils it is more either love him or hate him thing, the latter more frequent on MTF, but not necessarily otherwise. Interestigly enough, you decided to ignore the comment that Gasquet has a huge fan base and regurgate why you don't like him, pretendng you're speaking on behalf of 'people'. Clown comes to mind.

#15 ·
good match, Tsonga is still recovering from injury as he would have won this otheriwse.

As for Tsonga being popular, he is for sure. His matches are always full of people and very loud (this def applies at the AO), he is one of the most dynamic and athletic players around. His energy and charisma is something that is sorely lacking with generic players like Monaco around. Tsonga is a enigma who connects with the crowds and cretes an atmosphere. His effortless power and french flair are amazing.

#21 ·
Gael returned well, served more aces than Tsonga, hit some convincing passes and kept focused in the 3rd set. A deserved win which I am very happy about. :D

#24 ·
Well, at least now you're only speaking for yourself, not the general public, not that it makes it more than a teeny bit less clownish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.