Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Miccini Thread

5K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Hian-GOAT 
#1 ·
What other day to give him his thread than on his bday? 17 today.

8 months of horror after his injury, but he is back now and still needing to find form/confidence.

Given a Wild Card to a challenger in San Benedetto and faces Olaso tomorrow. Good luck Giacomo :)

#2 ·
missing so many months at such age is never a good thing

hopefully problems are not chronic

#3 ·
It will be tough to recover. He lost 61 60 to Olaso.

I dont think its a good idea to get wild cards to these challenger events right now. Maybe futures or junior events is all he should aim for until the end of the year. He hasnt played enough tennis over the last year to play in challengers and losing badly will diminish confidence.

#4 ·
Getting back to form. He won a match in a future event in Italy first round against Falgheri. Playing F. Piccari in 2nd round, will probably lose, think it was today so trying to find the result somewhere.

#5 ·
I found the result. Not good news. Miccini lost 63 64, but I suppose not a disgraceful result for him. He is finally starting to match up well against guys much older than him again and its good experience.

#6 ·
Miccini now 18 is back today playing tennis for the first time since January in a futures event in Bologna. He faces Papisdero i am interested to see how he does.

#10 ·
For his age at the time ony Tomic was ahead of him in the juniors. Alot of people had high hopes, maybe too many, but anyway the worst was his big injury. Still we have higher hopes for Quinzi now :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.