Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #35a - Como. - Congratulations to scher x2 and Lisandro

11K views 234 replies 46 participants last post by  hartnett 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping 35a Como​

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches (and sometimes some qualifying draw matches) and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: TT: Como Monday/Tuesday etc. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day, or in special cases until the deadline set by the manager in order to benefit the majority. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to jimdixon99@aol.com

See less See more
#36 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #35a - Como. - Entry lists updated. Keep committing

In if out of US. Doubles anyone?

#38 ·
#39 ·

Reminder - first deadline is tomorrow 6.00 p.m. CEST.

If you are thinking about committing here it is best to do it early. You have nothing to lose.

#42 ·

chowdahead25 and Shi Feng have places in USO main singles draw, so are out of here. Well done!

lucian_iasi, karo_em9 and andrijagajic are currently in main doubles draw, but doubles are still open for another day, so they may yet lose their place.

Don't forget you can still commit here as LEs, while trying to qualify for USO. I will keep an eye on results.

#43 ·

chowdahead25 and Shi Feng have places in USO main singles draw, so are out of here. Well done!

lucian_iasi, karo_em9 and andrijagajic are currently in main doubles draw, but doubles are still open for another day, so they may yet lose their place.

Don't forget you can still commit here as LEs, while trying to qualify for USO. I will keep an eye on results.
Wow, if I do not qualify for USO, I will probably be seeded here :eek:

#44 ·

Yes, you would have a very good chance, but don't forget that Late Entries can be seeded, so it all depends on who else enters.

#50 ·

Yes, you would have a very good chance, but don't forget that Late Entries can be seeded, so it all depends on who else enters.
Yeah, I know :)

#52 ·

If I'm out in US Open quallies..can I still enter here?
Thanks in advance !

#56 ·

If I'm out in US Open quallies..can I still enter here?
Thanks in advance !
Yes, you can enter here before you know your fate in USO qualies, and then if you get through there your entry here will be cancelled.

Or you can wait till you know, if you prefer.

Entirely up to you.

#57 ·

Manager, why didn´t you put me on the Entry-List in Singles and Doubles?
I signed up in Singles and in Doubles with hartnett

The last Como Entry list update was 22/8 at 11.50 p.m. (BST) and you signed up at 7.42 a.m. on 23/8. Much as I would like to update after every single entry, I do have other things to do.

I am managing Astana this week, Como next week and St. Remy the week after, and still trying to get my picks in on time as a player.

Be patient - you will be included in the next update.

#59 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #35a - Como. - Entry lists updated again

In

#60 ·

In, someone who wants to play doubles?

#63 ·

IN as LE ( if out of uso qualies) :)

#65 · (Edited)

At the moment there are 32/33 singles entries so qualies are likely. PLEASE form more doubles teams!

The situation in New York is such that players gaining a place in the Main Draw there will not be known until Saturday, but I will need to make the QD in Como on Friday.

So if you are in the QD here and still in USO QD you will send picks to both. If you win a place in USO MD you will be taken out of Como and your place will be taken by a Lucky Loser.

(Looking further ahead to Monday, if you lose in USO Final QR you must choose whether you want to try for a Lucky Loser spot there or play Como.)

Edit: Following advice from TT Board, you can try for a LL spot, and only withdraw from Como if you are successful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.