Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rank the forehands of the top 10 from best to worst

11K views 159 replies 68 participants last post by  RForehand 
#1 ·
That's missing, right?
BTW, glad to see my idea is catching on :)

1.Federer
2.Nadal
3.Ferrer
4/5.Del Potro
4/5.Berdych
6.Djokovic
7.Murray
8.Tsonga
9.Tipsarevic
10.Monaco

#2 ·
1-Del Potro
2-Nadal
3-Federer

4-Tsonga
5-Berdych

6-Djokovic

7-Tipsarevic

8-Murray
9-Ferrer

10-Monaco

#86 ·
1-Del Potro
2-Nadal

3-Federer

4-Tsonga
5-Berdych

6-Djokovic

7-Tipsarevic

8-Murray
9-Ferrer

10-Monaco
Nadal
Federer
Tsonga
Del Potro
Djokovic
Berdych
Ferrer
Tipsarevic
Murray
Monaco
1. Delpo
2. Nadal

3. Federer
4. Berdych
5. Tsonga
6. Djokovic
7. Tipsarevic
8. Murray
9. Ferrer
10. Monaco
1. Nadal
2. Federer

GAP

3. Del Potro
4. Berdych
5. Tsonga
6. Djokovic
7. Tipsarevic
8. Murray
9. Ferrer
10. Pico
1. Delpo. He can do almost everything from that wing with different speed. Very reliable shot.
2. Fed. Rogie declined strongly with his forehand, but I would still put him #2.
3. Berdych.
4. Djokovic.
5. Ferrer.
6. Tsonga.
7. Murray.
8. Tipsarevic.
9. Monaco.

I don`t rank Rafa.

I don`t know what latso is talking about, but Federer`s prime forehand was the biggest shot tennis ever had honour to witness. He could do everything his heel wanted from any position, using any speed and angle. GOAT shot.
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Del Potro
4. Tsonga
5. Berdych
6. Djokovic
7. Ferrer
8. Tipsarevic
9. Murray
10. Monaco
Del Potro
Nadal
Berdych

olderer
Djokovic
clownga
Murray
Tipsarevic
Ferrer
Gasquet
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Del Potro
4. Tsonga
5. Berdych
6. Djokovic
7. Ferrer
8. Murray
9. Tipsarevic
10. Monaco
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Tsonga
4. Del Potro
5. Berdych
6. Djokovic
7. Murray
8. Tipsarevic
9. Ferrer
10. Monaco
1-Del Potro
2-Federer
3-Nadal
4-Tsonga
5-Berdych
6-Djokovic
7-Tipsarevic
8-Ferrer
9-Murray
10-Monaco
1 Del Potro
2 Nadal

3 Federer
4 Djokovic
5 Berdych
6 Tsonga
7 Murray
8 Ferrer
9 Tipsarevic
10 Gasquet (or Monaco)
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. del Potro
4. Djokovic
5. Tsonga
6. Berdych
7. Ferrer
8. Murray
9. Tipsarevic
10. Monaco
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Del Potro
4. Djokovic
5. Berdych
6. Tsonga
7. Ferrer
8. Tipsarevic
9. Murray
10. Monaco
This is not because I'm a Rafa fan but my true opinion
1. nadal

2. Federer

3. Del Potro
4. Berdych
5. Djokovic
6. Tsonga
7. Ferrer
8. Murray
9. Tipsa
10. Juan Mugraco
Wrong.
Nadal has by far the best FH in the game, not in Top 10, but overall and not only for this generation, but probably a top 3 ever.

I'm a Fed fan, but for me it's curious for ppl rating his or Pony's FHs better than Nadal's, that's just insane.

Anytime Rafa can turn around and hit the ball with the FH - you know this point is slowly (or not) becoming his biatch.

No one is That dominant with this shot. The guy has barely any serve, BH, slice, volleys, technique, etc. But he has this FH. And psycho-physical abilities as well ofc, but it's all about this powerful whip.
i've watched Fed since the 90s

And his FH despite being among the greatest shots in history is still right behind Rafa's in my book.

Fed always had the FH to capiatlize on all the rest he does have. Rafa has always been 70% FH and this is absolutely incredible.

Federer's FH is probably Pony like and a bit better, but for me it is quite behind Rafa's.

Ppl tend to forget Fed's serve, brain, variety, footwork, touch, etc. These combined with his FH made him the greatest.
Even the Chillean Bull had a more standing out FH than Fed, what to say about Rafa.
I agree with all these, except the all slice period, which is not true.

But as a Fed fan you can hardly find many ppl appreciating his game more than i do, yet i try to be objective and Rafa's FH is a shot that had me impressed since the very first few times i watched him. No one else can create this rotation, with the necessary speed and a real minimum margin for error, all the banana passing shots, etc.

It's probably a narrow margin here and possibly a matter of taste, or personal opinion, coz they're both incredible shots indeed.
Wrong :stupid:
1) Nadal
10) Mandy
Incorrect.
scary sensible from you :unsure:
Wrong. I put Nadal's too high, so I edited it. Now it's better.

#9 ·
Nadal has by far the best FH in the game, not in Top 10, but overall and not only for this generation, but probably a top 3 ever.

I'm a Fed fan, but for me it's curious for ppl rating his or Pony's FHs better than Nadal's, that's just insane.

Anytime Rafa can turn around and hit the ball with the FH - you know this point is slowly (or not) becoming his biatch.

No one is That dominant with this shot. The guy has barely any serve, BH, slice, volleys, technique, etc. But he has this FH. And psycho-physical abilities as well ofc, but it's all about this powerful whip.

#12 ·
you obviously didn't watch Fed from 2004-2007. Had the same consistency as Nadal's at absolute peak but in term of variety it was lightening years ahead. It was scary how it looked and it never broke down, any match which Fed lost in that period was due to awful backhand.

#21 · (Edited)
Our list is exactly the same, except I put Tsonga #4 and Berdych #5 - tough decision too, they are roughly the same.

They say great minds think alike :D :yeah:

#14 ·
In that period Fed played most of the time just slice BH, even on clay. Try to imagine a modern game player who is playing most of the time just slice on one side and is ranked in top 10, pretty unimaginable. Fed, by playing slice BH had the best 4 consecutive years in open era history, that's how his forehand was good. Take Tsonga's or Delpo's bashing FH on the day when everything is going in and you'll get Fed's FH in 4 years time with exception that watching Tsonga or Delpo you get an impression that those are risky home run shots with big margin for error, watching Fed hitting those FHs you had a feeling like he is taking some zero margin for error basic shots

#16 ·
I agree with all these, except the all slice period, which is not true.

But as a Fed fan you can hardly find many ppl appreciating his game more than i do, yet i try to be objective and Rafa's FH is a shot that had me impressed since the very first few times i watched him. No one else can create this rotation, with the necessary speed and a real minimum margin for error, all the banana passing shots, etc.

It's probably a narrow margin here and possibly a matter of taste, or personal opinion, coz they're both incredible shots indeed.

#15 ·
1. Nadal
2. Federer

GAP

3. Del Potro
4. Berdych
5. Tsonga
6. Djokovic
7. Tipsarevic
8. Murray
9. Ferrer
10. Pico

#19 ·
1. Delpo. He can do almost everything from that wing with different speed. Very reliable shot.
2. Fed. Rogie declined strongly with his forehand, but I would still put him #2.
3. Berdych.
4. Djokovic.
5. Ferrer.
6. Tsonga.
7. Murray.
8. Tipsarevic.
9. Monaco.

I don`t rank Rafa.

I don`t know what latso is talking about, but Federer`s prime forehand was the biggest shot tennis ever had honour to witness. He could do everything his heel wanted from any position, using any speed and angle. GOAT shot.

#20 ·
Nadal forehand is overrated because his best shot is going against most other player's worst shot, his speed and footwork allowing him to force this pattern of play and that's all. Just look how he was struggling against Nole, he couldn't have broken Nole's BH and didn't have option B. Just forehand as single shot isn't that impressive, using DTL once per match, rarely hits the flat one, can't create big angle on IO shot, etc...

#25 ·
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Del Potro
4. Tsonga
5. Berdych
6. Djokovic
7. Ferrer
8. Tipsarevic
9. Murray
10. Monaco

#28 ·
Tsonga at Number 8 :spit:

#46 ·
Ferrer with a better FH than JMDP, the things you read on MTF :lol:

What would your list be btw, kinda curious to know.

#30 ·
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Del Potro
4. Tsonga
5. Berdych
6. Djokovic
7. Ferrer
8. Murray
9. Tipsarevic
10. Monaco

#31 ·
They're all so good, it's hard to rate them.

1. Federer Del Potro Tsonga

2. Berdych Ferrer Djokovic Nadal

3. Tipsarevic

4. Murray Monaco

#38 ·
Djokovic's FH better than Nadal. :facepalm: Same for Tsonga and Berdych. Don't understand people rating Tsonga's FH so highly - it's his serve/FH combo that's good - the FH alone is nothing like the weapon Nadal's is. This is a straight contest between Nadal and Federer with good arguments for both - I'd take Nadal on clay & Federer on hard & grass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.