Mens Tennis Forums banner

TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Congrats to 156mphserve and Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84

20K views 343 replies 39 participants last post by  supertom 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping – End of Season Tennis Quiz Special

Rules

Every day an OOP of 10 or 15 Tennis related questions will be posted (relating to active players only). The Most difficult questions will be posted at the top of the list. There will be a shootout if both players give the same amount of answers – the shootout will be explained each day depending on the types of questions asked.

Entry list is done in order on committal.

Players will have questions to answer each round

#147 ·
Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 2 questions - Post 119 - Deadline Monday 6pm CET

4. In his country he is only active player, who reached the quarterfinal on Wimbledon. He was №90 at that time and lost to player who was world №5.

I didn't understand the question correctly. I was looking for someone who is the only current active player for his country. The comma in between "active player" and "who" got me wrong. :lol:

3 points. :spit:

#148 ·
Re: TT Quiz Special (Week 47) - Day 2 questions - Post 119 - Deadline Monday 6pm CET

4. In his country he is only active player, who reached the quarterfinal on Wimbledon. He was №90 at that time and lost to player who was world №5.

I didn't understand the question correctly. I was looking for someone who is the only current active player for his country. The comma in between "active player" and "who" got me wrong. :lol:

3 points. :spit:
You are no the only one here :lol:

I went to Wikipedia for the QF results from Wimbledon for the last years and I thought, well there are always more players from this country. :shrug:
Then I decided to read the question again :facepalm:

I feel kind of bad for those who lost with more than 5 times of my score :awww:

#152 ·

Of course it is singles... I never said I would have to beat two guys together, I just said I would have to score more than two other people and that's just not the way it works.

Besides that, Nixer, the question is not how many points you scored more than me, after all, you were playing against Cheeky Chick, not me. I won my match, it doesn't matter how and you didn't win yours.

The fair thing to do would be have a tiebreak separated than tomorrow's picks, but I'm not going to keep arguing about that because this is only a tournament which is suppose to be fun.

#153 ·

Bruno is completely correct here in that he was playing a first round match against ESimp - and he won against ESimp, there is no doubt whatsoever on that.

The first round scores of Nixer/Cheeky Chick only apply to each other in their first round match, and have nothing to do with the second round. If Nixer lost the 1R his 2R picks will not apply for singles because he will be out of the singles event.

It is now early morning in Leo's timezone - so when he's next online, it will be up to him to decide how to sort out how to proceed with the winner of Nixer/Cheeky Chick.

#174 ·

Bruno is completely correct here in that he was playing a first round match against ESimp - and he won against ESimp, there is no doubt whatsoever on that.

The first round scores of Nixer/Cheeky Chick only apply to each other in their first round match, and have nothing to do with the second round. If Nixer lost the 1R his 2R picks will not apply for singles because he will be out of the singles event.

It is now early morning in Leo's timezone - so when he's next online, it will be up to him to decide how to sort out how to proceed with the winner of Nixer/Cheeky Chick.
One other option might work....

If there are missing picks from anyone, flip a coin and move one of us to that place!!

The opponent is expecting a match, so that gives them one.

Shame to waste all this hard work :angel:

#154 ·

Plus what happened if Cheeky and Nixer both score the same tomorrow, you gonna advance both to the next round depending on whoever scores the most that round getting there?

The essence of TT is that you have to be better than 1 player, and you win. Here Bruno has to beat 2 people, if he's worse than 1, and better than the other he will lose which is not really the way TT is made to work.

I understand that's there's not really a good way to break the tie, but imo you should come up with something independant of tomorrow's questions to determine the winner of Nixer/Cheeky because if tomorrow's questions are used that's not fair to Bruno

#155 ·

These questions are easier than yesterdays. Easier to find the answers anyway. I'm expecting more people to get all 15 this time.

#156 ·

Thank you for the support 156mphserve!

#157 ·

At least I didn't totally embarass myself lol..especially since I gave up and started just pulling names from thin air lol

#158 ·

Hmmmmm.... it's not easy for anyone, especially when you've spent hours searching for the answers!!

And when some matches were decided by missing picks :(

Anyway, isn't Nixer vs CC to be decided by using the round 2 questions as a tie break.

Then whoever wins plays round 2 against Bruno.

I agree there could be more problems....

Nixer says he has 15 correct already, and I could have too...... :eek:

#159 ·

Just a question: For those of you who got the question from yesterday about the player who played 3 matches in 1 day, where/how did you find that?! I searched forever and couldn't get it! :p

#160 ·

Just a question: For those of you who got the question from yesterday about the player who played 3 matches in 1 day, where/how did you find that?! I searched forever and couldn't get it! :p
MTF is your friend(I used MTF to find 3 answers). For that one I went to the challenger forum, and used the search function and searched "3 matches in 1 day" and found the Nottingham thread as the 5th or 6th thread returned. It took some time having to go through the first few and realize they were not right, but when I got to Nottingham I saw a post about people talking about 3 matches in 1 day by Matosevic. Took maybe 20 minutes.

I remembered that happening this year but couldn't remember the player but remembered it was talked about on MTF so that's why I searched here

#164 ·

Sorry guys. Question №14 has 2 answers. i has corrected, but both answers should accepted, of course:wavey:
:lol: That's funny because I couldn't find for sure the answer so I picked some random name:lol: I'm too tired to think at this hour.

#165 ·

Of course people can find 15 but I can only find 14 so far :lol:

#167 ·

Question about 14. That 2 tournaments in a row, that's 2 tournaments in a row for the that player right? Not 2 tournaments in a row for the #1, and #2?

#171 ·

The question was changed to "South American", so that's 2 tournaments in a row for 1 and 2.
Yeah but the non south american answer still stands Hidalgo said.

It makes more sense though for it to be back to back tournaments that the player in question has played not the top 2 players as they sometimes play different optional events.

So for instance say Giraldo beat Fed, and Nole this year in RG and Wimbledon he would work even if Fed played Halle, but say if he done it in Cincy and US Open but played Winston Salem inbetween then it doesn't work because he played a tournament inbetween so he didn't beat 1, and 2 in 2 straight tournaments for him.

That's the way the question makes most sense to me

#168 ·

Why did we start a day early? I checked last week in post #2 and it says Monday :(

#183 ·

I agree that the question should be cancelled, since Hidalgo's original answer is not entirely correct, but I guess this is up to Hidalgo. What's the deadline for today, anyways?

#186 ·

If I'm not wrong Nalbandian did it too.

#191 · (Edited)

Deadline passed
Missing picks from Marto

Singles draw

14:14 | 156mphserve vs. Forever-Delayed (Countback 15 answers)
12:06 | orangehat vs. *jean*
10:04 | abollo vs. Boarder35m
14:00 | BrunoBeidacki vs. 14 Nixer or 14 Cheeky Chick

14:14 | Freak3yman84 vs. Eddy DoubleD (Countback 14 answers)
04:10 | lolada4 vs. maldini
11:07 | Dudisela75 vs. KingDocy
00:14 | Marto vs. mateusz2904 missing picks from Marto

question №14 cancelled

So 1) Cheeky Chick or 2) Nixer should replace Marto. Who can throw a coin?:)

#195 · (Edited)

Doubles Draw

Day 2

19:15 | *jean*/Tomek. vs. Vilniete/savesthedizzle
14:10 | RHB1993/Eddy DoubleD vs. abollo/Deathless Mortal
21:21 | Cheeky Chick/King Docy vs. maldini/Dudisela75
19:00 | SUPERTOM93/Nixer vs. tal20/Dupuis2006

12:04 | orangehat/Marto vs. Thunderfish8/lolada4
00:05 | Elirj70/sfar vs. rajknier/Esimp
14:04 | 156mphserve/Kitty Tennis vs. Boarder35m/supertec
28:28 | Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84 vs. BrunoBeidacki/mateusz2904

Doubles Draw

First round results

33:33 | *jean*/Tomek. vs. Vilniete/savesthedizzle SR1 Tomek.
26:33 | RHB1993/Eddy DoubleD vs. abollo/Deathless Mortal
48:41 | Cheeky Chick/King Docy vs. maldini/Dudisela75
42:00 | SUPERTOM93/Nixer vs. tal20/Dupuis2006

18:10 | orangehat/Marto vs. Thunderfish8/lolada4
04:10 | Elirj70/sfar vs. rajknier/Esimp
19:13 | 156mphserve/Kitty Tennis vs. Boarder35m/supertec
56:48 | Forever-Delayed/Freak3yman84 vs. BrunoBeidacki/mateusz2904

#196 ·

ANSWERS of DAY2
1. RYDERSTEDT
2. KLAASEN
3. DI MAURO
4. DIMITROV
5. ZVEREV
6. RUSSELL
7. GREMELMAYR
8. NIELSEN
9. BERANKIS
10. MAHUT
11. GINEPRI
12. SERGEYEV
13. BENNETEAU
14. -
15. STEPANEK

#197 ·

Why do we have zero points? I did send picks today:)

#199 ·

Why do we have zero points? I did send picks today:)
You sent to Hidalgo only - I now have those picks and will adjust - can you make sure you send to both of us.

#198 · (Edited)

SINGLES and DOUBLES QUATERFINALS (1 day only!)

1. This player has reached the final of challenger, playing nine tiebreaks during tournament. He was №71 that moment.
2. This tennis player won 1 ATP-level match in career, he lost 5 games only and his opponent was player №52.
3. This tennis player (more than two meters height) reached the final of the first Challenger, where he was in the main draw.
4. This tennis player has been qualified for 4 ATP tournaments in a row this year, but always lost in the R1 of MD.
5. This tennis player has the only title in the singles and in the doubles, he won titles in the same event both in the capital of his country.
6. This tennis player (former TOP-100) who was born in 1974, has been qualified for the ATP tournament this year, but won 5 games only in the main draw.
7. This Frenchman was in the R32 of Roland Garros for the first time at 32 years old.
8. This tennis player won his only ATP match in his career and his opponent was former Roland Garros champion.
9. This tennis player has won the 8 matches on ATP tournaments, but on the grass only. He has reached SF on the home ATP tournament
10. This tennis player (formerly TOP-30) is unstable. This season he has won TOP-10 player on the GS and lost to player, who was not included in the TOP- 500 on the Davis Cup match.
11. This TOP-10 tennis player won five times in ATP tournament, which took place in his birthplace.
12. This player has made new world record of the serve speed on this year's challenger
13. These brothers have won their first title in the doubles at the home tournament
14. This 20-years-old player first entered the TOP-100 when he reached the Quarterfinals of Wimbledon
15. This US tennis-player had 17 consecutive defeats in a row on the ATP-level matches

SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO HIDALGO AND ADEYC TILL TUESDAY 20TH OF NOVEMBER, 6 pm CET!
PLEASE, SEND LAST NAMES (ACTIVE PLAYERS) ONLY.

GOOD LUCK!

#200 ·

Sorry; I will do tomorrow. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.