Mens Tennis Forums banner

Post US Open Season 2011

18K views 358 replies 23 participants last post by  PiggyGotRoasted 
#1 ·
May be we should discuss the last tournaments of the year in this thread rather than in the "schedule" thread...

#13 ·
the stats are very odd, cause he serve very well as it seems and yet he lost a huge percents of the points on his first serve on this very fast indoor surface.
that is very suspicious :confused:
If he had served like he can with all that power there is no way he lose so much points on the serve. also Grigor didn't make DFs to suspect he decrease the spead or something? I hope it is not an injury, cause honestly these stats are unexplainable for me.:confused:

#15 ·
:facepalm: no one saw the match, we have no idea what went on.

I agree, those stats do look a bit odd. Sometimes there are errors, but no one can be sure. I hope there is no injury, but I fully expect him to lose these matches anyway. *sigh* I really want him to have a break out tournament before the year is out, not looking likely.

#16 ·
I saw Sijsling playing vs Tursunov once. His serve is pretty good (as stat shows). Unfortunately he had to retire from that match due to injury, otherwise he'd have won. So gotta give credit to Sijsling as well and oh yes, Grigor could have done better than 2 & 2.

#21 ·
Dodig is definitely a tough player, having beaten Nadal this year; I'm still perplexed how Grigor's serve was broken so many times last week. My guess is that Sijsling returned really well and was on a roll on serve. Grigor will have to avoid getting into long rallies with Dodig and attack Dodig's serve. Grigor can certainly win, but it's really up to him to come through on the big points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.