Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping - Atlanta - Congratulations FERNET (x2) and Gallina!

9K views 117 replies 18 participants last post by  Gallina 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #30a - Atlanta

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit. :D

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Atlanta, Monday/Tuesday etc]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the deadline each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to freak3yman84@gmail.com

See less See more
#95 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis Tipping - Atlanta - Friday OOP In Post #89!

Singles Differences

00:00 | kondrashov (RUS) vs. (Q) Nixer (RUS) - DODIG vs. HEWITT
00:00 | Cava (CZE) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) - DODIG vs. HEWITT

Friday Singles Pick Count

Doubles Differences

00:00 | Elmo Jr/Rodrigo R3 (BRA/BRA) vs. (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) - DODIG vs. HEWITT
00:00 | sergiodmm/Lisandro (BRA/BRA) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) - DODIG vs. HEWITT

Friday Doubles Pick Count

#97 ·

Interview with The Bulldog

1. What has been your best TT result this year (in singles or doubles) thus far?
Winning Pereira CH in singles.

2. How do you tend to do in American TT tournaments?
Usually poorly in singles, but very well in doubles.

3. Which would be more significant to you, winning the singles or doubles title here?
Doubles, as my ranking is lower in that discipline.

4. How did you get into playing TT?
Another user convinced me to play it.

5. Does your bias towards certain players ever affect your TT picks?
It does, but I've got better in this regard. I'm now a reasonably objective, unbiased analyst.

6. Without looking it up (if you need to), can you say which state Atlanta is in? What do you know about the state?
I know it was in Georgia, and I suppose that state is famous for its golf. It has Augusta National as well as a couple of prestigious courses in Atlanta itself.

#98 ·

Interview with Allez-Alejo

1. What has been your best TT result this year (in singles or doubles) thus far?
My best result of the year has been winning the Rome 1000 doubles with my partner, stbanchile.

I tend to do fairly well...I have won Cincy masters in the past and won USO doubles last year.

3. Which would be more significant to you, winning the singles or doubles title here?
I would say winning doubles would be more significant due to having to defend USO winners points coming up.

I got into TT many years ago just by browsing the site. TT was relatively new at the time and it has been interesting to see the game grow over the years.

I would say it only affects my tipping every so often.

6. Without looking it up (if you need to), can you say which state Atlanta is in? What do you know about the state?
Atlanta is in Georgia...the home of my favorite pro sports team, the Atlanta Braves..

#101 · (Edited)
Saturday OOP

John ISNER (USA) vs. Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) SR2
Ryan HARRISON (USA) vs. Kevin ANDERSON (RSA) SR3

Matches count for Singles and Doubles Finals (Day 1/2) Send picks to Freak3yman84 by 4:00 PM local time.

#102 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping - Atlanta - Saturday OOP In Post #101!

Singles Semi-Finals

03:04 | kondrashov (RUS) vs. (Q) Nixer (RUS) #SRs: 1-1
03:04 | Cava (CZE) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) #SRs: 2-3

Singles Finals

00:00 | (Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND)

Doubles Semi-Finals

06:07 | Elmo Jr/Rodrigo R3 (BRA/BRA) vs. (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) #SRs: 2-3
06:07 | sergiodmm/Lisandro (BRA/BRA) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) #SRs: 3-3

Doubles Finals

00:00 | (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND)

#103 ·

Finals Preview

(Q) Nixer (RUS)
YTD Highlights: ATP Memphis Final, Prostejov CH QF
Career W/L: 76-72
Record In Atlanta: 8-1
vs.​
(5) FERNET (IND)
YTD Highlights: Roland Garros QF, Dubai SF, Australian Open QF
Career W/L: 295-211
Record In Atlanta: 6-0​

H2H Record
0-0

(3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS)
vs.​
Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND)

H2H Record
1-2

Shanghai 2012-10-08 R32 Dmitry Bond/kondrashov def. FERNET/Gallina 43-42
Rotterdam 2013-02-11 SF Gallina/FERNET def. Dmitry Bond/kondrashov 4-4
Barcelona 2013-04-22 R16 Gallina/FERNET def. Dmitry Bond/kondrashov 14-7​

#104 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping - Atlanta - Tuesday OOP In Post #54!

TT Schedule of Play-- Saturday

Stadium
(Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND)
(3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) After Suitable Rest

#105 ·

Interview with nole_no1

The final in Nottingham challenger that i lost to Felipe Abe

Well not too good to be honest. My best result was a final in doubles w/kr1s71an in Los Angeles two years ago

I honestly don't care as long as i lift a trophy :D

I saw that there was a lot of activity in this kind of threads and i got interested in it and i started to like it

Often i'm tempted to go against some players just because i don't like them but i try my best to avoid doing it :p

I'm not sure but i'll say Atlanta is in Georgia. Also the only think i know about it is that they have a pretty good basketball team, Atlanta Hawks :lol:

#107 ·

Singles Differences

00:00 | (Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) - HEWITT vs. ISNER SR Differences: HEWITT 2-1 vs. ISNER 2-1

Saturday Singles Pick Count

Doubles Differences

00:00 | (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) - HEWITT vs. ISNER SR Differences: HEWITT 2-1 v. ISNER 2-1, ISNER 2-0 v. ISNER 2-1, ANDERSON 2-1 v. ANDERSON 2-0

Saturday Doubles Pick Count

#108 ·

Interview with andyroddlick

My doubles results are better than singles, Doubles - Sarasota ,Australian Open and Acapulco Champion,Trnava,Bell Vile and s-Hertogenbosch Runner-up

Not very well, but I hope to change that.Maybe I'll try some new tactics.

Both competitions are important for me,But I hope to achieve a breakthrough singles.

My friends are playing, so I can enter the game through friends, because I really like tennis,Signed up to mtf mainly for games.

Yes, sometimes.Just like my name, I really like Andy Roddick, so many times he has influenced my choice

Georgia - South East of USA, near Florida.I hope to have the opportunity to go where travel , where I think it must be a great city.

#109 ·

Singles Finals After Day 1

01:02 | (Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) #SRs: 1-2

Doubles Finals After Day 1

03:04 | (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) #SRs: 1-4

#110 ·

Sunday OOP

John ISNER (USA) vs. Kevin ANDERSON (RSA) PTS1

Matches count for Singles and Doubles Finals (Day 2/2) Send picks to Freak3yman84 by 3:00 PM local time.

#111 · (Edited)

Singles Differences

01:02 | (Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) (SR 1:2) - Same winners;

Sunday Singles Pick Count

Doubles Differences

03:04 | (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) (SR 1:4) - ANDERSON vs. ISNER SR Differences: ANDERSON 2-0 v. ISNER 2-1, ANDERSON 2-0 v. ANDERSON 2-1

Sunday Doubles Pick Count

#113 ·
Thanks for playing :D

#115 ·
Singles Final

01:02 | (Q) Nixer (RUS) vs. (5) FERNET (IND) #SRs: 1-2

Doubles Final
03:05 | (3) Dmitry Bond/kondrashov (RUS/RUS) vs. Gallina/FERNET (ARG/IND) #SRs: 1-5

#116 ·
Interview with Lisandro

Semis in Buenos Aires on simple; semis in doubles in Hamburg.

200 pts

Doubles.

It was in August 2010.

Yes, when you have the Brazilian game is hard to bet.

I do not know the state. Now looked and saw that is Georgia. Seems a rich state, remember the Olympics in '96. Well, are efficient and organized.

#117 ·
Congratulations to FERNET on his perfect week :bowdown: Also to Gallina for winning the doubles title alongside FERNET :D

:hug: To Nixer and Dmitry Bond/kondrashov, but still a successful week for Russian TT :worship:

Thanks everyone for playing and making this an enjoyable experience managing, and I look forward to more managing in the future!

Reactions: Nixer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.