Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rotterdam R2: Baghdatis def. Gasquet 6-4 6-4

2K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  Jverweij 
#1 ·
Now that's the Baggy I know! :worship:

Clutch performance.

#6 ·
Very NID, Baggy is leagues ahead of Gasquet in every department. After this performance, I bet even a mediocre Baghdatis can pretzel a peak Gasquet.

#23 ·
You say every match result is NID. Bagdhatis is not leagues ahead of Gasquet in much at all besides heart and forehand.

Gasquet losing to a half decent player is not that surprising though.

#11 ·
third win in 3 matches for Baghdatis.

I didn't see the match but Baghdatis usually likes matches with opponents who leave him the control of the court, and well that's quite what Gasquet's style has tended to become.

Gasquet won't be bothered though : after Montpellier's final, he had said that Marseilles was more his aim than Rotterdam.

#13 ·
expected, this mug cant win at 500 event as Cilic does, both of them shame as Top Ten :facepalm:

#19 ·
Baggy was on fire. He was going for his shots and was very competitive in long rallies too. Richie tried to hit the ball harder from forehand wing in the 2d set, but it didn`t help. He could have won with this game against today`s Nieminen, for example, but well... You can`t win that all, still great beginning of the season. :) If Richie seriously targeting next tournament in Marseille, sincerely he should have never played in Rotterdam even.

#21 ·
You can't ask player to have the same motivation on all the tournaments. Gasquet just won at "home" and will play next week in Marseille. He said to the french media that Rotterdam wasn't important. Maybe he shouldn't have play it.
Moreover Baggy played well, it isn't a bad loss from my point of view.

#25 ·
Da Baghster on a roll. Very convincing performance indeed.

But... as Baggy said himself on the post-match on-court interview, he immediately acknowledged that his performance may well have looked better than it indeed was, as he suspected that Gasquet might have been a bit tired from playing so many matches already in this season, winning two titles in such a short time.
Classy comments! :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.