Mens Tennis Forums banner

Murray's constant swearing on court

13K views 153 replies 87 participants last post by  bari1991 
#1 ·
Just wondering is anybody bothered by this?

I can never get myself to really warm up to Andy Murray due to his constant on court swearing, it's not pleasant at all to watch.

I guess there are no ATP rules that forbids this?

#35 ·
Swearing doesn't bother me. However, what does bother me is following:

1. Murray swearing /moaning when an opponent hits an ace or a winner that is unreturnable.

2. Murray clutching his leg whenever he's losing and then when his starts winning the leg is fine. Sometimes, literally he'd lose a point, clutch his leg and make a face like he's in pain, when he wins the next point and he's like "come on!")

3. Speaking of 'come on', what really annoys me about Andy is when he shouts "come on" after his opponent double faults or makes an unforced error.

#52 ·
This pretty much. I don't care if a player swears ocassionally, and I don't see why someone should. But doing it all the time and in situations like the ones you mentioned (unreturnable winner, ace), etc.

the most swearing tennis player i've ever seen on a tennis court was gastón gaudio.

he used to go in these long monologues full of swear words to himself, context and sometimes the opponent. Quite funny, I must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=spB4sEeZ6PM#t=28s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mye4vAmKEDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0qfu4WXRJUw#t=236s

Gaudio had the best meltdowns by far.

#38 ·
there is no player in the universe that can be so angry like murray. off courts, a different story.

#41 ·
jmac: "he was born frustrated." :haha:

#47 ·
Another pointless discussion. Every player swears at some point in a match - its actually quite amusing in my opinion. It gives a match that much more emotion. Would you rather have players that show no emotion at all ? as long as the player doesn't swear at their opponent its fine with me. You would probably find that you hear swearing everyday in any sport football especially , so why do you think tennis should be any different ?

#60 ·
^^^This.

Most if not all players swear on court,Muzzah is just unfortunate he speaks English:lol:I find the outbursts hilarious tbh:rolls:The only things i can't stand about his on court behaviour,is him come oning and fist pumping after his opponents hits a silly error or double faults.:rolleyes::facepalm:

#56 ·
Everyone swears. I don't have a problem with it per se. The only thing is that Murray really needs to do something about his body language. As much as I like Mandy, it's just painful to watch him especially when he is losing points. I think it's hurting his focus and ultimately his game.

Fed used to have tantrums when he was young. Nole was bad too. Somehow they managed to change, calm down, stay focused and become cold blooded killers on the court. One point at a time, win or lose, you stay calm.

Muz needs to get more composed. His top competitors can read him like an open book and I'm not sure that's a good thing. That's something Lendl could teach him btw. :)

#77 ·
His on-court antics are some of the most disgusting and shameful I've ever seen on a tennis court, professional or otherwise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.