Mens Tennis Forums banner

The NEW, improved STRONGAWAGON - Oh right, I was gonna upload this title

42K views 345 replies 45 participants last post by  JoWilly 
#1 · (Edited)
New year.
The first title came in the 2nd month, when Jo won Marseille by defeating Tomas Berdych in the final 3-6 7-6(6) 6-4

ALLEZ, JO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys. I have decided to create a brand new thread about the StrongaWagon. Who needs to be revived like in the good-old times.
2011... A year of surprises. Tsonga getting strong again, putting the so called "Duopoly" under his strong arm and punching 'em like Ali.

The Ali of tennis is back. He's just a deserved top 10 again, 2011 is the new 2008.
He's the only player that the "big 4" fear.
He's the only one who can stop the non-slam-france.

He's waving the french flag again, and this time, there's no mercy.

They fear him... And they're right doing it.

See less See more
#54 ·
Re: The NEW, improved STRONGAWAGON - Jo won DOHA!!! First title in 2012!!!

Jo will play Davis Cup against Canada. His teamates are Llodra, Bennetau & Monfils.

#55 ·

Jo should be able to get both singles rubbers. I don't know who'll play alongside Nestor but Llodra/Benneteau should be able to take the doubles as well.

#57 ·

Allez Jo! Broke Pospisil.

#58 ·

Jo takes the 1t set 61. Finishes with a 204km/h ace, nice touch.

#59 ·

Jo def Vasek Pospisil 61 63 63
Bravo.

#60 ·

Great win. Tough match ahead against Raonic on day 3.

#61 ·

France is winning this, Raonic is a beast when he wants, but Stronga can manage to win this. But my heart's still broken, so i dunno...

#63 ·

France is winning this, Raonic is a beast when he wants, but Stronga can manage to win this. But my heart's still broken, so i dunno...
Who would you root for if Croatia and France played in the DC final and Ivo and Jo played??

#62 ·

Alright, why the fuck not? I'm in too!

#69 ·

Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11734241 said:
Lyndon:smooch: :smooch: :smooch:

So tsonga next up for him is marselle tourney after davis cup?
Yep... 300 points out due to not playing Rotterdam :(

I have faith in him for Marseille.

#71 ·

The STRONGAWAGON is rising. 2012 to be the year, ALLEZ!
We still believe, even if some people say he's not the same as last year, and his 2012 is a big dissapointment. Well, screw them. Tsonga has the tennis to win so many big tournaments, and time will give us the reason.

#72 ·

The STRONGAWAGON is rising. 2012 to be the year, ALLEZ!
We still believe, even if some people say he's not the same as last year, and his 2012 is a big dissapointment. Well, screw them. Tsonga has the tennis to win so many big tournaments, and time will give us the reason.
I hope Tsonga can better 2011. AO wasn't his best, but Nishikori really isn't a good matchup for Jo. It's matches like that that make me wonder whether it might be time for a coach to help him a little tactically. Anyway, He may drop to 7 if Berdych does well in Rotterdam, but he has hardly any points to defend until Queens/Wimbledon!

#73 ·

I want Tsonga to gun for #5 ranking....I think he can do it :rocker2:

#76 ·

I could see a tough match against Nico on R2, in Metz 2011 he really struggled against him( won 75 on 3rd set). Nieminen or Seppi should be overpowered by him on QF, and a tough match against Delpo, who is really on form if both get to SF.

#78 ·

Jo Closes the gap on Ferrer to around 200 points. I'm 99% sure he can't get 5th spot at Marseille but hopefully he can build some confidence at Marseille and do well at Miami and Indian Wells as he has next to no points to defend there.

#80 ·

Hoping Tsonga does well at Marseille as well as Dubai. I hope he can beat Nishikori sometime. I don't know why he struggles against him.

#82 ·

Tsonga for #5....COME ONNN you can do itttttt :rocker2:. But hard opening 2nd round with Mahut :help:......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.