Mens Tennis Forums banner

~|* 2008 Davydenko Cheering Thread *|~

8K views 110 replies 19 participants last post by  Crazy Girl 
#1 ·
Congrats on Kolya's efforts in Doha. Reaching the QF, ensuring his 4th seed placing at the Australian Open :yeah:

#56 ·
When he served that double fault when he was serving for the match, I was convinced he'd choke, and was almost too scared to watch the TV :lol: So glad he didn't!

#61 ·
Kolya, I was in tears after you won the match. To see that smile on your face was so precious. All these months of suffering and humiliation and yet you still found the strength to carry on. And during your worst moments and lowest points when they fined you for 'not trying', and people were jeering, you still kept your head high. You are the strongest of will and your journey is an inspiration to me.

with all my love
Briecie

#63 ·
on his bday :p

#65 ·
Here is the projected order of play for this weekend's DC tie, though, of course, Tarpischev has the right to change it up until 15 minutes before each match ;)
R1 - M.SAFIN (RUS) v T.BERDYCH (CZE)
R2 - I.ANDREEV (RUS) v R.STEPANEK (CZE)
R3 - N.DAVYDENKO / M.YOUZHNY (RUS) v L.DLOUHY / P.VIZNER (CZE)
R4 - I.ANDREEV (RUS) v T.BERDYCH (CZE)
R5 - M.SAFIN (RUS) v R.STEPANEK (CZE)

#67 ·
Today it was because he is still slightly jet-lagged from the Miami trip, and also because he has had no clay practice at all this year, and did not feel comfortable to play. He will probably be put in for the last day if the tie is still "live".

#71 ·
:) I saw the Minar match on TV. He started slowly, and Minar played very well in the 1st set, but after Kolya found his rhythm, there was really only ever going to be one winner :) A few shaky moments in the final set - but nothing too serious!

#73 ·
Kolya beat Serra 2 and 2. :hearts: Final against Federer, time to finally beat him, this is a great chance to. :yeah:

#74 ·
:) I watched the match on TV. After the hard matches in previous rounds, it was good to see Kolya winning far more easily. I like Roger, but he is far from at his best right now, and I think Kolya has a good chance today too. I'm just mad that Eurosport have shown this tournament all week, - yet don't seem to be showing the Final :mad:

#80 ·
Lost to Robredo 7-6 in the third. :awww: Had a match point. He's played a lot of tennis lately, time to be 100% for the French now. :dance:

#81 ·
I saw the match. To be honest it was pretty dire in the first two sets - too many unforced errors and wasted chances from both players - but the final set came alive with some brilliant tennis, and could have gone either way. Btw - here is a pic I took of Kolya practicing in Rome on Tuesday.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.